Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

iamthehoyden
04.05.2013 , 04:49 PM | #611
Blast it, I didn't get through the whole backlog yet. But replies incoming!
bright - (Music for Lodestone) This piece was sweet. Lodestone makes me happy

(Cross Faction) (repsonses include IA spoilers)
Spoiler
kabe - ([Un]Invited Guest) Pierce!
(To Market, To Market) The way you've been telling stories lately is awesome. I know I've mentioned that in passing, but honestly very impressive methods. I loved this shopping list and the way it all went together. Loved it

Striges - (Uncharted Territory) Rixik on the way twi'leks are viewed is interesting and pretty damn accurate. Also, I snickered a little at: “It gets boring after a while...”

(Cleaner One) The way you wove all those story bits together is really pretty damn awesome. And that...uh...restriction is really the only way Shen would be sticking with the job. Damn *mumble mumbles*

(Allies) Omg, I don't know how it didn't dawn on me that in this AU, Rixik...well, Shen, is stuck with Kaliyo

(Catching Up) Yep, I love this AU. It's so easy to see the uses Imp Intel could find for Shen. Soooo easy!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Striges
04.06.2013 , 08:03 PM | #612
Prompt Hijacking!

Week of April 6: April Fool! Some of our characters and companions enjoy jokes more than others. Has your character ever played a prank or practical joke? Did it work or did it backfire? Perhaps your character is the eternal butt of someone else’s pranks. Do they get even? How? The galaxy isn’t all doom and gloom; write about about fools, jokes, and general silliness.

bright_ephemera
04.11.2013 , 10:21 PM | #613
Week of 4/12/2013
Membership - Our characters grow into and out of all kinds of clubs, orders, cults, fellowships, schools, social circles, and professional organizations. Write about your character's membership in - or exclusion from - some group.

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
04.16.2013 , 05:47 PM | #614
Membership for Wynston in Lodestone, a couple of years after the class line ends. ~600 words. No game spoilers.
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
04.22.2013 , 05:52 PM | #615
Whoops...posted late!

Week of 4/19/2013
Children - we've had Parenthood, now look at it from another perspective: your characters may have kids or want them. What kids do they meet? Do their kids play nice together? What do their kids want and how do your adult characters help or hinder?

Groomed - Presenting oneself to the world is a complicated thing. There are soap products to select, then hair to style, shaving to do, cosmetics to apply...alternately your characters might ignore some or all of the above. Write about your character's hair and/or grooming style.

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

kabeone
04.23.2013 , 06:28 PM | #616
I've been trying to finish Knightless and this part's been hanging out in my brain forever but doesn't fit the main plot of the story.

Spoilers for IA end game

Quick catchup so no one has to go back and read:
Spoiler

Knightless: Membership

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler

bright_ephemera
04.24.2013 , 09:13 AM | #617
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Spoiler
Amen.

Thanks for the recap! And yes, I agree that Watcher X would be just the type to get too close to actual conspiracies. Watcher X + SCORPIO = a two-entity singularity, I fear. Watch out, everybody else in the galaxy.

Now, a possible Life and Death splinter of Lodestone, set at least thirty-five years after the end of the class line. Not my headcanon Lodestone continuation, but a possible alternate.

Setting:
Spoiler

L+~37 years: Splinter 1
Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Vesaniae
04.24.2013 , 09:49 AM | #618
Feels, Bright. Wonderful feels. It's nice to see that Quinn eventually found someone else to be happy with, and that last touch at the end with the captain's insignia... Where did this lump in my throat come from?
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

irishfino
04.24.2013 , 11:05 AM | #619
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Spoiler
That bit right there broke the damn dam. Dammit. [sniffle, sniffle, sooooob]
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
04.25.2013 , 11:29 AM | #620
It's been a while since I've had an AU idea that would let me write it out. Here we go!

NotLP: Allies
Characters: Syla, Quinn, and Vette
Universe: Ninety Seven Percent

Funny Sort of Day

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!