Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

bright_ephemera
03.03.2013 , 07:28 PM | #551
Cross Faction: Allies. Spoilers for Agent Voss. 600 words.

Spoiler

Cross Faction: Enemies. Spoilers for Agent Voss. 350 words.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Cross Faction: Communication Breakdown. I only actually use four prompts for this entire continuity. This chapter is perhaps unpleasantly violent. (It is not, however, the end of the plot; we're not there yet.) 1800 words, spoilers for Agent Act 3.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

kabeone
03.03.2013 , 08:27 PM | #552
@Ves - both endings to switchbladeverse were neat, though I'm partial to the first one

@Striges - That Rixik piece was brutal! I loved it. Watching him squirm and seeing all his plans unravel, then his only salvation is coming clean and being open? Yikes, worst and most fitting punishment.

@bright -
IA Spoiler commentary
Spoiler

I loved the bits of Lodestone that contrast Wynston becoming a semi-emotionally functional person and canon Wynston.

I am now forever a Kirsk fangirl, for the 4x slicing job and his general awesomeness through this.

Did I ever mention Cross Faction is exciting? Like a good military thriller? And it's not just that I love all the Trooper characters and Vierce and Kirsk but I genuinely I want to know what's going to happen. *so excited*

Last comment because I just saw the most recent VECTOR/YUUN BFFs!!!!!!

yay indexes...

bright_ephemera
03.03.2013 , 10:00 PM | #553
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Last comment because I just saw the most recent VECTOR/YUUN BFFs!!!!!!
>8< Bug pride!

And Vierce can only say "Uh. Guys, just...just watch the chitin. Jeez." Fingerlings will be considered an outright act of war.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Striges
03.03.2013 , 11:41 PM | #554
@ Bright: Ok, belated response, but hey you’ve advanced Vierce’s story so quickly in the last day or so I couldn’t have kept up if I tried. Such is inspiration. So, that in mind, here’s the short version:

!Wow!

Kabeone’s right, Cross Faction feels like a military or spy drama. It’s a great read for any number of reasons, not least because it’s a Star Wars story with important events occurring that don’t involve Jedi or Sith. Go go non-Force-sensitives! I’m enjoying the progression overall, and I like your take on how Voss’ Nightmare Lands might affect sentients that rely on broader senses than humans. Also, Vierce’s conversation with Jorgan, basically hanging himself out to dry, was a nice touch. I agree with Jorgan, I don’t think command would buy it, but nice anyway. Especially given how the Trooper story starts.

Lodestone-Canon contrast is stark. Canon seems to be the one where everyone gets stuff done but no one is happy, Lodestone where people are happier doing everyday things.

@ Kabeone: Aiee, drabbles and hints. All these little bits, little threads. I like all the snippets (and you tantalize with Scourge’s statement in the first one!)

@ Vesaniae: totally did not see the ending. In a weird way, I can’t decide which ending (to date) I prefer. Can’t wait to read more options. (for the record, I dislike the ending of Revenge of the Sith as well. Kung Fu Panda’s ending fight with Shi-Fu and Tai-Lung was a better Obi-Wan vs Anakin duel. Can’t find a youtube clip, darn copyright infringement.)

Estelindis
03.04.2013 , 07:06 PM | #555
I just glutted myself on a week's worth of alternate-uni-Vierce. It feels good. And sad. And desperately tense. But so good. My heart was in my mouth when

Spoiler

but whew!

kabeone
03.05.2013 , 03:56 PM | #556
Knightless: Morning After
Timing is just before the drabbles I posted

Spoiler

iamthehoyden
03.05.2013 , 08:10 PM | #557
Ok, I'm way behind on reading in this thread. I keep starting and then going 'I don't have a big enough block of time!' And then, of course, the block of time required keeps getting longer

Bright, comments as I'm going through the entries:
Spoiler

Kabe
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Striges
03.06.2013 , 08:58 AM | #558
Oh, Kabe, that's heartbreaking. Implied with the drabbles, but still. Sad face.

Prompt: The Morning After

Title: Both Sides Now (part one)

More Uncharted Territory. Follows the last one. Standard warnings for spoilering nearly everything in the Smuggler storyline. Also what might be considered a spoiler for a SW companion quest.

Spoiler

iamthehoyden
03.06.2013 , 05:59 PM | #559
"...Trapped in a budget hotel without booze and only educational programming on the holonet. I’ve lost my will to live.”
Lol, very funny. Also, I love the way Rixik's mind works, the way he sifts through all the possibilities, tracking it down.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Striges
03.06.2013 , 11:43 PM | #560
Kirya and Rixik, Uncharted Territory

Prompt: Mirror, Mirror

Title: Both Sides Now, Part Two

Characters: Master Sumalee and Shariss Kartur

Usual spoiler alerts for Smuggler story, primarily acts two and three. This takes place concurrent with the last one.

Spoiler