Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

iamthehoyden
02.16.2013 , 11:27 AM | #511
Entirely in the d'awww category Really lovely.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Striges
02.16.2013 , 08:49 PM | #512
@ Vesaniae: Aww, characters being affectionate. So nice.

@ Bright: Lord Drowl's cleanup quest, heck of a first encounter. And, yeah, more characters being nice to each other.

Just goes to show it doesn't have to be all doom-and-gloom.

bright_ephemera
02.18.2013 , 04:31 PM | #513
In the spirit of ignoring my own prompts to write for earlier ones...

Balkar's talk with Ardun Kothe, and Ardun Kothe's questioning of Cipher Nine, happens early in Vierce's Hoth sequence. That's where Jonas Balkar verifies that an Imp agent now operating as Legate was responsible for Elara's setup. In the mean time, Vierce's Cross Faction: Brotherhood. Trooper spoilers. 950 words.

Spoiler

And, following close thereafter, Cross Faction: Dreams and Nightmares II. No game spoilers. 1300 words.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
02.18.2013 , 04:42 PM | #514
Ok, I can see the screen. It's a little hazy, but I can see it. My nose is stinging though.
---------------

bright_ephemera
02.18.2013 , 06:23 PM | #515
Cross Faction runs for days and days and days more. Hoth is horrible. This occurs right around the end of Vierce's Hoth, or in the day or two after (ack, timelining). On Quesh, after an intense couple of weeks on Cipher Nine's part, we reach more Goals and Ambitions…Act 2 Agent spoilers. 1100 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Striges
02.18.2013 , 09:10 PM | #516
OO, Bright, these scenarios are dark mirrors of each other. I feel so bad for Vierce, then Cipher--is Cipher. (agent spoiler)
Spoiler
Why do I have the feeling that Vierce is going to end up blindsiding this guy. I just don't think this Cipher is going to expect the depth of Vierce's loyalty to his people and hatred of (almost) everything Imperial.

iamthehoyden
02.18.2013 , 09:20 PM | #517
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
OO, Bright, these scenarios are dark mirrors of each other. I feel so bad for Vierce, then Cipher--is Cipher. (agent spoiler)
Spoiler
Why do I have the feeling that Vierce is going to end up blindsiding this guy. I just don't think this Cipher is going to expect the depth of Vierce's loyalty to his people and hatred of (almost) everything Imperial.
This ^ and it's going to be freaking awesome
---------------

kabeone
02.19.2013 , 11:39 AM | #518
Spoiler
Agreed completely. I also love Vierce's mental ghost of Elara helping Vierce work things out. I'm glad she got a voice in this story even if it's only Vierce's image of her.

bright_ephemera
02.19.2013 , 09:17 PM | #519
Spoiler
Cipher Nine gets off on the game, and he is far too accustomed to winning it. I'm not 100% certain, but (Agent spoiler)
Spoiler
The kind of unsporting individual who a) takes this stuff seriously and b) doesn't count lives as points really has no place in Cipher Nine's world. Sooner or later Vierce will have to show him, in no uncertain terms, that this isn't Cipher Nine's world.

Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Agreed completely. I also love Vierce's mental ghost of Elara helping Vierce work things out. I'm glad she got a voice in this story even if it's only Vierce's image of her.
Elara wasn't going to be there. She wasn't in the original twenty-six-scene arc draft. But then Elara was all "If you're going to invent a Trooper fic for no reason other than that you love me, you can't not invite me to the spinoff Trooper fic." And it's Elara! I can't be discourteous to Elara!

Grumble grumble something something women grumble.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
02.20.2013 , 12:08 PM | #520
Wynston and Ruth in Lodestone: The Dead Horse Univ–I Mean, Good/Bad Memories. No spoilers except for galactic history circa 0 ATC (about ten years before the game timeline starts). 700 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!