Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

iamthehoyden
01.22.2013 , 02:54 PM | #461
I read this AU and wonder when/if Scourge will break, cause I love Scourge and all versions of Remi
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
01.23.2013 , 03:22 PM | #462
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
I read this AU and wonder when/if Scourge will break, cause I love Scourge and all versions of Remi
And then Coremi died... and the Emperor won. The End.

hehehe... J/K

Anyway, more words!
Remi AU: Knightless
NotLP: Health

Rust
Spoiler

iamthehoyden
01.23.2013 , 04:25 PM | #463
Quote:
"What did you tell them?" He asked suspiciously.

She looked back at him with a deadpan expression, "I told them you were warm."
Hahahhahahahaha!!!
Quote:
for a moment he thought he could feel the softness of her skin
eek!!
Quote:
"The serum is ready."
My goodness, I nearly forgot about that. How could I forget about that! double eek!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
01.25.2013 , 11:27 AM | #464
Ahh, serum-pants-crazy. That is a specific kind of crazy.

Um, also, have some prompts!

Prompt day!

Week of 1/25/2013
Legacy - suggested by the lovely Vesaniae. Legacy is an important part of the game, and a running theme throughout several of the stories. Is your character a part of a particular legacy, be it of family or ideology? What does your character want to leave behind when they're gone?
Hidden Talents - ported from the SFC prime universe thread. All of our characters are good fighters, but people are good at more than one thing, and in alternate universes our characters may have practiced different skills. What else are they good at - and how do their friends and family react to learning about this hidden skill?

Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...21&postcount=2.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
02.01.2013 , 07:36 PM | #465
Prompt day, "Bright's kind of lazy" edition!

Week of 2/1/2013
LF1M – Dating site profiles are full of the good, the bad, and the ugly. If your character got lonely and tired of his/her designated love interest, what profile would you write for them to submit to the HoloNet's matchmaking services?

Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...21&postcount=2.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Kitar
02.02.2013 , 02:36 AM | #466
*Walks in, noticing the slight layer of dust covering everything. Seems to have been a while since anyone has been in here.*

Um, hi after much deliberation and repeatedly talking myself out of it I have decided to actually post an offering. I have actually been playing along and writing from the prompts each week since June, but since it was simply for my own entertainment and consumption and coupled with the fact I'm a habitual lurker it never occurred to me to share, until recently.

Months later these shorts are really starting to pile up, so I picked one that was relatively short, (I have a problem creating anything short) tried to clean it up so it would be suitable for viewing, a thousand apologies for any grammatical or spelling errors.

This is firmly planted in my AU, it features everyone's favorite Cathar and it follows the NotLP: I Love This Bar. I don't think anything in here could be considered a spoiler.

So now before I chicken out again, I'm hitting submit.

*Walks quickly out of the room, frowning as more dust is disturbed on the trek out.*

Spoiler

Maylen
02.02.2013 , 07:31 AM | #467
Om nom nom!

That was delicious Kitar! Hope you share some more!

bright_ephemera
02.02.2013 , 09:43 AM | #468
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitar View Post
*Walks in, noticing the slight layer of dust covering everything. Seems to have been a while since anyone has been in here.*

Um, hi after much deliberation and repeatedly talking myself out of it I have decided to actually post an offering. I have actually been playing along and writing from the prompts each week since June, but since it was simply for my own entertainment and consumption and coupled with the fact I'm a habitual lurker it never occurred to me to share, until recently.

...soft and just-too-inebriated-for-his-own-good kitty. This image made me giggle so hard. And your sensory descriptions make drinking and smoking sound good. And Pierce managing the pieces, going even so far as to make sure Jorgan's effects don't end up all over the place? Wonderful. Welcome to the thread!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Striges
02.02.2013 , 08:28 PM | #469
Welcome to the thread, Kitar, on your official conversion to non-lurker status. What a nice way to do it, too.

I enjoyed Jorgan's thought process for the whole thing. As Bright said, excellent descriptions. I loved how Jorgan kept thinking of Pierce as "The Mountain". How is one of Havoc Squad's officers going to explain that lovely credstick, I wonder?

bright_ephemera
02.03.2013 , 11:27 AM | #470
A continuation of the as-yet-unnamed scenario I started in a What If? over in the SFC: What if Cipher Nine had participated in an operation (just before Agent Act 2, in the middle of Vierce's Act 2) to frame Elara Dorne for espionage? Now we have the interference of Law and Governance. The entire timeline will have spoilers for Elara Dorne's conversation line and Trooper through the middle of Act 2, and Agent Act 2 spoilers will very soon become significant; additional spoilers will be marked as they come up. 2300 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!