Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

kabeone
01.14.2013 , 01:41 PM | #451
Remi AU: Knightless - Behind the Scenes

I drew this thing

but in my canon-verse Remi and Scourge don't dance. In the AU, Coremi can dance but she is not with Scourge. So here's why they were dancing. 2 parts so 2 spoilers.

Part 1 Disguises - Loose interpretation... I'm still going on about the cartel gear.
Spoiler

Part 2 Behind the Scenes

Spoiler

iamthehoyden
01.14.2013 , 06:01 PM | #452
Bright - Your As Time Goes By for Lodestone is just Blasted varying life expectancies, just

Kabe - My brain shut down on this pic in your drawing thread, but I think I've pulled it back together enough to say I looooove the vest and rolled up sleeve look. I love it on men in general, but on Scourge...mph...gah...yeah. And story with the dance and everything...whew, I need to open the window in here, turn on the AC!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Striges
01.15.2013 , 08:38 PM | #453
Ack, very late commentary.

@ Bright: Another one of those bittersweet moments. I hadn't thought about the implications of Chiss life expectancy being so much shorter than Human. That said, I loved the look at Wynston and Ruth's later years.

@ Everstream: This pair almost qualifies for "alternate perspectives". Same character, slight change in events, big difference down the line.

@ Kabeone: Loved the picture. Loved the differing view of the same events. I also really liked Scourge realizing that he'd been away from the games and machinations for so long, he'd forgotten how important they were. Not how to play, just that he had to play now that he had someone else in the picture. (ha. pun. )

bright_ephemera
01.17.2013 , 06:50 AM | #454
@kabeone Eeheehee, territory marking in the most stylish way possible. I love it.

I had heard a ways back that maximum Chiss lifespan is about 80, and that maximum human lifespan is about 140, but I didn't connect the two until recently, at which point I was all I could probably have planned that better...

I've been thinking about this As Time Goes By scene. Thirty years prior to it Wynston wouldn't have been so patient with Ruth's denial and Ruth wouldn't have put up with Wynston's sneaky appearance modification. But at this point they're entirely secure in the truth of where they stand with each other, so they can let the little comforting things slide. ...which probably comes right back around to bittersweet, doesn't it?

I'm looking into different projects at the moment, possibly something a tad more uplifting. Ho-hum, we'll see.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Striges
01.17.2013 , 03:50 PM | #455
More “Uncharted Territory” with Kirya and Rixik.

I know the prompt this week is “Behind the Scenes”, and while I do have something in the works for that prompt, this particular episode jelled first. I guess it would be “Behind the Behind the Scenes.” I’m not exactly thrilled with it. It’s been through multiple rewrites and editing and, well, here it is. Occurs after the last one, Together.

Major spoilers for Smuggler story, all chapters.

Spoiler

iamthehoyden
01.17.2013 , 05:36 PM | #456
Rixik's version of the angel on the shoulder. Awesome
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
01.18.2013 , 08:01 AM | #457
Eehee, alt-Rixik pep talk. I like it.

Now, prompts!
Week of 1/18/2013
A little change of pace: The Story So Far! We're nearing 2600 posts and 750 stories; let's step back for a moment to consider our universes. Write a summary for your characters, storyline, or entire universe as you would introduce them to a beginner.
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

kabeone
01.20.2013 , 02:39 AM | #458
Index up to date and comments!

@Eversteam the little bits of your story I'm able to read (because I'm trying not to spoiler BH) makes me want to rush through the class story so I can read more.

@bright_ephemera The lifespan question is always a tough one to deal with *looks sternly at the immortal/mortal pairing she cornered herself with* Bring on the sads!

@Striges That voice may have gotten him in trouble before but it also kept him alive, I absolutely love Rixik's inner voice!

kabeone
01.20.2013 , 02:11 PM | #459
Knightless: The Story So Far as told by Watcher X
JK Spoilers / Agent spoilers kind of

Spoiler

kabeone
01.22.2013 , 02:01 PM | #460
Remi AU Knightless: Health

Spoiler