Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

iamthehoyden
12.15.2012 , 11:07 PM | #401
I liked the fight a lot, beyond the normal Darth Baras is dead chants Her shift back to light side is much much earlier in this AU than in canon and I'm glad Woot! Go Ruth!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
12.16.2012 , 02:32 PM | #402
Now: Fallout from that victory! Lodestone: Home Ec – Gardening. I'm kinda fuzzy on precise hour-to-hour timeline – how long does it take to get from Korriban to Dromund Kaas, anyway? – but that doesn't have to be the point. 2100 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

kabeone
12.16.2012 , 04:42 PM | #403
NotLP: Math

Logical Paradox - Self contradicting statements.

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler

@bright
SW Spoiler
Spoiler

bright_ephemera
12.16.2012 , 06:44 PM | #404
@kabeone Coremi...you broke it again! It makes me so happy to see callbacks to minor elements of SWTOR quests. This is just delicious.

Lodestone: Loyalty and Betrayal. 550 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads

bright_ephemera
12.16.2012 , 08:59 PM | #405
Lodestone: Goals and Ambitions ?2?3?. Here, let me put my novel on your short fic thread. This was not originally envisioned! This once again starts dealing with some Agent endgame states. 600 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads

Ereiniel
12.16.2012 , 09:53 PM | #406
My first foray into AU territory!

Fortuna Audentes Iuvat: Andrina Revel AU.

Spoiler

Night of the Living Prompt: Seven Virtues

Fortune Favors the Brave
Andrina, Aric Jorgan, and Corso Riggs. 2,450 words.
Spoiler
The Girard Legacy The Shadowlands
Eryn, Empire's Wrath | Cipher Agent Thalia | Ariena, Darth Nox | Grand Champion Varenne
Captain Andrina | Calanthe, Barsen'thor | Sarinne, Jedi Battlemaster | Astaria, Havoc Squad CO

kabeone
12.16.2012 , 09:58 PM | #407
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Spoiler
Lots of awesome Wynston thought process but I gutter brained this line. hehehe.

Feel free to write any number of novels and post them anywhere that I can read them .

iamthehoyden
12.17.2012 , 09:27 AM | #408
Bright
Ruth's trip home - How deep her trust has been shattered, to suspect the people who had been with her for her entire life. Also, Wynston's dislike of (and ineptitude with) nature is fabulous lol. For a man with such skills in the realm of people and people-made things, it's pretty hilarious.

Ruth's insomnia - "Find an obstetrician." And asking him to keep his promises - it's progress, instead of kicking him out when doubt hits.

Wynston's trip to the office - I like that as much as his professional life is comfortable, easy in a lot of ways for him, he heads back for the uncertainty and semi-chaos. Hook's in there, deep, eh?

Kabe
The description of the Sith archivists as people who wouldn't care who was there as long as they weren't going to steal anything or disturb them - love it, reminded me so much of the various libraries and archives I've been to And omg, the fact that she stumped Kel'eth Ur, "I think I broke it," think I laughed for about a minute straight.

Ereiniel
I'm just so impressed with how you're remixing the stories and having them come out looking like they were always supposed to be that way lol. <3 Aric, that grumpy grumpy man lol.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
12.17.2012 , 12:29 PM | #409
@Ereiniel, what a setting! Poor Andrina's going to have a lot of eye-openers if she found that op shocking

Now, two Lodestone entries, Confessions and Allies. The first is only very slightly changed from the main-RMC Confessions posted in the SFC some time ago; the differences are laid out in the notes at the end of this post.

So, Confessions: 500 words.

Spoiler

Allies: 600 words.
Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads

bright_ephemera
12.17.2012 , 05:25 PM | #410
Lodestone: I Love This Bar.

New plan: This will spring into its own thread after a logical leaping-off point that's coming up very soon. Because, um, the next fifteen years have some changes in store. For now, a cantina story. 1200 words.

Spoiler

Notes thereon:
Spoiler

Then, Lodestone: Affection. Sap, sap sap, sap sap sap. 500 words.

Spoiler

Notes thereon:
Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads