Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

Striges
12.01.2012 , 05:10 PM | #361
Ack! Forum ate my earlier post.

@ Bright: Love the earlier Math pieces, as well as Wynston-Quinn-Ruth. You’re right—Quinn’s abrupt change is odd, almost like there’s a companion conversation that’s missing in-game. More fic fodder, I guess. Also the recognition that Quinn is not unlike him, and some of what he dislikes about Quinn is that similarity.

@ Kabeone: Well, if you have female body type 4 and bought two of the hats…yeah, I got nothing. Very funny. Especially Lord “I don’t pay attention to fashion” Scourge. Just have the tailor make something elegant, what could go wrong?

So, to move away from events that shape the galaxy’s future, I present something far more prosaic:

Kirya and Rixik Uncharted Territiory

Zombie Prompt: Worlds Colliding/Home Ec

Title:Filling Station

If you own a vehicle and drive, eventually you must stop at the filling/petrol/gas station. That great social equalizer.

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
12.02.2012 , 12:09 AM | #362
Aieee, that's a wonderful mental image: Rixik taking down a noble brat a peg or three while the whole surly line watches.

Also I love the chemhair. That is a fine example of sci-fi style.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
12.02.2012 , 10:54 AM | #363
Kabe - the dress and Scourge's disinterest in all things fashion is so funny!

Striges - Ok, first, Rixik telling someone there's a line when you know full well if he could find a way he'd have skipped it himself, is hilarious. Second, going anywhere near Alderaan with a bounty hunter creates awesomeness, I don't know why, but it does.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Striges
12.02.2012 , 01:07 PM | #364
If there's one place in TOR where Bounty Hunters and Smugglers stick out like proverbial sore thumbs, it's Alderaan. You're the one at the big bash in last year's rental tux or the clearance dress, and everyone knows you don't belong. And yet, they get away with it.

Rixik's attitude (both versions, through he's less malicious in AU) is "there's no way I'm fitting in here, so I'll utilize the next best lever: shame and embarrassment."

iamthehoyden
12.04.2012 , 09:16 PM | #365
Night of the Living Prompt: Loyalty and Betrayal

Doomsday
Ukaita, Scourge, and crew
jk spoilers (lots of them)
Background:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
12.05.2012 , 04:02 AM | #366
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Night of the Living Prompt: Loyalty and Betrayal

Doomsday
Ukaita, Scourge, and crew

Spoiler
ahahahahaha. I laughed through this post and I love everything about Ukaita. <3 sometimes silly is the best thing.

bright_ephemera
12.05.2012 , 04:55 AM | #367
Spoiler
Aieee! And all the direct game quotes are ridiculously giggly love.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Striges
12.05.2012 , 08:52 AM | #368
"For a prophet of doom, you're pretty unhelpful," Ukaita said, popping another chip in her mouth.
Aren't they all? Oh dear, very funny, Hoyden. Much fun to read.

bright_ephemera
12.06.2012 , 11:24 PM | #369
Lodestone: Allies III, because I'm too lazy to follow other prompts. I'm not 100% delighted with this but I wanted to get something written this week. Continuing Sith Warrior spoilers, also continuing the very nearly minute by minute account given thus far. 1500 words.

The story thus far:
Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Striges
12.07.2012 , 09:13 AM | #370
Night of the Living Dead Prompt: Friends and Allies

Title: The Long Con

Characters: Kirya (Gunslinger), Rixik (Mercenary…attitude)

Driveby posting. Another one that never jelled in time for the original prompt, occurs prior to New Muwn.

(edit) Apologies, I should have flagged this with vague spoilers for Smuggler Act 1.

Spoiler