Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

bright_ephemera
11.29.2012 , 06:27 AM | #351
...AUs full of Scourge...nom nom nom

Not that I've considered relaxing my knight Rho's ethical strictures re: romantic pursuit or anything. *cough*

Lodestone, Home Ec: Checking the Mail. 1400 words, no spoilers. Directly follows the previous streak of math entries.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
11.29.2012 , 01:57 PM | #352
As always <3 Wynston. Ruth is such a good person inside, even under the mistakes and lashing out and the rest. She needs lots of hugs. Pity the Empire is so short of ones that don't come with a knife in the back.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
11.30.2012 , 01:58 PM | #353
Home Ec: Everyday intrigue

Spoiler

@bright Poor Wynston he of all people should know he can't save everybody, especially not Kaliyo. I'm really loving the Lodestone AU.

bright_ephemera
11.30.2012 , 03:25 PM | #354
Week of 11/30/12
I Love This Bar - We all do our time in the watering holes of the galaxy. What's your character's favorite memory of things seen, heard, done, purchased, insinuated, shot, kissed, imbibed, discombobulated, or otherwise rendered memorable in a cantina?
Night of the Living Prompt - So remember all those ideas or half-finished scraps you had for earlier prompts? You know how it feels way too late to post it now? Resurrect your favorite prompt - let us know which it is! - and give us a story! (Kudos to kabeone for maintaining the master AU prompt list!)
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
11.30.2012 , 04:19 PM | #355
Double post to <3 Coremi. Partly because, man, Vowrawn, and partly for surprising Scourge, and partly for Scourge having about half a second of surprise and then "Well, that saves me some effort," because it takes more than that to blow Scourge away.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
11.30.2012 , 09:15 PM | #356
Triple post, and a zombie prompt! Lodestone: Allies I. 1200 words, Warrior Corellia spoilers.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
11.30.2012 , 09:35 PM | #357
Quadruple post.

Zombie prompt Lodestone: Allies II, and almost certainly not the last. This one was extraordinarily difficult to write for some reason. Spoilers for Warrior Act 3. 2200 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
11.30.2012 , 10:59 PM | #358
Wynston's...um...yeah, that wasn't irritability...was palpable. My stomach knotted up because you know who won't say 'I was wrong.' It eats at me until I want to shake him so hard his brain falls to pieces.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
12.01.2012 , 01:10 PM | #359
Remi:AU - Knightless

Night of the Living Prompt: Culture Shock (because I wanted to write this and it fit best-ish)

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler

Edit to add:
@bright that Quinn argument still makes me mad reading it the second time around. very well done, very Quinn.

bright_ephemera
12.01.2012 , 02:55 PM | #360
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Remi:AU - Knightless

Night of the Living Prompt: Culture Shock (because I wanted to write this and it fit best-ish)

Spoiler
Baahahahah! And yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one put off by the term they chose for that particular outfit style.

As for the inevitable Quinn-seeing-Wynston, I think simply saying 'I was wrong' might break Quinn at this point. Time and a definitive end to the campaign will allow for other thoughts eventually, but here as in canon the time period is marked by rigid recitations of his reasoning - I think that's all he's prepared to deal with. Too bad admitting he was wrong would be the only starting point anyone around him will accept.

Quinn's offer is genuine; even if he isn't ready to handle contrition he can handle doing something. In canon he was never given the chance to make that offer. Here when a new factor shows up Quinn has exactly one chance to change things, but said factor is more interested in yelling "**** you" than in listening. Quinn's got nothing left to lose and only one thing left to give. He screwed up too hard for even that to matter.

The conversation is Quinn and Wynston's dynamic in a nutshell: "I can't believe a scumbag like you is questioning the value I bring to this endeavor." The intensity of the term substituted for "scumbag" changes over time; the sentiment doesn't, not for many years to come.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!