Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

kabeone
08.22.2012 , 01:06 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
@ Bright, This is such a disturbing and intriguing AU, I can't look away or stop reading, even when I get that sick feeling in my gut. It is seriously hard to read from an emotional stand point. Masterfully written, as usual!
I agree with every word of this, I didn't think I could hate Quinn more, but apparently we haven't finished pumbing those depths. The one thing that makes me happy is that at least with this scenario the fact that he remains alive makes sense.

Betrayal and Mind Control seem to be the top two AU themes

kabeone
08.22.2012 , 01:18 PM | #22
Knightless: Friends and Allies Scourge

Remi Alt-U (What if Remi never became a Jedi Knight), IA Balmorra story spoilers, 2,158 words.

Spoiler

Backstory links:

iamthehoyden
08.22.2012 , 03:27 PM | #23
Oh this is positively delicious
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

SveinEternity
08.23.2012 , 04:55 PM | #24
@Bright_, some of the best you have ever written! So, good I can't stop reading and wondering what will happen next! I allways enjoy your stuff but this is spectacular!

@Kabe, I am really loving your Coremi story! Remi and Scourge are just so awesome in the AU! I can't wait to see what you dish out next!

Great job everyone! (walks to the Short Fic thread and reads more awesome stories)
The Eternity Legacy

bright_ephemera
08.23.2012 , 07:57 PM | #25
The Sword of Mercy: Friends and Allies 3, an alternate reality for Sith Warrior Ruth along with Agent Wynston and Jedi Master Rho. Today's entry is 900 words. Significant spoiler elements are taken from SW Act 3 and IA Act 2 to set up this reality...

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

SveinEternity
08.23.2012 , 08:06 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
The Sword of Mercy: Friends and Allies 3, an alternate reality for Sith Warrior Ruth along with Agent Wynston and Jedi Master Rho. Today's entry is 900 words. Significant spoiler elements are taken from SW Act 3 and IA Act 2 to set up this reality...

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Another masterpiece Bright! I like how Perice actually has a role. In the SW story really I only see him as a role player on Taris. It's good he gets a role t play. Great job once again.
The Eternity Legacy

kabeone
08.23.2012 , 08:11 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
I did not think I could love Pierce more. I was wrong

Morgani
08.23.2012 , 08:29 PM | #28
Pierce made me choke up a little. Not by virtue of anything he actually said, but his stalwart loyalty to Ruth. Oh, here it comes again. I want to see Quinn strung up by his useless shriveled parts and sliced open so he can smell his own intestines while he dies.

I'd give Pierce that order.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

Morgani
08.28.2012 , 09:30 AM | #29
In the normal continuum, Ipha is the only Kodrevas sister that is in no way Force sensitive. So I'm flipping that around and asking what if Ipha was the only Force sensitive sister and she was powerful enough to be Jedi? I know the answer to that already. Ipha's not a good military officer. She's sarcastic and sassy and often slithers around orders. Based on that, she'd be a horrible but well intentioned Jedi.

If you play through Imperial Balmorra there's a quest where Darth Lachris tells you
Spoiler
So I'm asking myself why they don't do that now? So in this reality, they are.

It's probably good to note here that in this reality Ipha is not a cyborg, just human. She got her cyborg parts when she was fatally wounded during an operation on Hoth. That doesn't happen here.

Edit: I'm horrible at remembering this stuff. Spoilers for dark side/light side Trooper decisions at the end of the Trooper class story. Sorry. >.>

Friends and Allies, Reluctantly

Spoiler
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

iamthehoyden
08.28.2012 , 09:51 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
In the normal continuum, Ipha is the only Kodrevas sister that is in no way Force sensitive. So I'm flipping that around and asking what if Ipha was the only Force sensitive sister and she was powerful enough to be Jedi? I know the answer to that already. Ipha's not a good military officer. She's sarcastic and sassy and often slithers around orders. Based on that, she'd be a horrible but well intentioned Jedi.
This is just proof that I love Ipha no matter her class, lol. And I really want to see more of this alternate continuum. Oh, and btw:
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box