Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

Vesaniae
10.14.2012 , 02:05 PM | #221
Okay, this sort of goes with the Teachers and Heroes prompt. Close enough, I say.

Part Two of the Switchbladeverse! In which Malavai Quinn is Darth Baras' Sith apprentice and K'hera Dhakar, a Sith who has lost her Force-sensitivity, is just another party member. This continues the story from where part one left off, taking place between the Nar Shaddaa and Tatooine Warrior class quest chains. This entry contains no class story spoilers.

Spoiler
Serence Legacy Ebon Hawk
There's always lightning.

irishfino
10.14.2012 , 02:19 PM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
She took the weapon with a mumbled thanks. Why did he have to be so difficult to figure out?
Because he's Quinn!
Hey, that's not - alright, that's true. That's very true.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

bright_ephemera
10.15.2012 , 11:09 AM | #223
Teachers, sort of, ~300 words. Set in Twin Stars, the Sword of Mercy spinoff/sidetrack/continuation featuring Wynston and his Agent Act 3 spoilers.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
10.16.2012 , 05:08 PM | #224
Okay. This is long, and kind of a random splinter universe, and so on. It assumes the entirety of Ruth's main canon from RMC happened, except for one left turn at the end:
Spoiler

About 2k words are taken straight from the original/PDF work for context; the last 1.5k are tweaked or new for a Teacher/Hero.

MASSIVELY SELF INDULGENT FIX FIC GO

Spoiler

Spoiler

the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads

irishfino
10.16.2012 , 05:32 PM | #225
@Bright: Then counseling shenanigans!

Forever shenanigans!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

iamthehoyden
10.16.2012 , 06:59 PM | #226
I know it's not your canon Ruth story ending, but ....
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
10.16.2012 , 07:45 PM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
I know it's not your canon Ruth story ending, but ....
Spoiler
I'm looking at this AU and thinking
Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads

Striges
10.16.2012 , 11:29 PM | #228
Title: A Night to Remember, Conclusion

Characters: Rixik, Corso, and Kirya

Previous Episodes: Intro
A Night to Remember, Part One
A Night to Remember, Part Two
A Night to Remember, Part Three
A Night to Remember, Part Four

Spoilers for early Corso companion conversations. Also brief mention of a character in Smuggler Taris storyline, but not any actual events.

In retrospect, I should have broken this up into two parts, conclusion and epilogue, but like the first installment, I think it needs to read together. Therefore, the concluding behemoth, at 3500+ words:

Spoiler

Translations (in order of appearance):
Spoiler

I will catch up on commentary later. So sorry!

bright_ephemera
10.17.2012 , 05:40 AM | #229
Hysterically funny through and through, Striges!

By the way the honeymoon suite is totally the best and most reasonable way to travel with your partner. Regardless of when or whether you got married. Wise words. Can't say I know anything about any cabinets at the places I've stayed at, though...
Bright's Fanfic Threads

Striges
10.17.2012 , 08:05 AM | #230
Likewise. And if anyone would know how to get a good hotel deal, it's Rixik.

As far as the cabinet goes, I was thinking of the sealed liquor cabinet in some hotels; maybe they don't do this anymore. You incur a fee to open it, whether or not you use any of the mini bottles within. So, in the honeymoon suite of a tacky hotel on Hutta, what vaguely embarrassing things might there be an extra fee to access? That they imagine a newly married couple might want to use? Hint: not mini liquor bottles *wink wink nudge nudge*.

Gah, still not caught up on reading.