Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

Earthmama
10.06.2012 , 03:54 PM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by Adwynyth View Post
multi pass?

iamthehoyden
10.07.2012 , 09:37 AM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Lord Ninka Alone AU (Spoilers for everything SW)
Spoiler

Backfired Plans/Bad Memories

Spoiler
Yayyy!!! By the way, love the technique with all the recorded reports at the beginning, love it!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
10.07.2012 , 10:48 AM | #203
The Sword of Mercy: Memories, an alternate reality for Sith Warrior Ruth along with Agent Wynston and Jedi Master Rho. Today's entry is 2200 words. Significant spoiler elements are taken from SW Act 3 and IA Act 2 to set up this reality...[spoiler]
[Too creepy.]
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
10.07.2012 , 10:50 AM | #204
Lord Ninka Alone AU (Spoilers for everything SW)

Backfired Plans/Bad Memories

Spoiler
Oh, I do like that series of reports. Jerk.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads

Striges
10.07.2012 , 12:49 PM | #205
Belated responses, because I'm slow:

@ Earthmama: From the first, gender-bender Quinn has been an interesting examination of social prejudice (imo). Reversing the roles didn't make either characters' actions any more acceptable, but they did seem more typical. That F!Quinn would fall for the M!Warr felt inevitable. That basic dynamic (don't hurt me, but: Defroting the Ice Queen) has been in both dramatic and comedic fiction forever, a staple. Not a knock against your writing, far from it. I really like that Anders' feelings for Miranda are genuine. I'm interested to see how the rest of this turns out, given how you're following the original game story.

(see you tomorrow after wasting a day on TVTropes)

@ Kabeone:
Spoiler
I really liked this line. The series of reports is very well done. Still get the gut reaction of the Big Event in SW Act 3, but in a different way. And gah, darn, new prompts! And really good ones too! Must...wrap...up...buddy-picture...first...

@ Bright:
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Spoiler
I enjoyed the entry immensely, but this bit stood out for me, combined with Ruth's later hallucinations. A sensible Sith, for a change. LS in the Empire, and as Sith in particular, has got to be a tough road.

iamthehoyden
10.07.2012 , 01:29 PM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
The Sword of Mercy: Memories, an alternate reality for Sith Warrior Ruth along with Agent Wynston and Jedi Master Rho. Today's entry is 2200 words. Significant spoiler elements are taken from SW Act 3 and IA Act 2 to set up this reality...
Really like how you
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Striges
10.07.2012 , 10:06 PM | #207
Rixik and Kirya: Chiaroscuro

Prompt: Good/Bad Memories

Title: Memories (not the most creative title, sorry)

I wasn’t going to do anything with the new prompts until I wrapped up A Night to Remember, but this shook loose and demanded to be written down. The tone was far from silly, so it kept interfering with the definite silliness of the other piece.

Just over 300 words. No spoilers.

Chronologically, this takes place before the class stories begin. It references events in Judas from the Original Short Fic thread, which occurs even earlier.

Spoiler

Estelindis
10.08.2012 , 08:24 AM | #208
Bright, I am as confused as hell.

Spoiler
Did I miss something?

bright_ephemera
10.08.2012 , 08:26 AM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Bright, I am as confused as hell.

Spoiler
Did I miss something?
Son of a...I didn't copy in the time-setting note I had written. And that file is at home, and I'm just pre-business trip. Grumble.

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads

Earthmama
10.08.2012 , 09:44 AM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
Rixik and Kirya: Chiaroscuro

Prompt: Good/Bad Memories

Title: Memories (not the most creative title, sorry)

Spoiler

That was lovely Striges, The above line never fails to get a smile out of me.

As to what you said about my Gender Bender, I am fully aware F/Quinn is a bit of a cliche. One of my goals in writing it, is trying to truly mirror M/Quinns attitude and applying it to a woman, which in this case was an "Ice Queen" . Male Quinn is suuuuch an Ice Queen in game. I'm glad you're still enjoying it, and that Anders is coming off the way I want him to.