Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

iamthehoyden
09.24.2012 , 10:45 AM | #171
Catching up on my reading this morning
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Screw the Sword of Mercy:
Spoiler

Notes, continued Agent Act 2 spoilers:
Spoiler
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
Agent spoilers:
Spoiler
IA 2 spoilers:
Spoiler

Prompt: Backfired Plans
Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
That line was great I really really like how Rixik is multi-lingual. You make that very much a part of the story without clobbering us over the head with it - it's just a part of who he is. Also, I adore anti-heroes and AU Rixik is thoroughly in that category. Love him! I think the split timeline works well here.
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
09.25.2012 , 06:26 PM | #172
@Striges I love the Rixik's hungover gutter-polyglotism, I also thought Corso singing in the other cell was appropriate and hilarious. (I am also quite guilty of the flashback/forward thing. I think it's because my stories start so slowly that I need to go to somewhere interesting first then backtrack, maybe I should just learn how to edit better )

@bright_ephemera I love how sweet Wynston is while still being the total agent "Yeah I'm saving your life but I'm doing it for me not for you... mostly."

IA Storyline END GAME Spoiler
Spoiler

Striges
09.25.2012 , 09:12 PM | #173

Title: An Night to Remember, part 2

Characters: Rixik, Corso.

Previous Chapters:
Intro
A Night to Remember, Part One

@Kabeone: Everyone uses flashbacks. I do it all the time. Less often flash-forwards, other than skipping what would otherwise be tedious and boring to read. When done appropriately the technique serves the plot and you don’t notice it as a device. When done poorly, though, it sticks out as unnecessary. Paid authors are as guilty as anyone. It’s not limited (or even as common; I think the fad is passing) to fanfic and amateurs. I like your stories; the comment was not directed at anyone in this thread.

I tend to write pretty linear stories, so the non-linear aspect really stood out for me. I had to talk myself into starting it that way. Then I guess I felt I had to apologize for it, since I wasn’t quite convinced I was doing the right thing.

Thanks everyone for sticking with this story, and for the praise. Nearly 2500 words this time.

Contains spoilers for Corso companion quests.

Spoiler

iamthehoyden
09.26.2012 , 08:47 AM | #174

Title: An Night to Remember, part 2

Characters: Rixik, Corso.
Spoiler
This is just wonderful; I giggled a ridiculous amount. The description of the effects of the drink was superb - you have such skill with description. Pefect word choices. And the bit at the end, an interesting addition to a complex character. Looking forward to the rest!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
09.26.2012 , 10:52 AM | #175
@Striges I love how you worked the Corso conversations in there, even funnier because those are the responses you use to flirt with him.

Remi AU: Knightless - Backfired Plans

Spoiler for SW Tatooine (~1200 words)

Spoiler

Earthmama
09.26.2012 , 11:11 AM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
@Striges I love how you worked the Corso conversations in there, even funnier because those are the responses you use to flirt with him.

Remi AU: Knightless - Backfired Plans

Spoiler for SW Tatooine (~1200 words)

Spoiler

I love Knightless just as much as I loved the original Remi story. I'm addicted to Remi, I just love her!

bright_ephemera
09.26.2012 , 02:35 PM | #177
Wonderful piled on top of wonderful. Striges, those two working their way up to trouble are hilarious, and kabe, I almost cheered when you mentioned that last NPC - one of so many highly recognizable people whose paths changed or, critically, didn't, due to Coremi's career!
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Striges
09.26.2012 , 10:25 PM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Spoiler
This line made me laugh. Out loud. Seriously. Just the matter-of-fact-ness. Loved it.

Also loved the whole confluence of the SW-JK Tatooine stories. Well done!

Adwynyth
09.27.2012 , 01:04 AM | #179
Spoiler
BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHA! Priceless!

Adwynyth
09.27.2012 , 01:10 AM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
I love Knightless just as much as I loved the original Remi story. I'm addicted to Remi, I just love her!
Ditto. I can't wait to see where this goes.