Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

Estelindis
09.12.2012 , 05:15 PM | #111
Vesaniae, I enjoyed that immensely. I hope you will write more of it.

elliotcat
09.12.2012 , 08:11 PM | #112
Yay prompts! Mad props to kabeone for sending me prompts because I am absolutely miserable today. I live in IL and they've started harvesting the corn, which made my allergies go nuts. It's awful! I hate fall.

Week of 9/12/12
Life and Death - Throughout our stories in the game, some NPCs died and others survived. What if the opposite had happened? Obviously this has the potential to be really spoiler-heavy so don't forget to tag your posts!

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

bright_ephemera
09.12.2012 , 08:13 PM | #113
The Sword of Mercy, an alternate reality for Sith Warrior Ruth along with Agent Wynston and Jedi Master Rho. This is the latest entry in the timeline to date. I actually don't know what prompt this is for, I was going to shoehorn it in somewhere because it interests me. What If? Goals and Ambitions, subtitled Last Wishes? Friends and Allies? In any case, today's entry is 900 words. Significant spoiler elements are taken from SW Act 3 and IA Act 2 to set up this reality...
Spoiler

Spoiler

(Edit: Wagh, posted this on top of a prompt that I can't force it into matching! Whoops.)
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

kabeone
09.12.2012 , 08:25 PM | #114
Oddly enough that sounds like the Life and Death prompt Not sure if you saw it before you posted. Loved it!

iamthehoyden
09.12.2012 , 08:48 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
The Sword of Mercy, an alternate reality for Sith Warrior Ruth along with Agent Wynston and Jedi Master Rho. This is the latest entry in the timeline to date. I actually don't know what prompt this is for, I was going to shoehorn it in somewhere because it interests me. What If? Goals and Ambitions, subtitled Last Wishes? Friends and Allies? In any case, today's entry is 900 words. Significant spoiler elements are taken from SW Act 3 and IA Act 2 to set up this reality...[spoiler]
I think one of the things I really find interesting about this AU is that in both your Ruth timelines she struggles with going light or dark. Interesting character either way. Still on pins and needles to see how this goes!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Estelindis
09.13.2012 , 09:41 AM | #116
I rather liked Draahg as a character, so...
Spoiler

bright_ephemera
09.13.2012 , 10:22 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
I rather liked Draahg as a character, so...
Spoiler
I lurve Draahg as a character. Even apart from any opinion I have on his attractiveness as compared to most Sith Lords.
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Earthmama
09.13.2012 , 11:43 AM | #118
Gender bender Loyalty and Betrayal

An AU where Malavai Quinn was born a woman, how much does gender play a roll in our feelings for our dear Captain. Featuring male SW Anders Ordic.

Chapter 1 SW spoilers.

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
09.13.2012 , 11:54 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post

An AU where Malavai Quinn was born a woman, how much does gender play a roll in our feelings for our dear Captain. Featuring male SW Anders Ordic.

Chapter 1 SW spoilers.

Spoiler
Funny, how rarely you hear about that when it comes to male professionals. And how completely standard it seems for women.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

kalistea
09.13.2012 , 01:14 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post

An AU where Malavai Quinn was born a woman, how much does gender play a roll in our feelings for our dear Captain.
Usually I'm just lurking on that board and enjoying my daily dose of fanfics (and I should really thank all the talented writers in here ), but your alternate reality got me thinking and your theory sure has merits.

Spoiler