Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Slicing Needs a serious Fix @ 400!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Slicing Needs a serious Fix @ 400!!!

Metalmac
08.24.2012 , 03:28 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Please tell me which of your companions has +10 Slicing Crit and which one has +5 Slicing Crit.

Oh wait, you can't because no companions have those numbers.
You really need to use the search function of the computer more often!

http://www.swtor-spy.com/companions/

And I said Yuan had +10 slicing in another post.

Metalmac
08.24.2012 , 03:33 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by ShawnFish View Post
Yea I'm pretty sure MetalMac meant efficiency. All that does is lower the amount it takes to complete missions. On my Sorc one companion has a +2 crit to slicing and hes maxxed out affection. I dont really run slicings mission at all except for the 340 Mission unlocks bought from the GTN, I'm prly gonna drop it for a better money maker.

As it is, slicing is terrible for making any real money. The other gathering skill are far more profitable.
Actually money is not the problem. I am Slicing for mats and in Underworld trading.
Here is another puzzle, why is it that none of my other companions have any + points in Investigation rarely fail?

The randomness of Crew Skills is very undependable, I can handle some randomness but this is kinda crazy.

Imagine you live by gambling, pretty much the same reliability.

Screaming_Ziva
08.25.2012 , 05:32 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmac View Post
You really need to use the search function of the computer more often!

http://www.swtor-spy.com/companions/

And I said Yuan had +10 slicing in another post.
http://www.oldrepublic.net/141-trooper-guide.html

Yuun has +10 efficiency, not +10 critical (I don't have a Trooper but I asked in game and Troopers on fleet said he has +10 efficiency).

You also still didn't answer the part about which companion has +5 critical with your link.

As someone mentioned above, efficiency has zero effect on criticals (maybe YOU should use the search function more often).

Metalmac
08.25.2012 , 05:46 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
http://www.oldrepublic.net/141-trooper-guide.html

Yuun has +10 efficiency, not +10 critical (I don't have a Trooper but I asked in game and Troopers on fleet said he has +10 efficiency).

You also still didn't answer the part about which companion has +5 critical with your link.

As someone mentioned above, efficiency has zero effect on criticals (maybe YOU should use the search function more often).
Efficiency would imply they have a higher chance to succeed, but this does not seem to be the case as stated.

And I am quite sure you did not even click on the link to look.
(Did you notice that your link says +5 Critical for Underworld Trading?)

ShawnFish
08.25.2012 , 06:37 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by ShawnFish View Post
Yea I'm pretty sure MetalMac meant efficiency. All that does is lower the amount it takes to complete missions. On my Sorc one companion has a +2 crit to slicing and hes maxxed out affection. I dont really run slicings mission at all except for the 340 Mission unlocks bought from the GTN, I'm prly gonna drop it for a better money maker.

As it is, slicing is terrible for making any real money. The other gathering skill are far more profitable.
Read it again - efficiency does not equal crit - - it is time to complete missions - - being more "efficient" at it. ie, quicker at getting the job done.
Alkalinex - - 50 Powertech
Rehab'Romance - - 50 Sorc
Rehab-Romance - - 27 Gunslinger
S'olstice - - 28 Operative

Screaming_Ziva
08.25.2012 , 09:55 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmac View Post
Efficiency would imply they have a higher chance to succeed, but this does not seem to be the case as stated.

And I am quite sure you did not even click on the link to look.
(Did you notice that your link says +5 Critical for Underworld Trading?)
So what if it says +5 Critical for UWT? You said you had +5 and +10 Critical for Slicing.

Metalmac
08.25.2012 , 02:58 PM | #37
Look my point is pretty simple:
A. 10K affection seems to have ZERO Results in improving missions or success rate.
B. +10 crit or +10 efficency seems to have ZERO Results in imporving missions or susccess rate.
C. Both +10 and Affections at 10K seems to have ZERO Results in improving missions or success rates.

What is the point of having higher Affection or +10 anything if the improvements are so small as to be next to worthless?

pointvector
08.25.2012 , 05:57 PM | #38
Welcome to the wonderful world of slicing. It has been nerfed six times since the end of beta. It is completely useless now. Slicers had the only ability to get augments, these have since been taken and given to Synthweavers and others. Now, you have a sweet 1% chance to get 3 neural augmentors. Pretty awesome IMO, especially since you need four to make an augment. This inflates the price of augments to absolutely insane prices.

I love how I get the ability to send my guys out like twenty times for three neural augmentors. Totally radical! So I spend 100k on running missions all week to make 75k on the GTN, AMAZING!! You seriously couldn't ask for better!!

So yes, I agree with OP. The mission drop rate should be the same amongst all the missions. What do I need investigation missions for? I have a thousand of them and can't give them away. Slicing sells for 75k.

And yes, I love how I send my guys out on a slicing mission, they are gone for 1.5 hours, and bring back the stupid blue thing that no one wants. I love how they are gone so long and I still lose money. I love paying 1.5k to get a lockbox that has 1k in it. Super sweet!!!

Metalmac
08.25.2012 , 07:10 PM | #39
I have all Crew at 10K affection and C2-N2 with no + crew skills at all does not fail any more often or slower then another crew member. I have 4 50s and from what I can see the failure rate on missions:
Investigation
Slicing
Underworld Trading
Archaeology
All fail at about the same rate.

But these missions:
Scavenging
Biotech
Do not fail at the same rate and the way to test this is send out C2-N2 and look at the success rate and times.
I used C2-N2 with zero Affection and 10K affection to test. No difference at all and other crew came out same.

Another way to say it is Efficiency is almost worthless if you fail more often.
Like having a fast car that is broken, no advantage other then you need gas and repairs more often.

BPAgent
12.14.2012 , 09:47 AM | #40
I don't know what server you guys are on, but on Ebon Hawk, the Advanced Neural Augmentor unit price dropped from $15k/ea to $10k/ea or less in the last 6 to 8 weeks. Seems to be a glut of crit successes on slicing missions. My only suggestion would be to cut back on the Investigation and Diplomacy Mission Discoveries, can hardly give them away for what it cost to do the mission.

With that said, I support my other 3 alts with one toon slicing, so how bad can it be?