Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Slicing Needs a serious Fix @ 400!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Slicing Needs a serious Fix @ 400!!!

Screaming_Ziva
08.23.2012 , 07:06 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
None, but it has items in open-world, it should be treated like any other gathering skill.
Slicing is a little different than the other gathering skills as you can only get lockboxes in open-world. You cannot get augment pieces in the open-world.

Screaming_Ziva
08.23.2012 , 07:07 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmac View Post
I have made out tickets requesting why the 10K affection companions I have with +10 Slicing fail more often then my other companion that did not have 10k Affection and only +5 Slicing?
This is one of the reasons it takes 3 days for important tickets to get answered.

L-RANDLE
08.23.2012 , 07:55 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
You cannot get augment pieces in the open-world.
Which is why I advocate the change. Since lvl 50 purples cost only 2EA of "rare" purple items(like mission skill materials), why shouldn't augments, no?
IDK, poster ConnorSalak said I should compare it to getting these materials to make mods/enh, I would suspect it is not as difficult as the Advanced Nueral.
http://www.torhead.com/item/6dAe0hH/ciridium
http://www.torhead.com/item/dhbEf7y/dallorian-alloy
Can any UT folks out there chime in on this? Speaking from the Diplomacy side my Grade 6 Medical Supplies drops about as frequently, but again, it only cost 2EA for my Implants.

Anyway, I think they might have ninja buffed it...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

ShawnFish
08.23.2012 , 09:08 AM | #24
The slicing purple parts a re a much sought after item, and I dont agree with changing the requirement to 2 or increasing drops on lockboxes. The only thing I would go for is a slight reduction in the time to complete the missions.

I have a 400 Slicer and 400 Armormech on 2 different toons. So if I need those neurals I'll just buy a 340 Mission unlock from the GTN, for around ~70k, complete it, then mail the parts back to my armormech. Also, I've always gotten 4 on the purples unless I crit, then I'll usually get 5, and some legacy drops.

They are supposed to be rare. Those purples are a big part of the economy and one of the ONLY items that are ALWAYS sought after. I think its good for the server for something to be in want.

One more thing, the profit margin is not enough to really sell the purple augments and make a lot of money. Although the market has died down a bit, a big portion of my income comes from selling level 21 and 22 blue augments.
Alkalinex - - 50 Powertech
Rehab'Romance - - 50 Sorc
Rehab-Romance - - 27 Gunslinger
S'olstice - - 28 Operative

Metalmac
08.23.2012 , 02:47 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ShawnFish View Post
The slicing purple parts a re a much sought after item, and I dont agree with changing the requirement to 2 or increasing drops on lockboxes. The only thing I would go for is a slight reduction in the time to complete the missions.

I have a 400 Slicer and 400 Armormech on 2 different toons. So if I need those neurals I'll just buy a 340 Mission unlock from the GTN, for around ~70k, complete it, then mail the parts back to my armormech. Also, I've always gotten 4 on the purples unless I crit, then I'll usually get 5, and some legacy drops.

They are supposed to be rare. Those purples are a big part of the economy and one of the ONLY items that are ALWAYS sought after. I think its good for the server for something to be in want.

One more thing, the profit margin is not enough to really sell the purple augments and make a lot of money. Although the market has died down a bit, a big portion of my income comes from selling level 21 and 22 blue augments.
What server are you on as on?
As on my server that would be a dead market. Augments at level 20 to 30 do not sell for much or very fast as a glut exists for them.

Metalmac
08.23.2012 , 02:50 PM | #26
This is one of the reasons it takes 3 days for important tickets to get answered.
Maybe I should have stated that one companion had 10k Affection and +10 Slicing and the other 0 Affection and +5 slicing yet the +10 failed more often. This is a very valid question as this is over 2 months in time.

Screaming_Ziva
08.24.2012 , 09:20 AM | #27
Maybe I should have stated that one companion had 10k Affection and +10 Slicing and the other 0 Affection and +5 slicing yet the +10 failed more often. This is a very valid question as this is over 2 months in time.
Please tell me which of your companions has +10 Slicing Crit and which one has +5 Slicing Crit.

Oh wait, you can't because no companions have those numbers.

L-RANDLE
08.24.2012 , 03:08 PM | #28
Please tell me which of your companions has +10 Slicing Crit and which one has +5 Slicing Crit.

Maybe he meant +10 v +2? I have these numbers.

Thraron Cedrax(Consular) =+10 Slicing (but not helpful since I am Bio on this toon)
T7-01(Knight)= +2 Slicing(Current Toon)

One is critical and one is efficiency though, right? I know T7 is critical, I think Tharon's is efficiency. That could matter...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

ShawnFish
08.24.2012 , 03:13 PM | #29
What server are you on as on?
As on my server that would be a dead market. Augments at level 20 to 30 do not sell for much or very fast as a glut exists for them.
I guess that didnt come out right. The 22 augments are the level 49 ones. I'm on the Fatman server and the demand has lowered down a little bit but I'll still sell anywhere from 5-15 everyday at 15-25 a pop. The prices always fluctuate so I have to check it every time I put something up on the GTN

ShawnFish
08.24.2012 , 03:16 PM | #30

Yea I'm pretty sure MetalMac meant efficiency. All that does is lower the amount it takes to complete missions. On my Sorc one companion has a +2 crit to slicing and hes maxxed out affection. I dont really run slicings mission at all except for the 340 Mission unlocks bought from the GTN, I'm prly gonna drop it for a better money maker.

As it is, slicing is terrible for making any real money. The other gathering skill are far more profitable.