Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black hole RE implants only 20% not guaranteed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Black hole RE implants only 20% not guaranteed

khsolo
08.20.2012 , 12:18 PM | #1
So i could spend 10 mil or more buying 6 or 7 Black Hole implants and try to RE to get the schematic or loose all the 10 mil if im not lucky

Is that the Bioware way? Really?

Have any idea how long it takes to make 10 mil selling 20 k purple implants, columi implants and exotech stims?

Teh?

MakuBenjami
08.20.2012 , 12:34 PM | #2
If it was guaranteed then everyone would have them.

Also, you are an idiot if you buy (at current 1m+ prices) what you want to re- from the GTN. If you want to re, it be best if you are from your EC farm drop.
Jekk'Jekk Tarr Native and yes, as a Sage, I can Heal to Full!

khsolo
08.20.2012 , 12:39 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MakuBenjami View Post
If it was guaranteed then everyone would have them.

Also, you are an idiot if you buy (at current 1m+ prices) what you want to re- from the GTN. If you want to re, it be best if you are from your EC farm drop.
Exotech stims were a rare drop, now you can buy the schematics for bh comendations, same should be for the implants

nbayer
08.21.2012 , 08:05 AM | #4
The 20% is the only thing that gives a crafted item any value. Why don't you just equip them instead of trying to RE them at all and be done with it? If you want to RE them to sell them then your whole argument doesn't make any sense because they would be worthless.

Hyryu
08.21.2012 , 12:51 PM | #5
The mats to make them are crazy priced anyway. Not sure what point there is in RE'ing the gear for schematics.
Shadow Lands (MT OG!)
- Hiryu (50 Focus/Vig Guardian)
- Valtari (47 Watchman Sent)
- Valiz (23 Sage)

Tearsscream
08.21.2012 , 02:29 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by khsolo View Post
So i could spend 10 mil or more buying 6 or 7 Black Hole implants and try to RE to get the schematic or loose all the 10 mil if im not lucky

Have any idea how long it takes to make 10 mil selling 20 k purple implants, columi implants and exotech stims?

Teh?
10m? Are you buying ~player crafted~ BH implants to RE?!
Want to try the game or are a returning player?
Click here to receive an exclusive item or extra time for returning players.

Khevar
08.21.2012 , 06:29 PM | #7
If it is possible to RE black hole implants bought at the vendor (never tried so I'm not sure), you could get 131 black hole comms in one week and buy 3-4 of them for crafting purposes.

STARWOLFSWE
08.22.2012 , 02:52 AM | #8
You cant RE already crafted implants that are sold in GTN, only the once that drops or the once you buy for 35 BH comms. And why would ppl Buy a Implant for millions when they can do a HM FP every day for a week, get 35 BH comms and get it for free.

Elyssandra
08.22.2012 , 04:45 PM | #9
^ What people said :P
I am not certain but I don't believe you can RE player crafted items. You definitely can RE BH implants bought from the vendor.

I have a BH implant schematic - I was lucky because I had it really early and managed to sell a crafted one at 1.5 mill. However you need 6 level 8 crafting mats - the cost of which can range from 750K to 1.2 mill depending on GTN prices. Also since they only cost 35 BH comms and since the introduction of the group finder a player could quite easily get enough comms to buy the implants themselves - you are unlikely to be able to sell the crafted BH implant for a reasonable price - especially if you have to buy the mats.
It may make sense if you farm space missions as the lvl 8 crafting mats drop from those mat boxes. It may also make sense if you get the mats out of EC. However, in my guild we put all the mats in the guild bank for use only for crafting for guildmates/ ourselves and not for sale.

AshlaBoga
08.23.2012 , 03:57 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by khsolo View Post

Teh?
I really hope you weren't stupid enough to buy them off the GTN. The only ones that you can RE at this time are BoP. So if you bought them off the GTN you have a 0% chance of REing them - and yes, this is intended, not a bug.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!