Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are there any plans for More Sith Corruption?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Are there any plans for More Sith Corruption?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Echriado
08.21.2012 , 10:55 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Valkirus View Post
Sith corruption options? I can see if you want the best power from your ( Dark side spells. skills ) Dark side points effecting them, but the looks associated from the choice of choosing the Dark side, should not even be a option. You should have to live with your choices in the game even in matters pertaining to the Dark side effects. After all we do have to play with the choices we make on the advance class pick.

Light side choices should impact the effectiveness with spells, skills associated with the Light side. And you cannot have "corruption" from Light side choices. That goes against the whole concept of what the Light side choice has to offer. How did Obi'wan ever become corrupted from his Light side choices? Instead he became more powerful and understanding of the Force and the dangers associated with the Dark side.
Okay, then have EVERY single title you've accumulated in game to be on your player bar. I'd sure love to be running around with that.

ZionHalcyon
08.21.2012 , 11:00 AM | #22
Honestly, I'd just like to have sith corruption as a slider - for instance, I want a toon with the sith eyes, but not the facial distortion.

ZionHalcyon
08.21.2012 , 11:01 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Echriado View Post
Okay, then have EVERY single title you've accumulated in game to be on your player bar. I'd sure love to be running around with that.
I think titles should allow you 1 prefix and 1 suffix. I dont want to choose between being Darth X and X the Merciless. I want to be Darth X the Merciless.

CompetitorX
08.21.2012 , 11:01 AM | #24
Why does light side effects have to have pale white skin with blue eyes? I would like to see a golden skin with bright glowing eyes of a single color. The glowing eyes would be bright enough that they would look like glowing orbs, so we could only see the bright glow and no eye details. The eye color wouldn't matter to me because I would like the glowing effect.

Valkirus
08.21.2012 , 11:06 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
This isn't the movies and nothing in them would contradict physical effects from Light Side use.
You do know without the movies, there would be no TOR? And of course so much of TOR is a reflection of what the movies was about. Different time line, but still the same old issues dealing with the Dark side and Light side of the Force. Tell me one scene in the movies which showed Light side effects on the char apart from them being dead?
Trust is something which is earned.

kidatwood
08.21.2012 , 11:07 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Yea. lol! Like Fable. Of course it wouldn't work unless Jesus was in fact really a Jedi.
super Satan halo even better!

Valkirus
08.21.2012 , 11:17 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Echriado View Post
I would have no problem with a char having the last title they got...and also...titles are usually given by those who are associated with that person and when they are around them. If you met the president of a country out in the wilds and a normal town and he was not surrounded with guards and you had no clue who he was...would you still address him as "Mr. President"?
On the golf course , around those I played with and knew me, I was refered to as "Tone". It is not my name and noone outside the golf club I belonged to used it. It was a title they used on me for thier own reasons. I never have cared about titles in games anyway and in them usually have them all shut off.
Trust is something which is earned.

naNuke
08.21.2012 , 11:23 AM | #28
light side corrution transforms characters to yoda like creatures!

Malastare
08.21.2012 , 11:37 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Valkirus View Post
You do know without the movies, there would be no TOR?
So what?

SWTOR is a game set in the EU, and it should conform to the EU, not to the set of restricted, simplified elements used in the movies.

Pointing out that the movies were the source of the EU is about as useful (ie: not at all useful) as pointing out that Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress was the inspiration for the movies.

[NOTE: For the uninitiated: EU = Extended Universe, not European Union]

Urael
08.21.2012 , 11:41 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by naNuke View Post
light side corrution transforms characters to yoda like creatures!
Nah.

LS should be all sparkly with rainbows floating over their heads ( you know enhanced for targeting by mah sniper ).