Deception hybrid help

LadyDarkkitten

Hi, Ive been reading the forums about hybrids. I understand that I will be more effective playing a tankasin then a decepsin even with my prefered playstyle (hiding and picking off weak people). Im way to squishy to actually have a fair fight with anyone and if my victm gets help I have to force cloak and go find someone else.

(not relevant perhaps but for infomational purposes I consider my best scoreboard so far 12 kill 11 killblows 4 solo kills with no deaths, I think thats how we are meant to be played ala dev comments and how I play).

Im trying to make a fuctional hybrid spec that would suit my play style that includes both points in fade. Im worried that a madness spec doesnt have the burst I need with death field to kill someone quickly wheras without wither can I do enough damage in darkness? I've seen threads talking about 23,x,x and 21,x,x etc but they dont seem to list fade in there and to be its a crucial abitltiy. Im sure I can figure something out, but any advice given would be really apprecited thanks.

Well 93 views, but no replies. Ive been doing some more work and came up with this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200McMskrskzZhGrok0M.2

Surging charge was taken solely to get fade, would be running in dark charge. Seems functional and have everything I need, but any comments would be appreciated. Im not sure for example about the 2 talent points in recirculation, but I do discharge alot and mauls are hard to set up and very expensive outside the opener.

Hmm.. i really think you ought to play 23 1 17 and see how you like it. you'll honestly do way more damage and have alot more utility. There's been a similar spec to yours floating around and has been essentially proven to be no good

Hi, Ive been reading the forums about hybrids. I understand that I will be more effective playing a tankasin then a decepsin even with my prefered playstyle (hiding and picking off weak people). Im way to squishy to actually have a fair fight with anyone and if my victm gets help I have to force cloak and go find someone else.

(not relevant perhaps but for infomational purposes I consider my best scoreboard so far 12 kill 11 killblows 4 solo kills with no deaths, I think thats how we are meant to be played ala dev comments and how I play).

Im trying to make a fuctional hybrid spec that would suit my play style that includes both points in fade. Im worried that a madness spec doesnt have the burst I need with death field to kill someone quickly wheras without wither can I do enough damage in darkness? I've seen threads talking about 23,x,x and 21,x,x etc but they dont seem to list fade in there and to be its a crucial abitltiy. Im sure I can figure something out, but any advice given would be really apprecited thanks.

Tough to give accurate advice here because there are other builds (hybrid and pure) that have been posted here that run similar to what you desire. I believe you need to do some experimenting on your own. Try out as many builds as possible and see for yourself what fits the style you're aiming for. Come back to the forums and give us feedback. Let us know what you've discovered and we, in return, will give you our feedback on your discoveries.

The problem with running a Deception hybrid lies in pretty much one thing that you said and one other thing.

First off, you said that you only took Surging Charge to get something else. Well, that right there pretty much kills the point of a hybrid if you're dumping points to get something else. That isn't a problem with you, particularly, as it is that the Deception tree itself simply doesn't lend to creating an adequate hybrid where you would WANT to actually use Surging Charge. Ultimately, what it looks like you're wanting to play is a stealthy tanky Assassin.

Secondly, the unfortunate impact of your design is that you've got no syngergy between Darkness and Deception. While you're party melee and partly force, a great deal of your damage comes from Shocks. Energize is a great talent to support your Shocks but then you don't continue to reinforce that aspect of your game through Chain Shock. Furthermore, Energize gives you a guaranteed crit when you use Shock but you don't have Exploitive Strikes which means that you'll have less melee crit than you should/could have.

It is really horrible in my mind when you can't meld a tree with the other two because there isn't any sort of give and take. Decept just straight up sucks if you try to combine it with something else. And Energize would be a great talent for all three trees but it is limited to Dark Charge only. Boggles the mind.