Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KP Hardmode ...?

jeniyagyu
08.17.2012 , 11:05 PM | #1
My guild and I ran EV HM last weekend and cleared it in 45 minutes. Tonight, we tried KP HM, and hit enrage timers across the board. Most of the group is Rakata/BH (We were gearing a few new raiders, but they had Columi/Rakata/BH mix atleast). Is anyone else having a bit of an issue? It seems that the bosses enrage very quickly.

I was thinking to post about it because maybe the mode is bugged? Maybe everyone that has had a problem blames it on the DPS and forgets about it? That is what we were thinking, but after awhile I got to thinking that maybe it got bugged somehow and no one is really thinking about a bug, they are thinking lack of DPS.

I'm not saying it CAN'T be our group, I'm saying that with our gear and DPS output on EV, we shouldn't be hitting enraged timers so quickly :/

Thanks
55 Shadow - 55 Sage - 55 Gunslinger
55 Assassin - 55 Sorcerer - 55 Operative - 55 Juggernaut
~Just wants to raid and have fun. Seriously, Guild Politics make me want to /wrists.~

Karasuko
08.17.2012 , 11:14 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by jeniyagyu View Post
My guild and I ran EV HM last weekend and cleared it in 45 minutes. Tonight, we tried KP HM, and hit enrage timers across the board. Most of the group is Rakata/BH (We were gearing a few new raiders, but they had Columi/Rakata/BH mix atleast). Is anyone else having a bit of an issue? It seems that the bosses enrage very quickly.

I was thinking to post about it because maybe the mode is bugged? Maybe everyone that has had a problem blames it on the DPS and forgets about it? That is what we were thinking, but after awhile I got to thinking that maybe it got bugged somehow and no one is really thinking about a bug, they are thinking lack of DPS.

I'm not saying it CAN'T be our group, I'm saying that with our gear and DPS output on EV, we shouldn't be hitting enraged timers so quickly :/

Thanks
EV hardmode isn't. KP normal is probably "harder" to be honest.Gear is irellevant if its badly itemised or is on players that have no clue.Alacrity on smuggler healers, endurance on dps, extra accuracy on dps are all dps/throughput losses.

The enrage timers are about the same between the 2 instances but the HP pools of the bosses are generally alittle bigger

It's not bugged it is a dps issue or a healing issue if dps are dying making you hit enrage.
It's a pain but the only fight where 2 tanks is needed is J & S and a vigi guardian in soresu can fufill your tanking needs and painlessly swap back to dps.

jeniyagyu
08.17.2012 , 11:25 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
EV hardmode isn't. KP normal is probably "harder" to be honest.Gear is irellevant if its badly itemised or is on players that have no clue.Alacrity on smuggler healers, endurance on dps, extra accuracy on dps are all dps/throughput losses.

The enrage timers are about the same between the 2 instances but the HP pools of the bosses are generally alittle bigger

It's not bugged it is a dps issue or a healing issue if dps are dying making you hit enrage.
It's a pain but the only fight where 2 tanks is needed is J & S and a vigi guardian in soresu can fufill your tanking needs and painlessly swap back to dps.
Makes sense! Thanks for the advice, I'll see if I can't get the raid leader to check all of those on our DPS and see if they need to adjust some of their mods. I figured it was DPS but just wanted to be sure before people are told to move mods around or buy different ones. I'll also see about learning what rotations they are using to ensure max dps output.

Thanks again :3
~Just wants to raid and have fun. Seriously, Guild Politics make me want to /wrists.~

Karasuko
08.17.2012 , 11:42 PM | #4
How far did you get before you called it quits?

jeniyagyu
08.17.2012 , 11:57 PM | #5
How far did you get before you called it quits?
We finally cleared it, a few of our raiders had to go to sleep but a few from our first ops group were on and not on lock out from KP HM so they joined us. The most wipes were on the last boss, which was the problem, but we finally got through it which makes sense about the DPS issue since we did swap out players at that time.

We had (at first) 2 shadow tanks (One changed to DPS gear), 2 Sage healers, 2 Sent DPS, 1 Sage DPS, and one Vanguard DPS. (We usually run Commando DPS instead of Vanguard but our commando was out).

Karasuko
08.18.2012 , 12:03 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by jeniyagyu View Post
We finally cleared it, a few of our raiders had to go to sleep but a few from our first ops group were on and not on lock out from KP HM so they joined us. The most wipes were on the last boss, which was the problem, but we finally got through it which makes sense about the DPS issue since we did swap out players at that time.

We had (at first) 2 shadow tanks (One changed to DPS gear), 2 Sage healers, 2 Sent DPS, 1 Sage DPS, and one Vanguard DPS. (We usually run Commando DPS instead of Vanguard but our commando was out).
Your group make up looks fine and grats on getting it cleared. Honestly it might have been a lack of comfort zone issue and maybe some strat issues?

Both these things should disapeer over the next few clears.

jeniyagyu
08.18.2012 , 12:14 AM | #7
Your group make up looks fine and grats on getting it cleared. Honestly it might have been a lack of comfort zone issue and maybe some strat issues?

Both these things should disapeer over the next few clears.
Comfort Zone issue makes sense too, I know that the at least three of us are new to the guild (I'm not new to raiding, but new to tanking, I was heals before transfers, lol). I'll keep in mind about the dps stats and suggest a look over next time we are all together.

Appreciate you giving the advice :3

ArchangelLBC
08.19.2012 , 01:17 AM | #8
Throughput can be an issue on some of those fights with a heavy melee setup just because of all the moving you have to do (I'm thinking specifically Bonethrasher and Karagga since melee positioning is very important in those two fights, and that positioning is always in a state of semi flux), and as mentioned, with those DPS and that gear level I would bet it's almost entirely a comfort level kinda thing since you'll lose a lot of DPS not knowing where to move and when (both fights I mentioned favor ranged a bit here since putting ranged in the proper place means they don't really move very much and can maintain very high uptime).

All of that will be settled with practice though and then you'll be like "man why did we ever have trouble?"

Having new raiders and getting them used to all working together will also do wonders for performance in pretty much any operation.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

ManiacalShen
08.20.2012 , 07:30 AM | #9
Our guild was having a bizarrely difficult time with KP HM this past weekend. There were a few new people, and our dps was weirdly low, but it was more than that. I feel like they tweaked it.

Going to have to get some parsers going, make sure everyone's pulling their weight. Which I feel a little crappy for doing, but if we wipe at Foreman Crusher... I mean, come on. :-\ That has literally never happened to me before this past weekend.

mikebevo
08.20.2012 , 10:57 AM | #10
Normally play as a healer. So I have done KP hard mode many times, with many different groups. If DPS is low and you are hitting enrage, check the groups augments. I'm betting at least some DPS is not fully augmented. Been on many 1 hour or less HM KP runs, but never been on one where the DPS was not fully augmented since 1.3. Even if they can't make/afford the purple augments, the blues will make a world of difference. However, since they removed the stacking debuffs, augments are a must for smooth run on anything above HM EV.

Personally I highly recommend augments for healers and tanks too, but for DPS they make a huge difference.

Note on Bonethrasher: You most likely know this, but like I said I have done this fight over and over and have only seen people do this the last 3 times I have done the fight. Have the tank, tank Bonethrasher right at the gate where the adds come out. This way the tank can taunt the adds under Bonethrasher and the group can AOE down the adds while still DPSing Bonethrasher. I have done it this way now both as DPS and Healing and it seems way easier and faster with no enrage issues. Less moving for mDPS too.