Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Will Not Load

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GeneralBGreaves
08.17.2012 , 08:10 PM | #1
HI,
I'm having trouble with loading one of my characters. One of them ,my Sith Warrior, will load about half way through the loading bar than freeze. However I am not having this issue with any of my other characters. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sutii
08.17.2012 , 09:15 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello GeneralBGreaves,

You should try using the 'Repair' utility on the launcher. To do this please click on the button located in the bottom left hand corner of the launcher window after you have logged into it, but before you click 'Play'. This will open a settings menu where you will be able to find and click on the 'Repair' button.

Please let the repair function do its work. Although a message may imply that it downloads a considerable amount of data, this is not accurate as it will only download a small proportion of it in order to repair your existing files.

Let us know here if this resolves your issue.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Laiham
08.17.2012 , 10:34 PM | #3
you can also try renaming the swtor folder in C: -> users -> username -> appdata -> local
plus deleting the DiskCacheArena file inside the swtor folder where the game is installed might help too.

guessing those files and folders have some stuff related to individual toons or something, but it helped with me

Sutii
08.17.2012 , 10:37 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello again,

That is sound advice Laiham, but please do be aware that the contents of the appdata folder for SWTOR do contain your game settings including Interface layouts and so we would only advise removing that as a last resort due to the inconvenience doing so may cause.

Doing such, should not however, be harmful to your game installation.

If you need any further assistance please let us know.

Thanks.

GeneralBGreaves
08.18.2012 , 01:54 AM | #5
I used the Repair function and the game loaded this time for my Juggernaut. However after about 1-2 seconds the game froze and I was forced to reset my PC. What should I do now?

Sutii
08.18.2012 , 10:45 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello again GeneralBGreaves,

Please can you try deleting your DiskCacheArena file as suggested by Laiham. In a default installation this can be found in the following locations:
  • 32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
  • 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor

Please check if the issue persists after removing this file.

Thanks.

GeneralBGreaves
08.19.2012 , 12:24 PM | #7
Yes, I deleted the file and am still having problems

Sutii
08.19.2012 , 04:02 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello again GeneralBGreaves,

I've looked into this further and note that you have recently had a ticket resolved on this matter. As per the response in that ticket, I would advise that you resend a new ticket by email to support@swtor.com with your Launcher Diag attached as I do not believe we will resolve this issue via the Forums. The Launcher Diag essentially simplifies the process of submitting your DXDiag Report and MSINFO, instructions on how to obtain this can be found in the spoiler below:

Launcher Diag
Spoiler
Apologies that we were not able to resolve the issue here, if there is anything else we can do for you please let us know.

Thanks.

GeneralBGreaves
08.19.2012 , 09:37 PM | #9
I just emailed you the file. Subject: GeneralBGreaves Launcher Diagnostic. From ___________
Please let me know if you receive this and if that is the correct file. Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Sutii
08.19.2012 , 09:51 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello GeneralBGreaves,

I would recommend, for your own safety, that you remove your email address from the previous post as this is a public Forum. Please also ensure that the email is sent from the same email account registered to your SWTOR account. I've checked our system and can see an issue was encountered with the email you sent, could you please ensure that you include a description of the problem encountered, referencing the previous ticket if possible.

Thanks.