Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag associated with casting

afreseman
12.19.2011 , 09:48 AM | #1
I've noticed on Deliverance and other longer casts that the heal won't actually happen until after the animation is finished.

So really, you're casing a 2.5 sec cast. Once that 2.5 seconds is done, you'll do your wavy-arm-motion-thing and after that point, the heal goes off. It makes for some difficult timing when healing a group in a flashpoint or even in pvp.

I would like for it to heal as soon as the 2.5 seconds is done. That way I can better plan on my heals if I'm getting low on force.

Anyone else notice the same problem?

harry_manback
12.19.2011 , 09:54 AM | #2
I waste Disturbance all the time by moving too soon. Yeah, the cast timer is done, but the animation has to finish for damage to occur. I've learned to live with it, but it sure is annoying.
"Concentration, focus, long-term thinking--those are the qualities that separate a warrior from a mere flailing fighter."
-Grand Admiral Thrawn

Khadroth
12.19.2011 , 10:18 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by afreseman View Post
I've noticed on Deliverance and other longer casts that the heal won't actually happen until after the animation is finished.

So really, you're casing a 2.5 sec cast. Once that 2.5 seconds is done, you'll do your wavy-arm-motion-thing and after that point, the heal goes off. It makes for some difficult timing when healing a group in a flashpoint or even in pvp.

I would like for it to heal as soon as the 2.5 seconds is done. That way I can better plan on my heals if I'm getting low on force.

Anyone else notice the same problem?
I'm not sure if it's server lag or what, but I've noticed several of my casts getting "eaten" by the server lately. I'm not just talking about the animation not going off (like sometimes happens with TKwave/Turbulence), I'm talking the cast flat out does not occur when trying to chain things together.

For example: I'll cast deliverance, followed by a disturbance. The heal flat out won't occur.

Similarly in periods of chain disturbance spam, some of them do not cast. It's quite frustrating and has caused me to die in several situations where I needed that clutch heal or was trying to outburn a target.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

Arctorius
12.19.2011 , 11:36 AM | #4
I've been experiencing the same issue. Needs to be fixed.
My 2 cents

leeooo
12.25.2011 , 11:13 AM | #5
I get similar bugs. Another bug I've experienced is that when I cast either disturbance or telekinetic wave and follow either cast up immediately with an instant cast (project, force armor, etc), the animation for the former cast (disturbance/telekinetic wave) is not shown.

The only way to make it show is to time it so that I cast the instant ability AFTER the animation for the former cast has gone off.

I realize this is technically an aesthetic bug since the damage is still being done, but it really throws my rhythm off when I'm expecting to see a cast but don't. I'm sure others have posted about this bug before; I really doubt I'm the only one this bothers.

sollinton
12.25.2011 , 04:19 PM | #6
I get this problem a lot while healing. I'll try to chain-cast Deliverance and subsequent casts will sometimes take .5-1.0s to start casting.

This is nothing gamebreaking but it certainly is something that deserves to be looked into.

EwokLuvr
12.26.2011 , 07:52 PM | #7
There are many threads on this issue in the other forums. It seems to be the way that they programmed the game >.>
This needed confirmation: I can assure you that the in-game support feature is not fake.
Ticket #1648696 12/26, finally answered on 1/13. There is hope!
"The guild Roster is less useful than a screenshot of a guild Roster."

gwyneira
12.27.2011 , 06:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EwokLuvr View Post
There are many threads on this issue in the other forums. It seems to be the way that they programmed the game >.>
I'm glad I found this thread. I've been experiencing the same kinds of things and I thought it was just me.