Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Larger WZs?

KaiLan
08.17.2012 , 02:55 PM | #1
I enjoy the PvPing (even the horrible matches) in the WZs but I have a question. Is there a reason why the teams/maps are so small? Has there been discussions about larger maps and teams simular to an Alterac Valley? Is this a limitation to the game engine or is Bioware simply not interested?
Jedi Consular / Jedi Knight

Jenzali
08.17.2012 , 03:04 PM | #2
I'm guessing it's because speeders aren't allowed in WZs, while mounts are allowed in WoW battlegrounds. Alterac Valley doesn't count because it's essentially a PvE map (you almost never fight other players) that incidentally allows you to get PvP rewards.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Daiyukie
08.17.2012 , 03:15 PM | #3
Meh. Larger Warzones as a Scrapper would suck unless you give me a sprint.
"Everyone not as good as me is a Noob. Everyone better than me is a No Lifer" - The Code of the Bads
Quote: Originally Posted by gwrtheyn
atm Concealment Operative are like a dog humping on your leg,anoying,but not lethal
Quote: Originally Posted by jaxxxster
Solution : Nerf Operatives. Again.

KaiLan
08.17.2012 , 03:31 PM | #4
Was just a thought. I stil mis Vanilla WoW's Alterac Valley where matches went on for hours with insane kill counts and damage meeters. Sadly we (gamers in general) are so in love with getting gear as quickly as possoble... our attention spans can't handle matches longer than 5 minutes.

1-2 hour battles for territory... bragging rights and demolishing the opposing faction (on your server) is a thing of the past.

*sigh*
Jedi Consular / Jedi Knight

Brool
08.17.2012 , 04:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KaiLan View Post
Was just a thought. I stil mis Vanilla WoW's Alterac Valley where matches went on for hours with insane kill counts and damage meeters. Sadly we (gamers in general) are so in love with getting gear as quickly as possoble... our attention spans can't handle matches longer than 5 minutes.

1-2 hour battles for territory... bragging rights and demolishing the opposing faction (on your server) is a thing of the past.

*sigh*
The smaller warzones might be because not every class has a sprint or gap closer.

That being said, I wouldnt want to play in a 1-2 warzone. That would be what open world pvp is about.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.