Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Powertech Energy Shield always on 24/7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Powertech Energy Shield always on 24/7

Asphen
08.17.2012 , 01:21 PM | #1
For the developers, so they know everything wrong with the class balance. I can't remember ever attacking a Powertech anymore without them ALWAYS having Energy Shield up.

The talkent that reduces the cooldown on Energy Shield for Powerteches is too strong.

inb4 noobs say 'Energy Shield is worthless'.
Biochem - w/ grenades.

Magnus-EN
08.17.2012 , 01:26 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Asphen View Post
For the developers, so they know everything wrong with the class balance. I can't remember ever attacking a Powertech anymore without them ALWAYS having Energy Shield up.

The talkent that reduces the cooldown on Energy Shield for Powerteches is too strong.

inb4 noobs say 'Energy Shield is worthless'.
25 % Damage Reduction for 12 seconds, much worse than any other melee class like Marauders and Assassins, regardless of spec.

Azareal
08.17.2012 , 01:29 PM | #3
25% less damage on at pretty much all times is still awesome. You say 12 secs but if it is on almost all the time then the duration don't matter anymore does it.

TheronFett
08.17.2012 , 01:37 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Asphen View Post
...ALWAYS having Energy Shield up.
25% reduction for 12 seconds, on a 2 min CD (unless talented). Hardly ALWAYS up.

More needless Powertech QQ.

Daiyukie
08.17.2012 , 01:39 PM | #5
Energy Rebounder
"Everyone not as good as me is a Noob. Everyone better than me is a No Lifer" - The Code of the Bads
Quote: Originally Posted by gwrtheyn
atm Concealment Operative are like a dog humping on your leg,anoying,but not lethal
Quote: Originally Posted by jaxxxster
Solution : Nerf Operatives. Again.

Pistols
08.17.2012 , 01:39 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Azareal View Post
25% less damage on at pretty much all times is still awesome. You say 12 secs but if it is on almost all the time then the duration don't matter anymore does it.
Almost all the time eh?

Lol

CharterMonkKent
08.17.2012 , 01:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Azareal View Post
I don't understand what you are saying. It's mathematically 10% of the time. The cool down can be shortened if spec'd, but not to something close to all the time.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Fdzzaigl
08.17.2012 , 01:40 PM | #8
It is at least a minute down after use (with the "Reflexive Shield" talent), and that's with people bashing non-stop on the VG for a full minute.

Provide some hard data before you make bold statements.

ZombieMeerkat
08.17.2012 , 01:41 PM | #9
Why a powertech? Don't Vanguards do the same thing? It's always powertechs. Is it just that there's that many more imperials than republic or just that many more republic on the forums?

This has puzzled me for a while now.

Pistols
08.17.2012 , 01:50 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ZombieMeerkat View Post
Why a powertech? Don't Vanguards do the same thing? It's always powertechs. Is it just that there's that many more imperials than republic or just that many more republic on the forums?

This has puzzled me for a while now.
Many threads and posts get me puzzled around these parts, but this thread is beyond kitty kicking to me.

OP obviously has no clue about the Shield ability.