Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Jedi Voices are killing me!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The Jedi Voices are killing me!

Ruction
08.17.2012 , 12:01 PM | #1
Maybe it's just me, but the Jedi voice acting is the only think keeping me from playing the characters.

Anyone else having this problem?
The Pariah Legacy
Egypt - Imperial Sniper - The Bastion
I am the punishment of God. Had you not commited great sins, God would not have sent a Punishment like me upon you.

Aaoogaa
08.17.2012 , 12:07 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruction View Post
Maybe it's just me, but the Jedi voice acting is the only think keeping me from playing the characters.

Anyone else having this problem?
I just made characters that "fit" the voices. The sith side voices seem to be more flexible with the looks of the character.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

chuixupu
08.17.2012 , 01:01 PM | #3
The Consular's voice was so not fitting to my character's appearance that it was funny and I had a hard time taking him seriously.. I got used to it eventually, though.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

NoTomorrow
08.18.2012 , 09:05 AM | #4
Its a punishment for ppl that decided to play for republic scum.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Anysao
08.18.2012 , 09:11 AM | #5
Jus the male Consulor, really. I got a young-looking Jedi knight, so that works for me.

No offense to the voice artists.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

z-monty
08.19.2012 , 10:16 AM | #6
Give the Knight a shot. I never had a problem with the male's voice and the story is very well worth your time.

The male Consular, on the other hand, has given me some trouble. I find that if you make an older looking character, maybe with a grayed beard or hair, the voice seems to fit a bit more for that look. That's just me though.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
No, I'm not a big fan of the Queen or Royal Family, but yes, I do love tea.
Well played CS... well played

Huggsnotdruggs
08.19.2012 , 10:54 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Its a punishment for ppl that decided to play for republic scum.
this ^

Quote: Originally Posted by X-Funk View Post
Things change, deal with it.
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
Yeah bro, cuz objectives are for suckers. Wizards vs barbarians is where it's at
Quote: Originally Posted by iiell View Post
I suggest they make a new forum called, "The QQ Forum"

Noobishlord
08.19.2012 , 02:57 PM | #8
I find the male Consular's voice works nicely with a Type-4 Body as well. Don't ask why, the fat man seems to fit the voice. And like others say, the male Knight voice seems to fit a younger looking character.

It's true, they have nothing on the Sith voices, but, I mean, c'mon, you can't beat evil British voices.
Swooping is bad... unless you are the swooper.

Technohic
08.20.2012 , 06:28 AM | #9
My Sages voice is terribad!

I wound up going with one of the blind races so it looks like he has shades on so I picture him as being Neo in the Matrix with that combination. But yet he is balding and gray. He must have been discovered at WAY too old of an age.

Twickers
08.20.2012 , 03:32 PM | #10
Well it doesn't help that honestly the male consular is pretty terrible sounding, the female consular is a little bit better but that's my own opinion.

As for the knight, David Hayter does a pretty good job with the male knights voice and is personally to me better then the female knight, although she isn't bad either.

Of course part of it is also that the voices just don't match some races, like for me, Zabrak just don't match a knight of either gender at ALL and miralukan are a bit...eh on some classes too.