Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If SWTOR were to add another Advanced Class...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
If SWTOR were to add another Advanced Class...

Pistols
08.17.2012 , 11:57 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
I don't see them adding anymore 'New' clases. I see them adding more advaced classes though.
Yeah that would make more sense, I will chaneg the topic to reflect that. Thanks.

paul_preib
08.17.2012 , 12:04 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Meaning a 5th class...what would you like to see, including the 2 advanced classes for it?

I'm bored at work...
First thing to look for would be where gaps are stylistically.

A pure support class (i.e. focused on buffs/debuffs/CC/etc.) sadly would not be possible because with only 4 people in a flashpoint it would be restrictive upon the group's damage output.

So what else is a bit... different? Well the trinity is covered with 3 possible healers, 3 possible tanks, and 18 possible dps specs (assuming you separate the shared ones). So dps is very well represented while the 'role' specs are comparatively under-represented.

This leads me to feeling like the best approach to new classes would stem from branching the class in such a way that one AC has two healing specs and one AC has two tanking specs, with the shared tree being the sole damage-dealing one, allowing a group-centric healing tree and a single-target focused healing tree to allow the player to tweak the role based upon need or just preferred playstyle. The tanking trees could go two routes-- a mitigation-based tanking tree and an avoidance-based tree, or make one be the 'defensive' tank that is mitigation focused while the other being the 'threat" tank that has better damage output and threat modifiers for group tanking.

Expanding upon that I would say perhaps make it a non saber melee user (as the only weaponset in game but not really player-represented unless you count Jedi with vibroswords). The downside to this would be that healing in the game would be very tech-centric (3:1), but the flip side is that it would balance out tanking (2 tech, 2 force).

Making classes that are role-focused allows for more versatility in the abilities they get to perform within those roles, not necessarily increasing output (since you don't want to render existing healers/tanks irrelevant) but simply adding more versatility to cater the playstyle to your own personal preference/manner.
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

CharterMonkKent
08.17.2012 , 12:07 PM | #23
Agent/Smuggler - Trapper. Someone who sets traps/mines (for CCs/Damage/Protection/Heals and maybe even springboards....) I would love to play this
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Pistols
08.17.2012 , 12:08 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Of course.... and there's a trap set up when you start to cap the node. 2 giant logs tied to vines smash you into a puree.
And then hug their corpses like this!

paul_preib
08.17.2012 , 12:10 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
Agent/Smuggler - Trapper. Someone who sets traps/mines (for CCs/Damage/Protection/Heals and maybe even springboards....) I would love to play this
Kinda puts me vaguely in mind of engineering snipers with their use of probes, grenades, etc.
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

UGLYMRJ
08.17.2012 , 12:12 PM | #26
And then hug their corpses like this!
THAT.... was pretty damn creepy.

CharterMonkKent
08.17.2012 , 12:12 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by paul_preib View Post
Kinda puts me vaguely in mind of engineering snipers with their use of probes, grenades, etc.
I play an engineer sniper. what i have in mind is very different, not a sniper or an agent
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Lastot
08.17.2012 , 12:35 PM | #28
I would like to see a royal guard type class always really liked the red armor. As far as powers not sure some sort of blade master type class with buffs/debuffs would be great imo.
No one will ever hit you harder than life. It doesn't matter how you hit back but how much you move forward, while you suffer through.

Shadow-o-matic
08.17.2012 , 02:22 PM | #29
Id say a class like imperial trooper/Republic spy

SIKLOS REIGNS SUPREME!

TheronFett
08.17.2012 , 02:35 PM | #30
I miss Squad Leader. Be nice to see something like this, that can give a group added buffs for short durations, that could prevent roots, snare breaks, CC immunities, bit of a burst run, damage reduction, etc, etc. Something like that.
Exactly what I was going to post.

What this game really needs is something similar to the Officer profession in SWG. One that provides group buffs, can cleanse DoTs, and is generally a battlefield commander who's sole purpose is to offer group support.