Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Upgrade To PvP Will Attract New Players

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Upgrade To PvP Will Attract New Players

Nagul
08.17.2012 , 10:25 AM | #1
I recommend the PvP Developers do the following four solutions for long term improvements in the game. Which will attract new PvP players and bring back older players who have moved on to other things.

First...The guild program must be improved to include guild alliances and guild money (which would be used for maintenance of structures and guild ships. Then guild money would be earned through either taxes on player earnings...player deposits or completing PvP/PvE objectives.

Second... Guild structures (Bases...Forts...Outposts... BattleCruisers...Fighters...Breaching Pods used against other enemy guild ships) must be designed with different layouts to compliment differing defensive play styles and lower to higher level guilds. Say 10 of each type ... ideally these could be custom configured using a design GUI by the players / guilds.

The building structures would be auto assembled on PvP worlds and act as defensive rally points during open world PvP combat. Upgrades for these structures ... (assassin droids...traps...pits... decor... alarms) could be added by the guild for a cost of guild money. These structures would be damaged in PvP fights which would need to be repaired or replaced.

Third... Objectives in Open World PvP zones must be designed to benefit both the guild/alliance and perhaps the entire realm (Empire vs Republic). This could be temporary exp / credit bonus for the realm... access to other PvP/PvE flash points or planets only available on capture of majority of objective points. The underdog teams could get temp damage bonus say 10% while in the PvP Open World area with faster travel to the war front.

Finally... Ship combat must be designed in a Flashpoint style where 6 to 9 guilds could que up and fight each other. Alliances could form teams of 3 for these events with both fighter style spaceship combat and boarding actions with breaching pods onto enemy ships. (Boarding Enemy ships you destroy the engine room while fighting other players and getting past the ships defenses. Last ship or alliance standing wins !!!

Hell's Elite Legion
A mature and experienced PvP and PvE focused guild.
Guild SiteGuild Page

cycao
08.17.2012 , 10:26 AM | #2
Sounds like SWG with a little bit of EVE mixed in.

Kawiki
08.17.2012 , 11:40 AM | #3
Sounds interesting but right now I'd settle for:

Solo Ranked.
Cross server.
Reduce Lag (this has gotten better already).
Better Matching.

Pistols
08.17.2012 , 11:51 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawiki View Post
Sounds interesting but right now I'd settle for:

Solo Ranked.
Cross server.
Reduce Lag (this has gotten better already).
Better Matching.
Solo ranked won't work. Hear me out. You've seen (I'm assuming) all the QQ threads about pre-mades in regular WZ's, which tbh only consists of 4 people. Imagine the QQ that goes with ranked when 8 man solo players queue with no healer and 8 tanks, against a coordinated 8 man group?

What I would suggest, or modifiy in your request, is to have a function similar to the Group finder (call it PvP Match-Maker or something) to get players matched up. Queue'ing solo for Ranked would just be bad, and pretty much nulifies having to do regular WZ's. To further enhance the PvP Match-Maker, it would be nice if this game had an IG Voice ops. SWG pulled this off (not sure about other games), and it helped a ton when players formed a pug of sorts for whatever.

Kawiki
08.17.2012 , 11:55 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Solo ranked won't work. Hear me out. You've seen (I'm assuming) all the QQ threads about pre-mades in regular WZ's, which tbh only consists of 4 people. Imagine the QQ that goes with ranked when 8 man solo players queue with no healer and 8 tanks, against a coordinated 8 man group?

What I would suggest, or modifiy in your request, is to have a function similar to the Group finder (call it PvP Match-Maker or something) to get players matched up. Queue'ing solo for Ranked would just be bad, and pretty much nulifies having to do regular WZ's. To further enhance the PvP Match-Maker, it would be nice if this game had an IG Voice ops. SWG pulled this off (not sure about other games), and it helped a ton when players formed a pug of sorts for whatever.
Works for me.

paul_preib
08.17.2012 , 12:16 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post

The argument usually used in asking for solo ranked would be that it filters it into pure solo queuer v solo queuer teams (easier to do in ranked since it'd be all or nothing, 8 or 1 instead of 4). This means that while there are obviously plenty of chances for bad/frustrating compositions the level of coordination is on mostly equal footing.

There would of course still be flaws with this system, there is no 'perfect' means of arranging all of this, and without cross-server flaws can be made more prevalent (if only eight of one faction are actively queuing they can get the coordination anyway for example) but I do think its an interesting notion at least.

Basically the best approach to me would seem to plug in cross-server and the actually trifurcate it into full group, solo, and small group (2 or 4). This way there's a big enough pool for the different queues to pop, someone that wants to solo gets to test himself on equal ground, and people who want to group but just have a hard time getting eight can run.
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies