Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

23/1/17 with dps gear. Tank or dmg for fps till 50 ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
23/1/17 with dps gear. Tank or dmg for fps till 50 ?

Pathlight-
08.17.2012 , 02:31 AM | #1
I'm currently building toward a hybrid build (23/1/17) and stacking dps stats (wp>pw>surge>crit>end). I'm level 37 and have been able to do all the fps so far as a tank. However I'm not sure if I can do so till 50. I'm mostly into pvp but I run them for gear, however I'm not sure if I'll be viable as a tank till 50.

Caan
08.17.2012 , 02:41 AM | #2
You can if the healer is good

Pathlight-
08.17.2012 , 02:46 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Caan View Post
Sounds good, at least I can blame it on him if we wipe thanks

Eternalnight
08.17.2012 , 03:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Pathlight- View Post
Sounds good, at least I can blame it on him if we wipe thanks
So you are going to act as a complete A-hole towards the rest of the group?

It is because of jerks like you that most mmo games have a bad community.

If you "tank" in dps gear, then you really should at the very least freely admit that each and every wipe that ever happens is your own fault.

Eternalnight
08.17.2012 , 03:47 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Caan View Post
Also this is only half the truth.

Especially when clearing trash, a good dps can affect the chances of the group staying alive even more than a healer can.

1. Use your 60s cc on the right target and don't brake it early

2. Use other control abilities well (short stuns, knockbacks and so on) to minimize the incoming damage

3. INTERUPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Always, always, ALWAYS kill the weakest mobs in a group first to more quickly reduce the number of mobs you are in combat with and therefore reduce the incoming damage

5. In general kill everything really fast

Doing all that perfectly and you would not even need a healer at all, except for some bosses.

But most people tend to fail in all of the above and then blame the healer.

Pathlight-
08.17.2012 , 05:32 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
So you are going to act as a complete A-hole towards the rest of the group?

It is because of jerks like you that most mmo games have a bad community.

If you "tank" in dps gear, then you really should at the very least freely admit that each and every wipe that ever happens is your own fault.
Sarcasm. Learn it.

Eternalnight
08.17.2012 , 06:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Pathlight- View Post
Sarcasm
It isn't.

Just about every mmo is full of jerks who do stupid things in group content (tanking in full dps gear being one of the more common examples) and then proceed to blame other people for failures they themselves caused.

I don't really object that people "tank" without being proper tanks in leveling content if they are at least honest about it and take the blame when something goes wrong, since despite being inconsiderate to the rest of the group in some ways, it does make the queue faster for all group members which is good.

However the one thing I hate most of all above all else in mmo games are these jerks who queue as tanks while wearing dps gear, and then cause wipes (which most likely would not have happened if they had been proper tanks) and then proceed to blame other people for something that was their own fault.

If you tank in dps gear and make it through without problems, good for you.
However if something fails, you should freely admit that it was your own fault for tanking in dps gear, and not blame other people.

The fact that you even feel appropriate to make jokes about blaming the healer, makes me think you just might be one of those people who does that for real.

Pathlight-
08.17.2012 , 06:56 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
It isn't.

Just about every mmo is full of jerks who do stupid things in group content (tanking in full dps gear being one of the more common examples) and then proceed to blame other people for failures they themselves caused.

I don't really object that people "tank" without being proper tanks in leveling content if they are at least honest about it and take the blame when something goes wrong, since despite being inconsiderate to the rest of the group in some ways, it does make the queue faster for all group members which is good.

However the one thing I hate most of all above all else in mmo games are these jerks who queue as tanks while wearing dps gear, and then cause wipes (which most likely would not have happened if they had been proper tanks) and then proceed to blame other people for something that was their own fault.

If you tank in dps gear and make it through without problems, good for you.
However if something fails, you should freely admit that it was your own fault for tanking in dps gear, and not blame other people.

The fact that you even feel appropriate to make jokes about blaming the healer, makes me think you just might be one of those people who does that for real.
Please keep your self righteous BS to yourself and get back on point. The smiley would have told any reader with an IQ higher than 20 that the remark wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

wMDranger
08.17.2012 , 07:50 AM | #9
I did exactly this, and never had any problems with wiping or not being able to complete the fps. Done every one up to red reaper but haven't had the tIme to Que since that one became available. As long ssh you build tank tree first it shouldn't be a problem

Pathlight-
08.17.2012 , 08:11 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by wMDranger View Post
I did exactly this, and never had any problems with wiping or not being able to complete the fps. Done every one up to red reaper but haven't had the tIme to Que since that one became available. As long ssh you build tank tree first it shouldn't be a problem
Sounds good. Thanks.