Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group Finder is okay, but could use improvement.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Group Finder is okay, but could use improvement.

SounTendou
08.16.2012 , 09:18 PM | #1
I just tried to find a random group to complete a "HEROIC 4" mission and got stuck in a group going for flashpoints, which I did NOT want. I know that there is a planetary option and I selected only ONLY Taris! Still got stuck into a flashpoint group. Is this feature bugged or does it just assemble a group with whoever happens to be queue'n up?

Suggestion (bottom lime): either make this feature do as the players wish or just GET RID OF THE HEROICS, i.e. make these areas soloable.

Anysao
08.16.2012 , 11:00 PM | #2
Getting rid of the heroics are a bad idea. It is probably a bug.

But my own suggestion is make it so we can use the group finder for more operations. As of now, we can only queue up for eternity vault and karagga's palace story modes. I want all operations and difficulty modes to be queue able!
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

bbare
08.17.2012 , 10:48 AM | #3
I have no qualms with the group finder. It is the terrible players who are queued that makes me angry.
The Vanity Legacy

Cessna_X
08.17.2012 , 08:45 PM | #4
If you're after solo-able heroic areas, I remember in LOTRO for group quests, they would give you an item that you could use in the heroic area that would make you super-powerful so you could solo all the elite mobs. So you had an option to either do it as a group, or go it alone but get a super-buff. Although personally, I don't really like that system. It discourages people from grouping together, and this game is already more like a single-player game than an MMO to begin with. We need more group/social content, not less.

That said, if you really want to solo a heroic area, you can. Just level up a bit.