Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vent required for opreations?

Spatology
08.17.2012 , 12:16 PM | #21
Short answer: Yes

Long answer: If you want be sucessful, yes.

Brittaany_Banks
08.17.2012 , 12:20 PM | #22
Yes I am going to say required for this reason...

Try explaining the SOA fight at the end of Eternity Vault in Ops chat
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?
#GamerGate

Satedbuffalo
08.17.2012 , 12:25 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post

Been there, done that. What a headache.
Just some jerk who isn't good enough for rated.

bbare
08.17.2012 , 12:43 PM | #24
No, it isn't "required" if everyone knows what they are doing without any uncertainties. However, this is rarely the case. It is always a good idea to at least be in vent for instructions. It is mandatory if you are new to the raid. If you are an experienced raider for a particular raid, it shouldn't be a problem. For example, I have full BH/Campaign gear and it would be acceptable for me to not use vent for a Story mode EV, because I've done EV dozens of times. However, I get in vent anyway so I make sure everyone knows what they are doing! So in conclusion, get in vent/mumble/teamspeak. It isn't much of a hassle and it helps a lot, especially for new content!
The Vanity Legacy

emidas
08.17.2012 , 01:00 PM | #25

Burn Soa. When his shield goes up, head to the outside of the platform.
Follow everyone else down, stop when we do. Burn <whatever the things are that buff Soa>
Burn Soa, prioritize Mind Traps. If you get targeted by a lightning ball, run into it away from other people.
Follow everyone else down, stop when we do. Burn <whatever the things are that buff Soa>
Dps Mind Traps, keep an eye on Soa. When a pylon crashes down onto him, switch IMMEDIATELY.
Win.

Aaoogaa
08.17.2012 , 01:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by harleyandsmokey View Post
I was wondering if vent or mumble or any kind of voice chat is required for HM FP, Opreations etc.
Required? No
Better? Yes

Better co-ordination. Better explanation. Better in fight communication.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

CitizenFry
08.17.2012 , 01:28 PM | #27

my WPM is high enough that this isn't a problem. Also, I can sit there and type out the strategy, and people can read it when they come back from bio. If I was talking, that doesn't work as well!
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay

Larry_Dallas
08.17.2012 , 02:07 PM | #28
If you're in a guild that's cleared X 30 times so far, no.

If you're doing something for the first time in a pug...unless it's EV, I would highly recommend voice. Fabricator is a mess if there are melee in the pit and nobody calling out "firing" before firing. An annih mara uses leap to build rage then gets scorched.

Not saying there's no way around it, but it'll make your life a lot easier using voice. Zorn/Toth and Kephess are two more that are brutal without voice.

Larry_Dallas
08.17.2012 , 02:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by emidas View Post
Burn Soa. When his shield goes up, head to the outside of the platform.
Burn Soa, prioritize Mind Traps. If you get targeted by a lightning ball, run into it away from other people.
Dps Mind Traps, keep an eye on Soa. When a pylon crashes down onto him, switch IMMEDIATELY.
Win.
There's actually an easier way. Find a melee who knows the fight and a ranged who knows the fight. Put marks over their heads. Explain the lightning bolts. Tell everyone, unless they're targeted by lightning balls, stack on one of those two at all times and attack what they attack. EV is really, really, easy to pug with people who don't know what they're doing.

lazyax
08.17.2012 , 06:55 PM | #30
I'm deaf, since birth. I have done KP/EV and even lost island without much of an issue as a tank, I just have to be more aware and watching chat, for example, during the G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator, I have to really watch what is going on and watch the other tank's buff bar but other then that, it isn't too bad. I have not yet done EC tho, but I understand the complexity involved in some of the EC fight mechanics involving the tank swaps etc.

I wear a hearing aid in one ear, so wearing gaming audio headsets are somewhat of a challenge for me. Its very hard to find a headset that will even work for me. In voice chat, its too hard for me to hear what some people are saying due to loudness/softness of voices, background noise, etc. Also, every device (even between brands, etc) have a different voice quality ie: headsets, mics, etc. Same thing with a telephone.

In my case, its just best to type it out. Once I "get" the fight mechanics I don't need to be told another time. I appreciate the help from players that understand my handicap, and work around it. I tell them they can shorten the typing, to just certain letters or words if its something important that needs to be done at certain times.