Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag in Explosive Conflict

Orarr
08.18.2012 , 07:10 AM | #11
I'm pretty sure BW has stated that massive lag in EC, Gharj resetting, and Soa disappearing is all due to something on our end. Maybe the 1.5mil subs they lost really did send them their $15 for the last four months but the transaction is lagged.

JWillets
08.18.2012 , 10:18 PM | #12
My entire guild, no joke, has literally quit the game because of this. EC HM was the only thing that was keeping them in the game but it just became unplayable since server merges. I think the worst lag spike i've ever encountered was literally like a full 20 seconds on Toth/Zorn. It was on a jump and I was just slamming my taunt to no avail until the other tank went from 90% health to 0% in a split second when it smoothed out.

If there's an exploit in the favor of the players, that thing gets patched like immediately. Bugs that break the game....meh.

Solar_Breeze
08.18.2012 , 10:42 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JWillets View Post
My entire guild, no joke, has literally quit the game because of this. EC HM was the only thing that was keeping them in the game but it just became unplayable since server merges. I think the worst lag spike i've ever encountered was literally like a full 20 seconds on Toth/Zorn. It was on a jump and I was just slamming my taunt to no avail until the other tank went from 90% health to 0% in a split second when it smoothed out.

If there's an exploit in the favor of the players, that thing gets patched like immediately. Bugs that break the game....meh.

Same for me, numbers in EC HM raiding guilds dropping like flys having to put up with the lag for no reward other than a high repair bill. Still no word or action other than making Minesweeper no longer work for 2 days? seen about 15 people in 2 guilds quit within the last 2 weeks because of this.

Mosfett
08.21.2012 , 10:11 AM | #14
It's not lag, EC was too easy, so they put a server stun.
It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Now, seriously, yeah this is really annoying. It is not game breaking bad, since we can still clear EC HM every week and it very rarely causes a wipe, but seeing how low it takes solving their bugs is quite sad. This issue came with the merge, but i am more pissed at the unfixed bugs that have been present since Beta, those are simply pathetic.

Metalmac
08.21.2012 , 02:34 PM | #15
I quit WOW for the reason that I put in tickets on bugs that were there for 6 YEARS!!!!!!!

I see this game going down the same exact path with Free to Play adding in Sever Lag that makes the game dead!

Mavery
08.21.2012 , 03:13 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Mosfett View Post
It's not lag, EC was too easy, so they put a server stun.
It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Now, seriously, yeah this is really annoying. It is not game breaking bad, since we can still clear EC HM every week and it very rarely causes a wipe, but seeing how low it takes solving their bugs is quite sad. This issue came with the merge, but i am more pissed at the unfixed bugs that have been present since Beta, those are simply pathetic.
^ This.

The lag isn't to the point where it prohibits clears. I've seen singular deaths to this lag, but never a full raid wipe. I suspect there is considerable hyperbole when it is suggested "bosses cannot be downed with the lag."

Should it be fixed, sure? But exaggeration will not facilitate a fix.
Elidibs Draconis, Kinetic Shadow
Yup, I'm back. Miss me?

Varlam
08.21.2012 , 03:22 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
^ This.

The lag isn't to the point where it prohibits clears. I've seen singular deaths to this lag, but never a full raid wipe. I suspect there is considerable hyperbole when it is suggested "bosses cannot be downed with the lag."

Should it be fixed, sure? But exaggeration will not facilitate a fix.
Depends on your situation entirely. When you come out of a 5 second lag spike and return with a dead tank, I'd say that it prohibits game play significantly. Do all people have this problem? No, of course not but it does happen and needs to be addressed.

I guess its just easier to fix things that have nothing to do with game play though, like jewelery.

Varlam
08.22.2012 , 03:12 PM | #18
Hey, word on the street is that they fixed the lag issue by limiting the amount of players in a Denova instance. Has any noticed an improved experience?

Solar_Breeze
08.22.2012 , 03:49 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Varlam View Post
Hey, word on the street is that they fixed the lag issue by limiting the amount of players in a Denova instance. Has any noticed an improved experience?
Massive improvement tonight, 16 people in our instance (8 were us) ..

jamescloutier
08.22.2012 , 04:06 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Solar_Breeze View Post
Massive improvement tonight, 16 people in our instance (8 were us) ..
Same for Corellian Run. 16 in the instance we were in. There were 12 instances going. In the past we would have 4 instances and push 120 in each full one. Lag was much better Tuesday. A few minor bumps here or there but nothing rage worthy.