Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Interview with Matthew Bromberg, GM of BW Austin

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Interview with Matthew Bromberg, GM of BW Austin

CosmicKat
08.20.2012 , 02:26 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
[*]Focus will be on grouped content.
I sure hope that one is true.

IMO the lack of group content, and almost total emphasis on solo play is the biggest reason TOR is the world's most successful (and only) solo game charging a subscription fee.

DarthOvertone
08.20.2012 , 04:39 PM | #62
Good interview. Bromberg seems like a stand up guy and a lot more professional than some of the other high level BW "suits" that preceded him. You gotta feel for the dude being dropped into the situation he is in now, right at the start of the F2P conversion, in a content drought, and having to clean up the mess from launch.

He says all the right things: Content is a priority and will come with more regularity. F2P is a good thing because it will attract more players. F2P will not devolve into P2W. The future of the game is multiplayer and the emphasis will be on introducing more group content. The game is moving in a new direction so needed a new team and staff and that's why there was a changing of the guard.

All of this is well and good, but I think someone already mentioned that words can only take you so far. We have been hearing a lot from BW for nine months now. It's time for them to deliver.

As an aside, I thought it was pretty amusing to hear that George Lucas' son plays SWTOR. heh
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

CorellianWannabe
08.20.2012 , 05:29 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
I sure hope that one is true.

IMO the lack of group content, and almost total emphasis on solo play is the biggest reason TOR is the world's most successful (and only) solo game charging a subscription fee.

Don't worry-soon it will be the solo game for free-so solo players can thank the raiders for subsidizing the game (instead of the other way around like in most MMOs).

Deewe
08.20.2012 , 06:48 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Good interview. Bromberg seems like a stand up guy and a lot more professional than some of the other high level BW "suits" that preceded him. You gotta feel for the dude being dropped into the situation he is in now, right at the start of the F2P conversion, in a content drought, and having to clean up the mess from launch.
Agreed with that.

For now I see two mistakes, at least from the few we know:
  • Wasting more time on space content
  • Not adding any sandbox elements anytime soon.

ChazDoit
08.20.2012 , 08:41 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Good interview. Bromberg seems like a stand up guy and a lot more professional than some of the other high level BW "suits" that preceded him.
Yeah, if there are any new interviews in the future I'd rather see him speaking.

Deewe
09.17.2012 , 08:10 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by ChazDoit View Post
Yeah, if there are any new interviews in the future I'd rather see him speaking.
For sure, would be interesting.

Hopefully on top of fixing the game he'll be able to have the guys work towards the long term success and add sandbox elements.

LibertySol
09.17.2012 , 08:39 PM | #67
Absolutely fail. STOP WASTING RESOURCES ON BLOODY SPACE MISSIONS!

Suromir
09.17.2012 , 10:10 PM | #68
whatever...they also said monthly content updates and all kinds of DRIVEL that never came true before the nickel2death I mean free2play was announced....

but I will say this is more likely to be true since they can now nickel and dime us.

biggest MMO failure EVER considering budget and IP.....faster to f2p than ANYTHING before it....they obviously don't belong in the MMO market..

but, again, now that they can nickel and dime us...well maybe some of this "list" will be true.

TMar
09.17.2012 , 11:20 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Xanikk View Post
This is common for MMOs.

It's pointless to spend content patches developing solo end game content for the minority of the crowd that plays mmos when most of us are subscribed for engaging stuff that keeps us keep us going for the long run.

Go play a single player game if you don't want to join a guild to do operations or group pvp.
Last time I check the minority was late end game raiding groups. The majority of most MMO's population is stuck pugging small group/solo content. Or standing around in <insert games major city>.
There is no suggesting, there is only trolling
There is no discussing, there is only trolling
There is one constant, there is trolling
****All for a Tor server named Bria.****