Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Interview with Matthew Bromberg, GM of BW Austin

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Interview with Matthew Bromberg, GM of BW Austin

Shuno
08.17.2012 , 07:19 AM | #21
Woah, now that's a link!

SWG Euro Farstar
----------

Deewe
08.18.2012 , 02:27 PM | #22
Updated the OP with another interview
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Kozzmozz
08.18.2012 , 02:40 PM | #23
im a bit worried that they consider adding FP & OPS & WZ as content tbh...
Dont get me wrong, it is in a way content, but still its gonna be huge repetitive to do so. oke its fun to do Lost island for some time to get some black hole coms or that rakata chest piece for an alt but after that ? continue it for fun?

at the moment we are at Black hole gear & War hero gear.

new Fp's & ops come ... now we have Blacker Holes Gear & World War hero gear.
3 months later new FP's, Ops & WZ come ... then we have Blackest holer Gear & World War II Gear.
and so on & on.

Then , lets add 5 levels to the cap so all this gear becomes obsolete & bring in some new FP's , OPS & WZ to bring
a complete new gear set, maybe with 2 extra augments to give players that extra modification (aka "freedom")

You get my drift i hope... It was fun maybe when i was younger or this was my first mmo & i wouldnt know better.
Its the pixel on a stick carrot that will keep players hanging for months or even years, but i think ill pass on that.
Same reason Why i quitted lotro was due to that, so many instances & skirmishes & dailies and it kept coming , to me its then just an arcade game where people log in and grind for pixels, nothing more, nothing less.

Any thoughts ?
Returned player 22/03/2016

Andryah
08.18.2012 , 02:45 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kozzmozz View Post
Any thoughts ?
MMO 101.

It's what MMOs do.

Sounds like maybe you have outgrown MMOs, which there is absolutely nothing wrong about outgrowing a game genere.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Tic-
08.18.2012 , 02:59 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
MMO 101.

It's what MMOs do.

Sounds like maybe you have outgrown MMOs, which there is absolutely nothing wrong about outgrowing a game genere.
Well maybe thats why MMOs seem to be having problems keeping their subscriber base?

Well not all of them.

/shrug

Kozzmozz
08.18.2012 , 03:09 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
MMO 101.

It's what MMOs do.

hmm i dont agree with that, as i still love mmo's, but if after 15 years the mainstream MMo's can only deliver that kind of endgame, then thats a bit cheap dont ya think? I like this mmo a lot, i just hope(d) that swtor would give something innovative there, but i guess it wont.

Im loving sandbox mmo's a lot but atm im waiting for : Darkfall 2 & ArcheAge Online. I even preordered Guild wars 2 and it felt fresh so far i tried it.
I love this game and dont want to leave it, but all the effort in bringing more fps & such can be spend on something else imho. something that is not been done for the 100th time.

I dont think people get bored of stuff to do, they just get bored by doing the same repetitive tasks as they log in just to keep up their pixels. we are not mice on a wheelercoaster ;-) at least i dont want to be
Returned player 22/03/2016

Ansalem
08.18.2012 , 03:38 PM | #27
heh unless the 'hard mode' space missions involve full 3d flight, grouped pve in space, boarding ships, fighting deck by deck killing bosses, and something actually fun to play then the devs are wasting time and money on those space missions. I'm a huge fan of space combat...just not the type they have in this game. Please bioware stop making lame firefox style space missions and give us free space. I would enjoy space and this game a lot more with free roaming space zones where I can pvp against other players, pve with groups on missions, do an operation with my guild, or even have a warzone that is in space. Space should not be relegated to a mere mini game. This is Star Wars afterall. You guys are really overlooking a ton of potential with space.

LordArtemis
08.18.2012 , 03:57 PM | #28
I can see a few mistakes there.

Working only on group content is a massive mistake. Not only are there not enough players right now to support that kind of content, the LFG system is still broken for the most part. Better to work on sandbox elements to create time investment in the game instead, adding features that should have been in at launch.

Second mistake is designing more hard mode space missions IMO. It's not a popular feature because it just doesn't offer anything to the current players, and adding more missions will not help. They need a Battlefront type space battleground and need to add multiplayer to the current missions in the form of turret play for people on your ship and the ability to have more than one spaceship run the course.

Just my 2 cents.

SithVeritas
08.18.2012 , 03:58 PM | #29
He reminds me of Robert California.

FeelFlow
08.18.2012 , 04:27 PM | #30
He seems a nice guy and pretty honest too.

And really honest about the class stories - I don't think that we'll be seeing class stories continue for a while unless the game starts to really pick up (as it's obviously really expensive). I'm enjoying playing all classes to 1-50 at the moment, anyway (I'm pretty much the ideal SWTOR player!).

I hope that the game has a good future.