Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

See the future of The Old Republic!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
See the future of The Old Republic!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wellymace
08.16.2012 , 03:19 PM | #21
Seen it all before.....you have lost 100's of thousands of subscribers because you keep duping everyone with "look whats coming".

You have serious competition in the coming weeks and guess what..."look whats coming" hits everyone again.

If the world event is any indication of what you are intending then lol

Archdragon
08.16.2012 , 03:22 PM | #22
Not to sound to negative, but wasent this more or less the exact same stuff as in the last preview some time before 1.3 or what ever?

Either way: When will we get Cathar? ^^

RyanRhino
08.16.2012 , 03:25 PM | #23
Me 4 minutes ago: Yay new video!
Me now: Nothing new again, what a waste of energy.

You do know there are people who don't roll alts or do Ops right?

iimagiicii
08.16.2012 , 03:33 PM | #24
even better looking the 2nd time

sithgreyguard
08.16.2012 , 03:45 PM | #25
Everything looks good. Love the details on the cathar face.

Docyrian
08.16.2012 , 03:46 PM | #26
Ya know, I've been TRYING to defend BW for quite awhile now. Saying "give them time, they'll straighten it out"....

It's getting REALLY hard to continue doing so. Until last night, i hadn't even logged into the game for 2 weeks. With this new of a game, that shouldn't be happening.

There seems to be a BIG sign on every "new" post BW makes that says "not getting it". They don't seem to understand WHY players are disenchanted or upset. That's not to say they haven't done some GOOD things. But there seems to be too much "put a new skin on it and call it new" going on. I mean, a new playable race is nice and all, but with as little endgame content as there was to begin with, most players that are GOING to play more than 1 toon have already created them all. So they're not going to go re-roll another of something they already have played JUST for the sake of a new species.

P.S. PLEASE don't "add" anything more to the "space missions". Just work on a kick *** x-pack and give us some REAL space usefulness!!!

Pistols
08.16.2012 , 03:52 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
If you haven’t heard the news already, there are many exciting new developments coming up for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, new Operations, new Warzones, new custom items, and new ways to play the game. Plus, Game Updates will be coming more frequently.

Watch Now
If you haven't seen the player flow chart lately, many are unsubbing due to being neglected.

And coming more frequently.

thatghost
08.16.2012 , 03:56 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by mourasantos View Post
Anyone else put off by this stylistic choice? Star Wars is about more than grindy cogwheels and metal parts.
Yes and no.

Yes, because it's just further proof that steampunk has gone even more main than mainstream (mainstream quite a while back).

No, because despite the more-main-than-mainstream I still happen to like steampunk.

Although I'm always startled when I initially pull up my gunslinger to play. Just a singular thought, every time: so I'm still playing Star Wars, right? still captain of an XS Freighter and not an airship, I hope?

Seriously, though, I wish they'd step away altogether from stylistic choices for the time being unless the stylistic choices have to do with more story content outside of fps/ops/wzs. One can dream *shrug*
Me + buildings = oops
The Vyxx Legacy | The Shadowlands
The Sadi Legacy | The Harbinger

Fanfic: Grey. Red. Black.

Thondan
08.16.2012 , 03:58 PM | #29
Makeb looks fun. Operation looks decent. Cathar is just a skin, so big whoop.

Needs to be a bit longer to draw players in.

Ansalem
08.16.2012 , 04:04 PM | #30
Dear Devs,
Please stop being so vague with actual dates/times/etc. The community would really appreciate it if you would stop being so secretative with everything. We had to wait 4 months just to get a peep out of you about nightmare EC coming soon...still waiting...and now you are saying TFB is coming in september great thats a little better. Could you please give us actual dates though? I would like to know how long I have to wait in between content updates. The 6 week estimate/promise BW gave earlier isn't good enough since we know there are always delays. It would be nice to know what exactly is coming and when. Instead I feel like every event or new piece of content is an ambush...they just pop up out of nowhere and if Im lucky I find out maybe 10 hours in advance and thats only because I find the info on some fan site because you guys fail to post the info here first. I'm getting tired of the ambushes and vague responses. Give me actual information with details please!