Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

See the future of The Old Republic!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
See the future of The Old Republic!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

calleverybody
08.17.2012 , 02:26 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Fettered View Post
I get the impression they are going to be like "unlocked" species where they can be either side and any profession.
but you can play the species out the gate just locked to a specific class. after 50 you can play them on any class or is that restricted too. i forget....

I also want to thank my droid on my ship for cleaning my fuel injectors and take him up on his offer of conversation and a back rub . Oh and to tell him to relax i will not deactivate him. He is doing a great job on the ship while i am out in the world handling my business. lol
The Shadowlands
lv 50 Sorc lv 49 Juggernaut
Negotiations the Dark side way
http://umbraguild.guildlaunch.com/

Fettered
08.17.2012 , 02:34 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by calleverybody View Post
but you can play the species out the gate just locked to a specific class. after 50 you can play them on any class or is that restricted too. i forget....
I don't know how it is going to be introduced. But there was a dev post explaining how Cathar might sympathize with the Imperials thus explaining them as playing Imp classes, so that leads me to believe however they are "unlocked" once they are playable they will be open to every class and faction.

Eillack
08.17.2012 , 03:36 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Lucyfer_Infinity View Post
/yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnn

Saga never ends? Really? Am pretty certain the saga of every of my toons pretty much ended when they finished chapter 3... So much for story driven MMO not a single story update in 9 months....
Yup, like getting all the voice actors, etc together and shoveling out more and more story missions is an easy over-the-night job.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Cupelixx
08.17.2012 , 05:49 PM | #124
How very underwhelming. We already knew about this stuff. Spend less time on creating a badly done "ooh shiny" trailer and more time on actually getting the content into the game and communicating status updates, IMO.
Please un-break Slicing lockbox missions.

weponxkillerman
08.17.2012 , 06:50 PM | #125
One thing, what level will this new planet be? I mean, i think it would be cool to have not be a level 50 planet, but, oh well.
Don't worry Mam, i'll try not to splatter any blood on you.

Zacula
08.17.2012 , 08:29 PM | #126
Sooooo....

How long before there's a Cathar-based guild called "The Thundercats"? Because if you guys don't make one, I most certainly will.
Onward to victory, or something like it!

VectivusCarnage
08.17.2012 , 10:03 PM | #127
nice new playable species...hope you guys add more in the future!
Vec aka VectorMan
-Smuggler-
Sqaudron 238

Tulmara
08.17.2012 , 10:39 PM | #128
Of all the possible races in the known universe .. .Cathar... sigh.
This is like getting a pair of socks as a kid at Christmas, or like announcing a new class ... the Accountant.
Would have loved a jawa :P How much money would be saved on voice acting on a race like that ?
Well I hope at least there's more character slots, SWTOR offers so may incentives to run alts, number one being storyline, that all of mine are full.

Lunafox
08.17.2012 , 10:44 PM | #129
Interesting, but the only thing that will get me excited (and no, its not being held by Han Solo, but it would help) is more STORY LINE with our Companions and more character slots. New classes aside from the damn cats would be nice too, as I never liked the Cathars...I see no reason, why there can't be deveronians, nautolans etc.
More Individual class/companion story extensions!
~I came, I saw, I went shopping.~

Izorii
08.17.2012 , 10:56 PM | #130
When we are told more updates and everty 6 weeks what are we really talking about here? Why has it taken 8+ months to decide that a good way to keep subs is to add more content, and were we not promised regular updates at launch but that never happened?