Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

couple of questions

Greymayne
08.16.2012 , 09:00 AM | #1
Ok guys and gals I have a couple of questions for you all, Ill be hitting 50 tonight only 2 bubbles away!!!! yayy!

Question 1. I really like the look of the batlemaster gear for my powertech, if i am understanding this right battlemaster is PVP gear (since im not sure of the all the tier names and whats pvp and whats pve in Swtor yet) If this is the case is there a set that looks like it in PVE gear?

Question 2. I see some battle master "hulls" In the GTN that have no mods in them for lvl 50 but require a WZ rank of 60 or something like that, so how many wz would I have to do to get to the "60" level and how are the point/rank's in PvP done in this game.

Question 3 if i do get this battlemaster "hull" set would it be acceptable with good mods to use in the lower ops?

Master_Nate
08.16.2012 , 09:31 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Greymayne View Post
Ok guys and gals I have a couple of questions for you all, Ill be hitting 50 tonight only 2 bubbles away!!!! yayy!

Question 1. I really like the look of the batlemaster gear for my powertech, if i am understanding this right battlemaster is PVP gear (since im not sure of the all the tier names and whats pvp and whats pve in Swtor yet) If this is the case is there a set that looks like it in PVE gear?

Question 2. I see some battle master "hulls" In the GTN that have no mods in them for lvl 50 but require a WZ rank of 60 or something like that, so how many wz would I have to do to get to the "60" level and how are the point/rank's in PvP done in this game.

Question 3 if i do get this battlemaster "hull" set would it be acceptable with good mods to use in the lower ops?
Congratulations on reaching 50

1. You are correct. Battlemaster is a PvP set. In PvP the tier sets go from Recruit < Battlemaster < War Hero. For PvE your set would look more like Exotech(sp?)< Tionese < Columi < Rakata < BH < Campaign. As for a look that matches it in PvE I am uncertain as I don't have your AC and therefore never looked for myself.

2. The "hulls" you are referring too are made gear bought from PvP vendors and made by players. As you noted, they require a Valor rank of 60. In order to get to 60 you would need to start que'ng for Warzones or you can go to Ilum and look for some World PvP in the designated zone. Kills and controlling the zone both net you bonus/increase to valor. Unfortunately, on most servers, this designated zone is dead and lackluster as most people who do PvP stay at the fleet and just que up from there. But it IS possible to grind out the valor level without ever stepping foot into a WZ although it would take substantially longer imho. If you do start que'ng for WZ, you can do it from the designated spot on Ilum and you will receive a bonus to Valor for completion of a WZ. That buff lasts for an hour but can be re-applied just by being in this zone.

Contrary to this, I believe you could just grind out the pieces you wanted from the PvP Battlemaster vendor and get them once you are 50 as they don't have a Valor requirement, you should check that out though. That would mean you could just grind out the pieces you need and be done with it if you are not a PvP'r. Another side note to let you know is that when you hit 50 you will have the option for 320k or a free set of recruit gear. At this point, and being a PvP'r myself, I advise getting this armor even though it is pretty crappy. As someone trying to help you out, if you don't plan on PvP'ng other than to get this one or two pieces, I may just take the credits...if you do take the credits be forewarned that you will receive lots of hate from the other PvP players as you are basically a meatbag at this point. But between us, if you are only in recruit gear you are a meatbag still...you'll see what I mean once you start to que up at that level

My best advice to you at this point is to PvP your way to 50 even if it's only a few bubs away. You can start collecting your WZ comms now while you are 49 and significantly tough in your bracket. You probably won't reach your end goal before 50 but at least you won't have to PvP at 50 as long where gear is pretty important to have in order to do much.

3. As far as using it in the lower OPs you will be fine. It's not necessarily the gear you are wearing but what the gear contains. The way it works currently is that your tionese, columi, rakata, battlemaster all have set bonuses attached to their shells. What I mean is, if you were to wear the BM gear and ripped out the mods to replace with the PvE ones you would still retain your PvP bonus because you are wearing the "shell". You could put your best mods/armorings/enhancements into this gear and start working on PvE tierd gear like columi and rakata and then rip out the mods and armorings for them and transfer them to your BM gear no problem. Also note, PvE and PvP set bonuses are different so that's something to look at as well. Side note, when you do get to campaign the gear no longer has the bonus attached to it. It is attached to the Armoring at this point.

I hope this clears some things up. If you have further questions feel free to send me a PM or respond in your thread. Good luck!!
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five