Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint: Mandalorian Raiders: The Boarding Party

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Flashpoint: Mandalorian Raiders: The Boarding Party

Theboatman
12.28.2011 , 06:44 AM | #51
I've done this a few times, honestly have never wiped. I'm a good tank, but had good heals as well. yes it was a bit of a cluster, just had dps FF them down one at a time, no particular order. This was mid to late twenties easy mode, but yeah, it wasn't tooo bad for us. A challenge, but doable. I'm sure there is a suggested kill order somewhere. I know the ranged guys pile ont he dps after the sorcerer/warrior die though. I think i'd recommends killing the ranged first.

maschovy
01.26.2012 , 11:38 AM | #52
I' m not sure why people say they aren't CC'able. Maybe it changed recently, dunno, we've only been running it for 2 or 3 weeks now. Anyhow, the Knight isn't CC'able but she's the only one. The rest can be put to sleep no prob. We wiped several times at first but eventually evolved our strat so that now we've learned how to master this encounter very well and have beat it about 8 to 10 times in a row and haven't even come close to wiping in the last half dozen runs. Hope it helps someone out there.

Me: 26th Powertech, tank spec with healing companion named Mako out
Wife: 25th Sorc, heal spec
Son: 26th Assas, dps spec

vs.

Knight/Warrior (Wielding duel light sabers)
Consular/Inquisitor (Wielding single light saber)
Trooper/Bounty Hunter (Wielding pistol and wearing heavy armor)
Smuggler/Agent (Wielding pistol and wearing light armor)

First, one major fact of this group of 4 that some people may not know. Every time you kill one of them, the remaining mobs get considerably stronger. By the time you've killed three of them, the last one standing will be doing massive damage. So much damage, in fact, that that last man standing will be doing more damage than all four combined. So, with that in mind, here's our strat:

Had Assassin Mind Trap (60 second CC, can't be used in combat so non-applyable) the Consular. Had the Sorc immediately follow with Whirlwind (again, 60 second CC but reapplyable with talents) on the Trooper. This leaves the Knight and the Smuggler. We discovered that's it's critical to focus the Knight down first and as quickly as possible. She's very disruptive, jumps around all over the place, aggro wipes, knocks back, non-CCable, non-stunnable and generally just a pain in the ***. In comparison, her friends are pushovers. So, we focus down the Knight while I throw an occasional taunt at the Smuggler to keep him interested in me instead of Mako. About the time the Knight dies, Mind Trap wears off of the Consular and he runs over and starts swinging his glow stick around. I grapple the Smuggler into the fight and we AoE / focus down both Consular and Smuggle to about 1/4 life each. Once we have them both barely breathing, I'll grapple in the Trooper and we slow and steadily focus him down to 1/8th life while letting heat dissipate, energy regenerate, cooldowns finish, etc. By the time he's at 1/8th we're "battle rested" and ready for the grand finale. On my call, we pop every cooldown we have and AoE all three of them hard. They all die within seconds of each other.

The first of the two critical elements of this strat are to kill the Knight first because she is by far the strongest out of the 4. This fight is a marathon and has to be carefully orchestrated and she's just way to disruptive to healing and dps. Since she can't be CC'd or stunned, she must die. The second critical element is very counterintuitive, and that's to leave the other three barely alive so that they all die at once. Like most people, at first we tried killing them one at a time, but they get much, much stronger every time one of them dies. By the time you get to the last one, he's a beast. We left the Smuggler for last once and after his friends died he pewpewed through my hps like a 50 cal through paper mache. Yet before his friends die, he might as well be shooting BBs at you for the damage he does. Even Mako (BH healer companion and in general, wussie little girly girl) can tank him for awhile if you need her to before his friends all die.

12.02.2013 , 08:05 AM | #53
Ok, when you fight these guys it helps to killl them in this order, Marauder/sentinal > sorcerer/sage > mercenary/trooper >scoundrel/operative, when you enter the room have your group get into one of the corners made by the door, this halls with aoes and makes it a lot easier for your healer since they don't have to be running around the room trying to heal every which way.

Hope this helps

Never_Hesitate
12.02.2013 , 08:47 AM | #54
Marauder/sentinal > sorcerer/sage > mercenary/trooper = scoundrel/operative

Even better is when the last two guys die within a few seconds, because the last one standing deals a ton of dmg, no matter who it is
waiting for ...

wainot-keel
12.02.2013 , 09:01 AM | #55
wow... holy necro

in any case, my prefered order is mara/sent first then whoever and trooper/bh for last, since his hard hiting stuff is an aoe with a red circle that you can entirely avoid....

Never_Hesitate
12.02.2013 , 09:51 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
wow... holy necro
ups, I didn't look on the date 2 posts above me
waiting for ...

dancezwithnubz
12.02.2013 , 08:07 PM | #57
begorrah, holy necrobump....

Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
Marauder/sentinal > sorcerer/sage > mercenary/trooper = scoundrel/operative

Even better is when the last two guys die within a few seconds, because the last one standing deals a ton of dmg, no matter who it is
I actually prefer to get rid of that Sage first.

when tanking this fight, I'll attack the Sage first and build up a ton of aggro on him, then switch to keep the sentinel occupied while the rest of teh group burns down that Sage. If i see teh sage attacking someone else, taunt him back.

the way I see it, the longer the Sage lives, the longer the fight with the Sentinel takes and that damn sentinel can really dish out a lot of hurt.

Dontelar
12.04.2013 , 01:20 PM | #58
I can't say I've had much trouble with this one, as long as the other players are competent. And sometimes even if they are not. I've tanked the fight as a sniper once when the tank refused to pull anything off of the healer. (Fortunately the healer was bright enough to focus on my tanking sniper rather than the non-tanking tank)

I find the key is to make sure people focus their fire on one at a time (I find knight-consular-trooper-smuggler easiest, but it is certainly doable in any order) and for the tank to run behind the little wall at the base of the stairs, forcing the ranged guys to run right up to get to him. I have never found the enrage thing to be significant enough to make me want to bring all four down to low health before killing any.

I've played healer on this one as Scoundrel, Commando, and Sorcerer, and while it takes work, and occasionally having to chose which DPS to keep alive, it is still easier than that mass of hounds just before the first boss.