Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint: Mandalorian Raiders: The Boarding Party

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Flashpoint: Mandalorian Raiders: The Boarding Party

nicosharp
12.20.2011 , 02:02 PM | #21
Beat this on our first try, kiting on the ramp behind their spawn.

team was - 24 sith sorc (me healing spec), 25 BH tank, 25 Sniper dps, and 28 sith sorc (dps, heal backup)

Double healing really helped here, in some cases triple healing to deal with adds training non-tank healers - also blew a lot of cds - i think 2 ppl ended up using health stims.

Focus fire while kiting, fight just got progressively easier after each kill, then cake walk after the 3rd kill.

Sadly(or maybe conveniently), we had the opposite luck, wiping on the last boss, as we didn't know we should have focus fired the turrets (easy on second try)

JLapp
12.20.2011 , 02:10 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by RascaJuono View Post
Two things:

Get your tank up on the platform with them with his back against the wall with the chest. If he gets knocked back it won't be far and the healer won't lose LoS on him at a crucial moment. In fact if your team can handle it, get them all up there. Since your tank should have a Guard skill on your healer they need to be close for it to work.

Spoiler

This was a great instance. Took us a couple of tries before determining the correct take out order. Just keep at it. Very satisfying once you've done it.

Edit: I should also add that we were 26-27 level when we did this. Will be more difficult at lower levels.
This. First time I did it we tried killing the Inquisitor first thinking he would probably be healing or something but the warrior was running all over knocking people back and stuff. I think we ended up killing one but wiped shortly after that.

Second attempt killed the warrior first and the rest was easy.

Mavery
12.20.2011 , 02:16 PM | #23
I have no idea why people find this fight difficult. I did this on-level my first time and had no problem whatsoever with incoming damage (I'm a Shadow tank). I tanked them all and we burned down the Sith first and then whichever ranged we felt like. I was very high health the entire time.

I don't know what to say.

pogmahone
12.20.2011 , 06:21 PM | #24
Our guild did it but no loot dropped because the dam box is bugged

Zolaf
12.21.2011 , 10:29 AM | #25
Not sure what is difficult about this fight, Vanguard tank, Commando healer, Jedi Sentinel and a companion... we just killed them, sith warrior first, then inquisitor, then it doesn't matter, this fight is not hard. I've even two manned it at 23 with a Vanguard tank and a Commando healer, again, same kill order as above, Jorgen companion and one of us forgot to summon our companion, the fight is cake

Hustletron
12.21.2011 , 11:29 AM | #26
This fight isn't that difficult, we first completed it killing the consular, knight, smuggler, trooper.

Last night my group killed consular, knight, trooper, smuggler, as the trooper does AOE and when the other 3 are dead starts to hit like a truck and found this order even easier.

Tanking all 3 is relatively easy, the consular runs around and doesn't stick to me(I was tanking) so everyone needs to burn it fast, I believe the knight will try and run around too but as long as the tank keeps the trooper and smuggler hate, just taunt the knight everytime it tries to run away while dps tanks the consular.
That's no moon, it's a space station!

Hustletron - 50 Juggernaut - Belgoth's Beacon

Schneidend
12.21.2011 , 11:51 AM | #27
It's definitely a tough fight. The best way to do it is to burn down each one to about 10%, starting with the Sentinel/Marauder boss, and -then- start killing them all. Your healer really needs to be on top of their game and conserve their resources, as it's definitely an endurance fight.

Windkull
12.21.2011 , 12:46 PM | #28
Wiped once with a pug not knowing what was happening going in... Second try we got it down by burning all evenly to 5% and killing them off.

Group was Me (Assassin), Juggernaught, Maurauder, and an Operative healing.

The first wipe was because we burned the knight since no one could hold agro, then eventually heals couldn't keep up because of the enrage.

Second time I went tanking stance and held agro on the trooper, and would taunt the knight off the healer. Marauder kept the hp balanced between the four while jug and I held 2 each and it went down pretty easy.

Super disappointing after that that the loot was bugged though

GeneralNash
12.22.2011 , 01:30 AM | #29
1st time me and my guildies did this someone suggested, guy with 2 glows 1st, then 1 glow, then we figure out the last ranged mob. Our healer died but we won as i took over healing.
Me DPS: Commando
Tank: Guardian
DPS: Commando
Healer: Commando
Yeah Troopers FTW!

After that we ran few more times more or less same group swap Commando with Scoundrel and the same tactics, 2 glows 1st then 1 glow etc... no one dies.

Nice challenge and battle visuals.
Best fight so far.

Trineda
12.22.2011 , 07:17 PM | #30
Hey there,

We saw this post and thought we would mention that some of the issues discussed regarding the Crowd Control Immunity are also mentioned in the Public Test Patch Notes for the upcoming patch going to the Public Test Server:

Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Mandalorian Raiders
  • Crowd control immunity has been removed from several members of the Enemy Boarding Party.