Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint: Mandalorian Raiders: The Boarding Party

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Flashpoint: Mandalorian Raiders: The Boarding Party

KaoticSanity
12.19.2011 , 09:29 AM | #1
So far I've been very satisfied with the Flashpoint (dungeons), and I really like that Bioware has actually made them difficult, instead of the loot-fest it has been in several other MMO's.
I just needed to get this confirmed by some other players: Am I right in thinking that the Imperial Boarding Party (Republic Boarding Party if you're with the Empire I presume) is VERY hard, comparing to everything else, since they gave all 4 mini-bosses in the party the Boss Immunity spell? I'm having a very hard time seeing how that fight is do-able without any Crowd Control (CC) spells or kiting the 2 ranged units around the nearby containers. It was do-able in the beta, due to the fact that you could CC 1-2-3 of of them, and take them out one by one.
To furthermore substantiate my doubts, it would be really odd if you made a boss-fight as long as this, and make every party member improve when either one of them dies. I really don't think it's possible to outheal this fight without somehow ruining the fight (by kiting) as the combined force of the 4 party members can take down your tank within mere 5 seconds. My group would surely not have succeeded if the fight hadn't bugged (we killed the warrior, whereafter the tank died because I couldn't heal him in time due to him kiting the agent and the BH around, we managed to kill the inquisitor, and then kite around the agent and BH (which is very frustrating to heal, when your party members oLoS you all the time), and then one dps died, having only me and the other dps left, we managed to kill the BH and when we respawned, the agent was still the only one left (the others hadn't respawned), we killed him, and moved on, but received no loot (well it bugged)).
Surprisingly the last boss of the instance was near 20 times easier than the second fight (that being the hardest fight I've ever been in in any instance, in any MMO, and that says alot) So I would be quite surprised to hear that it's not by some mistake that it's impossible to use CC spells on them, looking at the fact that all 4 of them has 20k hp, and half as much dmg as a single regular boss EACH.

Am I totally wrong here?.

Jannik

Angrsmurf
12.19.2011 , 09:36 AM | #2
I agree that it is some-what difficult, but I have almost no problem with the boss fights as a Bodyguard Merc BH. I actually have more of a challenge with the trash in the first part of the dungeon with the dogs. Maybe you should try getting a few more levels or switching around the classes in your group.

Moxleey
12.19.2011 , 09:36 AM | #3
My guild killed them my getting all of them to about 5%, then just burning them all. This way you don't have to worry about the enrage mechanic after one dies.

LordPancake
12.19.2011 , 09:40 AM | #4
Eh we've been 3 manning it with a PT tank, Sorc DPS, Op heals and Mako.

Each time it can be a little close, but not terrible, and we are all 24-26. Typically, because we have Mako and Op heals, we just ignore the Knight and let him bounce around. PT and Sorc spam aoe to wreck them all, focusing mostly on the Trooper and Smuggler to start actually, then switching to Consular and finally Knight.

That said, the damage we are throwing around with a PT tank and Sorc AOE's usually ends up killing them around the same time. If you have the healing to do it that way, its probably the easiest.
-Jon
Platus - Imperial Agent / Operative - Healer
Rusvul -lv21 Retired Jug Tank (for now).

Moxleey
12.19.2011 , 09:43 AM | #5
Double post

Thorkir
12.19.2011 , 11:17 AM | #6
It was extremely difficult for my guild group, might have been easier if we had known that they gain each other's abilities ahead of time.

We had a SW tank, Mercenary healer, Sniper and Sorcerer DPS. As the Sorcerer, I was constantly throwing out heals, as the damage was just too high and random for the mercenary to handle alone.

It might be a bit over-tuned, but it was definitely the most fun fight I've seen yet.
"All will be well."

minervasunrider
12.19.2011 , 11:43 AM | #7
The group I did it with (playing a Shadow tank; rest of the party was a DPS commando and two scoundrels, both specced for healing I think but one playing the main healer role and the other spot healing and DPSing) one-shot that fight but it was probably the most difficult fight I've seen so far in a flashpoint (up to lvl 34). Mostly from a tanking perspective it was difficult to control all 4 at once and I was caught between two minds - control the other 3 while they burn down the first, or what? Basically we just focused fire one by one, let them strengthen as each one died, and the healers did a stellar job keeping me up. Kill order might be important (I've only run it once) - I think we went Inquisitor Agent Warrior Bounty Hunter. We worked under the assumption that either the inquis or agent were the healers of the group, the warrior we knew was DPS, leaving the BH as the probable "tank" of the 4 mobs. But we just made that decision in 10 seconds and got on with the fight. Maybe we just got lucky - it was a close run thing.
The Ebon Hawk | The Athena Legacy | <Game Genie> | <Empire>

eninjachef
12.19.2011 , 11:46 AM | #8
yeah its hard but i found if you make sure everyone has medpacks, and you FF one down at a time the enrage isnt that much of an issue if you do it right, i find killing the jedi gaurdin then the commando takes a lot of dmg out of your group though by that time your alll low on CDs but the other jedi just falls over dead and the smuggler has a 400 point bomb at that point so its easily managable at that point

zDracor
12.19.2011 , 09:49 PM | #9
I assume this fight if identical to the republic version, where we have to face a Marauder, bounty hunter, agent, sorceror. Did it on the stress-test weekend, it was very hard then. Completely facerolled it this time around. Healed it as a commando, had a DPS specced guardian tank, a gunslinger, and a sentinel. Didn't even come close to losing anyone.

What exactly are you having trouble with?

KaoticSanity
12.20.2011 , 05:17 AM | #10
Well, I'm a fully specced Commando healer, and although healing in the game is rather hard, I haven't had any problem with anything else than this.

Our tank wasn't a specced tanker, and our DPS might've been total ****, I have no idea since I was healing the whole time. It might not be as difficult if you have a whole group of coordinated people, and I'm not saying that it's totally impossible to beat the boarding party, I'm just comparing them to the difficulty comparing to the two other bosses in the Flashpoint. They are both atleast 10 times easier than the boarding party.