Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My connection to the server has been lost!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
My connection to the server has been lost!!!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wigglebooty
08.15.2012 , 04:16 PM | #1
Come on its been a couple weeks now and still no fix to this annoyance?

DexenOnone
08.15.2012 , 05:39 PM | #2
My connection issues started this tuesday after the event roll out. Constantly losing connection to the server, sometimes just getting the red x for a second and then back to full connection, just enough time for me to die. Really annoying, making the game unplayable. But as I can see by the response you were given, its probobly going to stay like this
A Valued Subscriber!

Bronholz
08.15.2012 , 05:43 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

To get an idea of what you have already tired I have included some network troubleshooting steps below. Let us know what you have tried and if there are steps on the list that you haven't tried please do so and let us know the results.
  • The network troubleshooting steps below(including removing and re-adding the exceptions)
    Spoiler
  • Flush DNS
    Spoiler
  • If you are using a wireless connection, try plugging straight into the router
  • Power cycle your router(turning it off, waiting 30 seconds and then restarting it)
  • Restarting your computer

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

wigglebooty
08.18.2012 , 10:29 PM | #4
Clearly you are unaware of this issue if you are suggesting I check my network connection. I can assure you this is not an issue with my network, my computer, my connection nor my internet provider and that it is 100% an issue with your server. How can I be so sure you might ask? Well let me explain to you. Every time, and I mean every time, not just one time or five times or fourteen times but EVERY TIME this connection message appears and I log back in there are at least 10 other people on the fleet complaining about the same disconnection at the same time.

I asked a few of them out of curiosity what internet provider they had and where they lived because I have had problems in the past with different internet providers having connection problems or maybee a bad hop in the ip chains of the internet in my area. I got answers like Alaska, Kansas, Texas, California, Comcast, Att, Sprint, and Hughesnet.

So as you can see its not any single area, its not any single provider and its a HUGE MIRACLE if it is inside my computer or personal network and it is affecting other peoples personal networks at the exact same time, but yet I have been playing this game since early beta and never heard more than one person ever complain in spatial chat about a disconnect problem at the same time.

Since you are obviously unaware of this issue because you gave me a typical response for connection issues I have given you the previous information that I left out of my original post because I would have figured you would have heard about it at least a few hundred times by now, being how many people are affected by it. I can say it hasn't happened to me at all today because I decided not to pvp at all because being disconnected 3 out of 5 matches was going to make me blow a blood vessel in my forehead!

DexenOnone
08.22.2012 , 01:06 PM | #5
oh wait there answer didnt help you so now they just stop helping? awesome. Still disconnecting constantly
A Valued Subscriber!

warriorcat
08.22.2012 , 02:21 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DexenOnone View Post
oh wait there answer didnt help you so now they just stop helping? awesome. Still disconnecting constantly
have you created a ticket with your pathping and other stuff that could help them out even more? i am sure bioware will tell you how to do this if you ask, they cant help with user side connection only give some tips on what to do

warriorcat
08.22.2012 , 02:34 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by wigglebooty View Post
Clearly you are unaware of this issue if you are suggesting I check my network connection. I can assure you this is not an issue with my network, my computer, my connection nor my internet provider and that it is 100% an issue with your server. How can I be so sure you might ask?
answer to last bit i dont care, they could have your same internet provider and same problems as you (10 people really their are norm 500 people on at off peak )

can you prove it is server side ???? you need more than words you need to give us details etc ( pathping / traceart most problems are user side so can you blame bioware/forum support/customer service for thinking this)

they could have asked for all this straight off but they will attempt to help you as the forum support post above has tried to yet it sounds like you did not try the flush dns and the other thing/s asked

wigglebooty
08.25.2012 , 01:14 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by warriorcat View Post
answer to last bit i dont care, they could have your same internet provider and same problems as you (10 people really their are norm 500 people on at off peak )

can you prove it is server side ???? you need more than words you need to give us details etc ( pathping / traceart most problems are user side so can you blame bioware/forum support/customer service for thinking this)

they could have asked for all this straight off but they will attempt to help you as the forum support post above has tried to yet it sounds like you did not try the flush dns and the other thing/s asked
You are either a troll or cannot read, go away. Problem still exists after doing every suggestion multiple times.

mulzii
08.25.2012 , 01:37 PM | #9
I started having the same issue this afternoon. I was in a WZ three different times, most get halfway through or so, and then i get booted to the server select screen with the error 'you lost connection to the server'. If i double-click omy server, it immediately reconnects and lets me log on (back to fleet of course).

I do not believe it is my router/connection, as i have a persistent connection with a viop app on another computer running constantly which is extremely touchy with internet/hardware issues, and that had no issues. i did flush the dns as suggested with no resolution.

Never happened to me before this afternoon, and it was not occurring this morning. But it occurred 3 times in a span of 2 hours this afternoon. All i do is pvp, so it occurred in a wz each time. It never happens after a set time, one was 30 minutes since i logged on, another was ~8 minutes (according to timers in void star)..The 3rd time was closer to 14 minutes into playing..