Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My issue with pvp in its current state: faction gap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
My issue with pvp in its current state: faction gap

Zeit_Geist
08.15.2012 , 02:16 PM | #1
PVP is becoming a real headache, its pretty good and could be amazing again.

I'm republic, and we lose.... and lose.... and lose....
Now, obviously there are a few natural factors that balancing wont account for. More pvp centric players rolled imp and more people rolled imp. So naturally they'd have a higher rate of victory on this alone. But one would expect something like a 60-70% win ratio not a 80-90% win ratio.

The biggest factor really I believe is gear. Imperials win on such a more frequent basis that it makes it much easier for them to gear up. While it is much slower for pub players. Over time it has grown. So as the pub tries to gear up more and more imps are capping their gear out. Further separating the gap between factions.

This is simply my observation. I'm no pro but i'm not a scrub either, and its simply no fun to get face rolled for hours.

I think a simple fix could be a gear rating system for match making. Seeing how this would slow down queue times cross server queues could help also.

Just my 2c.
What could be better than getting to kick a sith in the junk.

BigUten
08.15.2012 , 02:30 PM | #2
I'm Republic and I rarely lose even if i pug so i don't see any faction gap.
Warlord Raxril / The Bastion (Alpha Republic)

Zeit_Geist
08.15.2012 , 02:32 PM | #3
Oh? I'm on Fatman and it's pretty bad here. Perhaps the population is closer on your server?

Kawiki
08.15.2012 , 03:06 PM | #4
The repubs win the majority of time on my server also. During the day on the weekends its mostly pub v. pub also.

UGLYMRJ
08.15.2012 , 03:33 PM | #5
My server, The Bastion is very Imperial heavy. This however works in the opposite way. It leaves more room for bad pugs on my team that have no clue of what an objective looks like. The smaller populated Republic side is much more organized on average in regular WZ's. Population is not your problem... that can go both ways. It's a roll of the dice.

As far as gear... that is not your problem either. On my server where wins can be tough some nights I still got my complete BM set in about 4 days. Augmented BM sets can be more than competitive against WH.

Your problem is the same as mine... you have a lot of bad pugs on your server and your faction. The solutions are simple and there is nothing in game that needs to be changed.

Fix #1: Roll the other faction
Fix #2: Roll another server
Fix #3: Find a guild or make friends. Your chances of winning increase greatly when you can control who half of your team is going to be. Take matters into your own hands and don't look to the developers to make an "easy mode" setting for you.

All that aside... I agree that cross server queues would be nice and very likely even out some of these win/loss ratios. But that's not a guarantee. Until then.... I suggest fix #3. And even when they do happen... I still suggest fix #3.

Pistols
08.15.2012 , 03:36 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeit_Geist View Post
Oh? I'm on Fatman and it's pretty bad here. Perhaps the population is closer on your server?
The Republic on The Fatman got a TON of Roleplay/PvE guilds during the transfer stage, players who refuse to purchase Recruit gear, and play with 0 expertise. They do not care about winning at all.

Not all Pubs are like this, but the majority of the Pubs who group together will win most of the time.

Pugging on the Pub side is terrible at best, so I feel ya, but the Imps are no more geared than Pubs by any means.

Jadescythe
08.15.2012 , 03:42 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
The Republic on The Fatman got a TON of Roleplay/PvE guilds during the transfer stage, players who refuse to purchase Recruit gear, and play with 0 expertise. They do not care about winning at all.

Not all Pubs are like this, but the majority of the Pubs who group together will win most of the time.

Pugging on the Pub side is terrible at best, so I feel ya, but the Imps are no more geared than Pubs by any means.
Imp PUGs are just as bad without the excuse of roleplaying. We do have quite a few PVE guilds though. Either way, I don't see either side winning a significantly large portion of the time on Fatman.

Perhaps the OP's views are biased by their own skill holding him/her back, but I don't know who they are so I can't comment...
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Pistols
08.15.2012 , 03:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Imp PUGs are just as bad without the excuse of roleplaying. We do have quite a few PVE guilds though. Either way, I don't see either side winning a significantly large portion of the time on Fatman.

Perhaps the OP's views are biased by their own skill holding him/her back, but I don't know who they are so I can't comment...
True enough, I guess it is more perspective than anything else.

And yeah, when I troll in Gen chat about LF Roleplay, I get a ton of whispers...it's the best trolling ever!

Zeit_Geist
08.15.2012 , 03:52 PM | #9
Huh, well I guess it's just fatman then... weird. Well I'm not giving up on PvP, I just hope as i get more WH it kind of levels out

Zeit_Geist
08.15.2012 , 03:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
My server, The Bastion is very Imperial heavy. This however works in the opposite way. It leaves more room for bad pugs on my team that have no clue of what an objective looks like. The smaller populated Republic side is much more organized on average in regular WZ's. Population is not your problem... that can go both ways. It's a roll of the dice.

As far as gear... that is not your problem either. On my server where wins can be tough some nights I still got my complete BM set in about 4 days. Augmented BM sets can be more than competitive against WH.

Your problem is the same as mine... you have a lot of bad pugs on your server and your faction. The solutions are simple and there is nothing in game that needs to be changed.

Fix #1: Roll the other faction
Fix #2: Roll another server
Fix #3: Find a guild or make friends. Your chances of winning increase greatly when you can control who half of your team is going to be. Take matters into your own hands and don't look to the developers to make an "easy mode" setting for you.

All that aside... I agree that cross server queues would be nice and very likely even out some of these win/loss ratios. But that's not a guarantee. Until then.... I suggest fix #3. And even when they do happen... I still suggest fix #3.
Yeah, working on it. I tried to limit the sound of QQ'n in the OP, as that was not really my intent. IT appears to be this way.

Yeah, when i group with giuldies who are good pvpers we fair a lot better.

Working on augmenting my BM atm, and getting my first few pieces of WH. I agree with not wanting any dev "easymode" i don't mind losing close matches.

Also, there is a bit of my skill which will simply require more experience to overcome the slight deficit that is scrapper pvp. But, tbh i like the idea of becoming pro with and underdog class than QQ'n for buffs/nerfs.

Thx for the feedback, gives me a clearer perspective of the truth of the situation. Me and some of my guildies who are kinda sick of Fatman Pugs and working on WH are trying to begin RWZ's. so at least if we lose we only have ourselves to blame