Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mithros
08.20.2012 , 09:44 AM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Thanks for participating!
So I will get to use the tokens that I earned here during the next event?

Until the answer to that question is "Yes", then every event needs to offer every class something beyond a pet or a Sandperson outfit.

It doesn't bring me any happiness to know that while I might have gotten short-changed here, someone else will get screwed over next time to make it all balance out.

Why not just offer a couple of weapons of each type during every event rather than have 6 or however many of a single type and let everyone else go without?

How is a smuggler or a BH or a force user supposed to feel really happy about this event? Even a commando is left out unless I missed the 'blaster cannon' bowcaster. All I saw were rifles and sniper rifles. 3 out of 16 advanced classes can get a weapon.

Everyone else is restricted to a pet and/or looking like a Sandperson.
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.

Spatology
08.20.2012 , 10:09 AM | #272
omg, i didnt realize there where so many Glowbat crybabies.

Styxx
08.20.2012 , 10:37 AM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
omg, i didnt realize there where so many Glowbat crybabies.
Bind on Legacy Glowbat crybabies. We got Bind on Legacy Barrel crybabies already in bed, sleeping.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Selenial
08.20.2012 , 08:23 PM | #274
Quote: Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
Bind on Legacy Glowbat crybabies. We got Bind on Legacy Barrel crybabies already in bed, sleeping.
Mature -_- So very mature of you.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

bahdasz
08.20.2012 , 09:30 PM | #275
Next time, just offer us unique skins of each type and a I nice wide selection of ALL types of mods to choose from to outfit them. I mean not just barrels and hilts, how about occasionally giving us some legendary mods and enhancements to choose from. Seriously even if one of my toons used a rifle, which none of them do btw, none of the mod combinations in these things matches up to how I mod out my own stuff anyway.

I really wish I'd have looked at the vendor before I spent hours on the quests, lesson learned.

174K to remove a mod on a weapon I'll never use so I can put it in one I want to use? That's shameful

Varnast
08.20.2012 , 10:06 PM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamus_Divinus View Post
It's the strangest design decision I've ever seen in an MMO. You hype up an event. People wait for it for months. It arrives. The rewards are ONLY for a small % of the playerbase? My mind is well and truly boggled!
The company has definitely "some" issues.... It seems to me like they can't handle the needed development rate. I don't know.
Vekton :: Sith Assassin ::: Varnast :: Sith Marauder
Sydron :: Sith Juggernaut ::: Nareith :: Sniper
Krimsyn :: Mercenary ::: Budun :: Gunslinger

The Dac Legacy

AntarNyaus
08.21.2012 , 01:13 AM | #277
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
174K to remove a mod on a weapon I'll never use so I can put it in one I want to use? That's shameful
This. I don't even touch purple mods. The stat boost from blue to purple is not worth the time to accumulate the credits needed to move them.

There is no other MMO I've ever played where getting new gear required you to spend your credits to equip it. In SWTOR, your armor is more like inventory space to hold your mods, your actual gear. The itemization of the custom equipment system is great. The monetization of the system is horrendous.
Antar "Tonar" Nyaus, Gunslinger, The Ebon Hawk Nyaus Legacy
Republic: Antaakot, Sage; Antaaro, Guardian; Antaade, Trooper
Empire: Arnot, Mara; Antaanih, Sorc; Antaail, Snipe; Antaahin, Merc

░▒ The Army of Light (R) ░▒ Unhinged (I) ▒░

Bloodstealer
08.21.2012 , 02:04 AM | #278
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
You should just make sure that the reward item types are fairly distributed for all advanced classes for every single event.

By the way, with Bound on Legacy Wookiee Bowcasters in the game, does that mean we may see Wookiees as playable species in the future?
Yes they should of becuase I have little faith they will be pushing events out frequently enough to overcome this poor design decision.

As for Wookies... the one Wookie we have in game now cant even use its actual weapon of choice.. so I am guessing having Wookies in game anytime soon just cos they brought a bowcaster in game... is a long, long way off!

Go on prove me wrong BEAWARE... plz
Leader of The Misfits & Mercenaries Guild.
Death or Glory - It's all just a game to me!

Dext
08.21.2012 , 02:17 AM | #279
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Thanks for participating!
With the lack of new things to do. Cutting class's out of it is kind of lame.
CE VIP
Current Book: Vector Prime
Next Book: Dark Tide I: Onslaught
New Republic Navy

ivanhedgehog
08.21.2012 , 09:00 AM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by Varnast View Post
The company has definitely "some" issues.... It seems to me like they can't handle the needed development rate. I don't know.
added to that...no one under lvl 30 can participate...all on the same planet(massive lag problems)

no testing...parts seriously bugged.

no attempt to fix said bugs

slow respawn rate on the boxes..this event was made to encourage ninjas.

the room with the laser and mirrors allowed other players not on your team to grief you. they could move your mirrors out of alignment causing you to miss. CS refused to discipline said griefers.....but if you use any profanity at them you will get slapped down.

so look forward to the next event that they might have something nice for you..but that will be sometime next year