Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MajikMyst
08.18.2012 , 01:52 AM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by CorellianWannabe View Post
Quite the contradiction there..
Not at all.. Just because you drive around in a Rolls Royce doesn't mean you have to go around and brag about it.. Just because you live in a 90 room mansion doesn't mean you have to brag about it.. Having nice things doesn't have mean bragging rights.. It all depends on what kind of person you are..

I see no need to brag to others about what I have in the game.. But I do get in enoyment in know that some of the things I have are rare and special.. But again, I am not going to brag about it and rub peoples nose in it..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

MajikMyst
08.18.2012 , 01:55 AM | #242
just like earlier this year when ohlen stated content would be rolling out monthly?

if f2p goes live in november they would be lucky to get out one update before 2013.
I never heard that please provide link to that statement.. It has just said fall.. Show me where it says November,,

Quote: Originally Posted by Bioware
07.31.2012 I want to reach out today to share my thoughts on our recent announcement to expand our game to offer a Free-To-Play option this fall...
That is right off the main page..

MajikMyst
08.18.2012 , 01:57 AM | #243
Ok-let's say the rewards had been a techblade and an electrostaff. That's cool because companions can use them too right?
So you want to compare it to weapons that are for the most part companion only??

Ok.. How about we stick to weapons that a player can use.. Like a blaster rifle..

MajikMyst
08.18.2012 , 02:04 AM | #244
Just an FYI..

Quote: Originally Posted by Bioware
New Content Next Month Senior Community Coordinator Allison Berryman passes on a message from Systems Designer David Hunt about what the future of our item tiers looks like after Terror From Beyond is released next month.
Got to check the Dev tracker

While this isn't an event.. It is new content..

aeterno
08.18.2012 , 02:24 AM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
The latest info I have heard is that after FTP is live, we can expect content updates about every 6 weeks.. I doubt we will have to wait until next year..
I realise that but this is using the roadmap they layed out in interviews. In the forseeable future they're gonna roll out a new flashpoint, a new warzone, a new ops and hk-51 all as separate updates. (Lets not get started how this isnt "more content" but trickling out proper patches here).

Best case scenario, if they start rolling them out next month a new event may or may not get its turn in february or march. And we know better than to expect best case scenarios by now.

So I say again, this aint the pace that would support said vendor approach.

Maltuvion
08.18.2012 , 02:26 AM | #246
I thought the point was to have fun-not try to get pixels so you can tell someone 'you don't have it! sucks to be you!'
Shush! That's part of the MMO pedigree that SWTOR belongs to! Gear treadmill, m'kay? God forbid somebody put the consumer's fun first *cough* ArenaNet *cough*

Maltuvion
08.18.2012 , 02:35 AM | #247
Again.. Why should Bioware give everyone everything for doing nothing?? Should they pass out campaign gear to all as well?? It isn't about 'You don't have it.. Sucks to be you.' Maybe to you it is.. But to most others, it isn't.. I like to earn the things I have.. I like to work for them.. There is no point in playing the game if all is just provided.. Same is true with this world event..
You are as wrong as you can be. Let me correct your example: A raid does EC Hardmode (aka, acquiring Campaign gear). Light and Medium Armor users get zero drops whatsoever in EC Hardmode. Light and Medium armor is simply not part of the loot tables. They're told to wait for the next raid where they will, hopefully, get their turn. By the same implication, Heavy Armor users might as well skip the next tier since they will likely get zero. That is a far more pertinent analogy to the Chevin event than the scenario you put up.

Bioware has already stated that other things will be given during other events.. Now people can speculate all they want about when that will be.. In the end it really doesn't matter when it will be.. If you want whatever it is that will be given out, then you better be there.. Just like the people that were here for the Bowcaster.. Just like the +41 stat purple crystals when the special vendor was there on the fleet.. Or the white crystals.. Or the Korrealis mounts.. And the list goes on..
Blizzard can afford this. I sincerely doubt SWTOR can. 6 month subs are running out pretty much right now and the game is hemorrharging subs. The anticipated Chevin event was an opportunity to convince everybody that the design-direction and their continued engagement in this game was worth paying for. Instead we got a base fetch/kill X grind-fest which was not only bugged for an entire faction but which also highlighted a blatant lack of innovation and fun. While your metrics may vary, it is indisputable that most people have not found the event worthwhile.

Maltuvion
08.18.2012 , 02:36 AM | #248
So you want to compare it to weapons that are for the most part companion only??

Ok.. How about we stick to weapons that a player can use.. Like a blaster rifle..
What are you on about? Those are player usable, the game just don't support it through competitive itemization.

KyaniteD
08.18.2012 , 02:39 AM | #249
So a mod you don't get to see the pretty effects of very well but nonetheless is still useful for every class=not having mods for the event at all, unless you want to pay a fortune to extract mods for alts you may or may not have or ever will, or to give a companion you may or may not ever use a goofy-looking weapon.
Welps, yeah! With the event endgame crystals became available from so many different sources, that they weren't really anything special except for the color. *shrug*

Quote:
So in 6 months you'll be fine if the rewards are shields and foci? What about cannons and shotguns?
If you look at the kinds of rewards, you may notice that they are, in effect (except for those few at just the right level for it being an epic upgrade), vanity items. No one (only a very few, for a limited time) gets an an advantage out of them than cannot be trumped by regularly available items.

So in the light of that, giving out invisible items is most likely not going to happen. In terms of visibility, force users and rifle users had their fun, and when bounty hunters and smugglers get their turn in six months, yes, I'm going to be excited about it.
Harm no one's internal, invisible integrities. Leave others the privacies of their minds and lives. (Surak) Don't think twice before you listen to your heart, follow the trace for a new start. [...] In the eye of storm you'll see a lonely dove - the experience of survival is the key to the gravity of love. (Enigma)

MajikMyst
08.18.2012 , 02:42 AM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
I realise that but this is using the roadmap they layed out in interviews. In the forseeable future they're gonna roll out a new flashpoint, a new warzone, a new ops and hk-51 all as separate updates. (Lets not get started how this isnt "more content" but trickling out proper patches here).

Best case scenario, if they start rolling them out next month a new event may or may not get its turn in february or march. And we know better than to expect best case scenarios by now.

So I say again, this aint the pace that would support said vendor approach.
While I see your point.. Using your timeline.. I am still left with the thought that this is still a vanilla version.. What events did WOW have at launch??

As time goes on more and more will be added.. Like I said.. Rome wasn't built in a day.. Ok.. So we will have to wait for something.. So what?? I don't know about you, but I am here to stay.. I love my guild.. I love the people in my guild.. I am having a blast!! This game is awsome!! Sure.. Some of the bugs are annoying.. Dealing with the LFG system is a nightmare.. Half the time we don't even get your comms.. We don't even use it for guild Op runs anymore.. To much of a hassle if someone gets DC'd.. That doesn't mean I am not having fun or I am going to whine and complain about it..

Just like the weapon in the current event.. I don't have a single character than can use it.. Still, I got one cause they are legacy bound.. I may get another for a companion or something.. In either case, I see nothing to worry about.. If you are someone that is going to be leaving the game soon and you won't see the other events.. Well then.. Your leaving so why does it matter anyways?? If you are going to be here for the long haul like me.. Then what is there to worry about?? Your day will come.. Just have fun, do a HM with your guild or put together a premade and go destroy some PVP..