Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Maltuvion's Avatar


Maltuvion
08.17.2012 , 01:59 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Wayshuba View Post
There is also lack of content. I have been here since early release and am on my 5th toon running through. I have done all the flashpoints, planetary quests, ops in normal and hard mode, rakghoul event and PvP warzones up the ying-yang. Please enlighten me as to what else there is too do once you have done all this stuff multiple times over? There are no sandbox elements (such as pazaak, ship customization, housing, sabaac, pod and swoop racing, holochess or gambling on Nar Shadda) so everything else, for those that have been here since launch, is done multiple times over.

Now we have what would have been patch 1.4 broken apart and going to be served in elements of one thing every six weeks. Yeah, BioWare is doing a GREAT job. It's us players who are the problem.
Quoted for truth.

Maltuvion's Avatar


Maltuvion
08.17.2012 , 02:05 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
You know people.. This isn't rocket science..

Basically what is being said here is that this event is for the people that can use the bowcaster..

It also says that other events that are either in the works or comming will have items for classes other than those that can use the bowcaster..

Get it?? This really is simple.. Many people suspected this when they frist saw what the vendor sold and didn't sell.. If you all think that force users and other non bowcaster weapon classes are going to be jipped, then perhaps you should think again..

Whiners are going to whine.. I know that.. But seriously.. There is nothing here to whine about.. Just play the game and enjoy a good scavenger hunt...
Recent interview by DarthHater with Gabe Amatangnelo (sp?) reveals that they plan the next event to hit in January, but that he can't promise it. So you're looking at a 5~ months wait. Your argument is effectively refuted.

MajikMyst's Avatar


MajikMyst
08.17.2012 , 02:34 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by Maltuvion View Post
Recent interview by DarthHater with Gabe Amatangnelo (sp?) reveals that they plan the next event to hit in January, but that he can't promise it. So you're looking at a 5~ months wait. Your argument is effectively refuted.
Actually it isn't.. Since when is there any kind of a time limit and since when do you get to define it?? If your arguement is 5 months.. Then you simply have no arguement.. Even if the next event is 5 years from now, the arguement still applies.. There is no time limit.. Bioware is the only one that can set a time frame.. Not us..

So actually no.. My arguement is not refuted..

I just don't see the point in trying to justify a reason to whine when there is none..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

DorkTrooper's Avatar


DorkTrooper
08.17.2012 , 02:45 PM | #214
I enjoy finding the event items and cruising around Nar Shaddaa on my speeder to snag comms hidden all around. The event vendor items are secondary.

CKNairb's Avatar


CKNairb
08.17.2012 , 02:48 PM | #215
the items are bind on legacy

they have to have something to try and get you to reroll as the game is more crap @ end game then leveling a new toon
Blighton
Sith Assassin

Chaac's Avatar


Chaac
08.17.2012 , 02:59 PM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Actually it isn't.. I was unaware there was a time limit for any of this.. If your arguement is 5 months.. Then you simply have no arguement.. Even if the next event is 5 years from now, the arguement still applies.. There is no time limit.. Bioware is the only one that can set a time frame.. Not us..

So actually no.. My arguement is not refuted..

I just don't see the point in trying to justify a reason to whine when there is none..
You don't need to try and find a reason to justify the complaints, the reason is self-explanatory. With this current event half of the classes are now able to a) gain an increase to some of their stats, b) transfer part of their weapons from one character to another whilst the other half of the advanced classes cannot and are looking at having to wait 5 months at the very least. It doesn't matter how you dress it, some player characters are not benefiting from this event and are looking at almost half a years wait until they can reap the same benefits that other players are getting now, and you expect people to be happy with that?
Wedge: "I don't like this notion of dovin basal mines that pursue you."
Han: "Me, either. I'm going to draft a strongly worded letter to the Yuuzhan Vong high commander and insist he stop using them."

Anvil's Avatar


Anvil
08.17.2012 , 03:26 PM | #217
FAIL! thats really al i can think of to say with regard to this and the policy behind the rewards for this event. Nothing but a big fail by the Devs for creating an event with limited class specific rewards. Guess BW really is saving all the good stuff for the cash shop now.
The Earthshaker Legacy - Dalborra
SWTOR won't truly represent the spirit of Star Wars until numerous iconic star wars non-human alien species are playable.

Maltuvion's Avatar


Maltuvion
08.17.2012 , 03:50 PM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Actually it isn't.. Since when is there any kind of a time limit and since when do you get to define it?? If your arguement is 5 months.. Then you simply have no arguement.. Even if the next event is 5 years from now, the arguement still applies.. There is no time limit.. Bioware is the only one that can set a time frame.. Not us..

So actually no.. My arguement is not refuted..

I just don't see the point in trying to justify a reason to whine when there is none..
I am not setting a time limit. I am referring to what one of their own lead developers cited as their GOAL for the next event, which he also stated they may or may not make. I am not presenting an argument; I am referring to what is arguably one of the most reliable sources of fact. That fact happened to pertain to your argument, and utterly refute your opinion. That is still the case.

Gabe Amatagnelo stated the goal for releasing the next event was January. That is our best estimate currently. And it is fundamentally problematic because it validates all the opinions that you derogate as 'whine', even though people raise some poignant issues and questions some dubious design choices.

However, I suspect it's pointless applying to your common sense, since you have already once disregarded obvious facts from reliable sources. I'd also find this hilarious if it wasn't outright tragic:
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
I just don't see the point in trying to justify a reason to whine when there is none..
- People have a right to an opinion. People's reason for 'whining' are their own. Some are substantiated and well-argued, others are more impulsive knee-jerk reactions. However, believing yourself to be the arbiter of what constitutes good reason for people voicing their opinion is a slippery slope at best. You should strive to refrain from doing it.

Vemtaz's Avatar


Vemtaz
08.17.2012 , 04:21 PM | #219
Soooo disappointing...

Morrolan's Avatar


Morrolan
08.17.2012 , 04:45 PM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Actually it isn't.. Since when is there any kind of a time limit and since when do you get to define it?? If your arguement is 5 months.. Then you simply have no arguement.. Even if the next event is 5 years from now, the arguement still applies.. There is no time limit.. Bioware is the only one that can set a time frame.. Not us..

So actually no.. My arguement is not refuted..
.
Yeah it is actually, rewards only being available to a minority of classes only works if events are frequent. From all the information we have events in this game won't be frequent. God knows why not I mean this event looks like it was produced in a day.
[harbinger]
Alieraxx - Sentinel / Morroian - Shadow / Sereorin - Slinger
Miranda-Zero - Operative / Whiskey-jackxx - Powertech