Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CorellianWannabe
08.17.2012 , 09:43 AM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

I wanted to take a bit of time to explain the reasoning behind the weapon selection on the vendor. As you know, each SWTOR event that we do is unique and this also applies to the variety of items offered. That is, if you don’t find anything that you think is useful during this event, you may find a different assortment of items in the next one. Your feedback is definitely appreciated and we’ll look into different ways to improve our item selection in the future.

Thanks for participating!
So what restriction will it be next time? Double-bladed and offhand sabers only? Pistols after that? Then mainhand sabers? Then shields? Then foci? Then assault cannons? Then back to rifles?

Galbatorrix
08.17.2012 , 09:46 AM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by Illiyana View Post
No, it doesn't. That being said, it's the first legacy item that you can place crystals into. Let the Imp to Pub crystal smuggling begin!
Ah, I see.

CorellianWannabe
08.17.2012 , 09:46 AM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by ImperialSun View Post
Generalise much? I and a few other posters in this thread who are grown ups do not feel "slapped in the face" by the fact I dont have a class specific reward as part of this event. Talk about special little snowflake syndrome.

As long as each class gets their turn with weapon rewards available through the live events then you have nothing to complain about. All you are really sayign here if we are is honest is "some people have things that I can have/use and that is not acceptable to me because I should be included/most important in all decisions".....well thats just life.

My point is can you not just enjoy the content? Why does it matter if Ops get a weapon in this event and BHs get a weapon in the next event for example? Just take part in both and enjoy them for what they are....I would be happy without any rewards, just the title would be enough....

Just because someone gets somehting ahead of you does not make it a fail anything...it just means you need to wait your turn and be patient....my 12 year old understands this!?!?!?!

Driz
And when will these events occur? Every 6 weeks like the latest projection? Or more realistically every 3-4 months?

So what if your spec couldn't even get the title but others could? At least you had fun in the clicking boxes race of 2012?

Selenial
08.17.2012 , 09:50 AM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

I wanted to blow this thread up into even more of a flame war, by telling you what we decided was a good idea, even though it pretty much alienates 1/4 of the classes
Basically, were thinking that were going to make each event have different weapons and items for different classes, so if, god forbid. You miss ONE of the events thats tailored to your class, Your screwed! And have to wait another couple years...

Thanks for participating! We sure did enjoy the LOLZ of seeing you realise you dont get anything decent for the shear grind fest, and don't forget the shear LOLZ of you pitting against each other for 3 days straight! Completely ruining the idea of a community event
There. I shaved away the Normal CS Responce and showed what you really meant.
Hope i helped
I myself am going to go cry in a corner for a bit, because i actually have a life, and knowing my luck,ill miss the only event with any Knight, Inquisitor, or Scoundrel items.
Complete Let Down.
Im ashamed of you Bioware. You've officially managed to get a loyal customer who never deserted the game, who never posted anything in the way of an argument to any bioware points, to completely, and utterly, Lose faith
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

GooseGrims
08.17.2012 , 09:51 AM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
There. I shaved away the Normal CS Responce and showed what you really meant.
Hope i helped
oh snap!
◄█||||||||()█╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Selenial
08.17.2012 , 10:03 AM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by GooseGrims View Post
oh snap!
They deserved it.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.

CorellianWannabe
08.17.2012 , 10:03 AM | #187
Quote: Originally Posted by juanni View Post
Commandos can use blaster rifles at no penalty.
Then why bother making the cannons? So they won't fight with vanguards over gear drops?

Selenial
08.17.2012 , 10:05 AM | #188
Quote: Originally Posted by CorellianWannabe View Post
Then why bother making the cannons? So they won't fight with vanguards over gear drops?
They lose DPS. That guy was wrong. However healing commandos can use them fine, and they tend to get targetted in pvp less if they arent using a canon

CorellianWannabe
08.17.2012 , 10:06 AM | #189
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
WOW doesn't even allow you to send items across server. And Bind to Legacy means that EVERYONE can use these items. Maybe not on any character they want to, but they most certainly can get the items and either send them to an alts that can use them, or put them up for future alts.

And again, the color crystals where aimed at lightsaber users. To say otherwise is just being naive. No rifle/pistol user cared.

The fact is, Bioware put a unique/iconic set of weapons on the vendor for this event and then made those items bind to legacy so that everyone could use them on some of their characters. If they'd have made them bind on pickup, I'd understand the complaining. As is, you guys are just being babies. Big surprise there...... this game seems to have attracted almost nothing but entitled babies.
So it's ok for smugglers and bounty hunters to get shafted in both events? Don't worry folks, your event might get here before f2p opens-if not for the low price of xxx cartel coins you can participate and maybe get something for your characters!

veyl
08.17.2012 , 10:10 AM | #190
Quote: Originally Posted by Illiyana View Post
No, it doesn't. That being said, it's the first legacy item that you can place crystals into. Let the Imp to Pub crystal smuggling begin!
It's amazing how many people don't realize that you can use these items to transfer BARRELS and CRYSTALS to the opposite faction now. If you're leveling alts (like this game is designed for you to do) you should be extremely happy and start pimping your fresh 50 alt out with your geared 50 toon's left overs. It might cost you 55k'ish per full move (removing the barrel from one, placing in BoA weapon, Removing barrel when it's on opposite faction, but still. Saves you the burden from having to pug and pray on that new toon, right?