Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
melee and blaster pistol users thrown under the bus?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MerkSauce
08.15.2012 , 07:31 AM | #1
I notice the vendor for Grand Acquisition Race is only selling weapons useable by Agent/Trooper, have they announced anything where they may be adding melee/blaster pistols to the vendor? Or maybe even some color crystals, or anything worth having? Dont get me wrong sweet quest, just curious to see if anyone has heard about the vendor at all.

Felioats
08.15.2012 , 07:38 AM | #2
Nothing on the dev tracker, though you're not the only one who's noticed I'm sure.

It is a little weird. I would expect them to add to it, but then again I don't see why they would launch the vendor without all of the items.
>

Ryat
08.15.2012 , 07:39 AM | #3
I hope so. I have 8 toons and only one can use anything in there. (aside from the sand people armor and low end speeder)

MerkSauce
08.15.2012 , 07:51 AM | #4
Yeah i have a few 50's luckily one is an operative, and she isnt super geared yet. Only battlemaster. However the bow caster ended up being only 4 points lower than battle master blaster so i got one good thing. I just feel like they wouldnt neglect over half of the users. Im thinking/hoping they add something bigggg. They added stuff for rakghoul event didnt they?

a white/black color crystal would be sweet to add ( bioware )

Jamus_Divinus
08.15.2012 , 07:54 AM | #5
It's the strangest design decision I've ever seen in an MMO. You hype up an event. People wait for it for months. It arrives. The rewards are ONLY for a small % of the playerbase? My mind is well and truly boggled!
Star Wars Galaxies - Bria Server - April 2005- December 2011
200,000,000+ Mounts:192/206 Pets:170/178
Achievement points:26500 Ships mastered: 20/24

metalgearyoda
08.15.2012 , 07:57 AM | #6
3/8 classes benefit from this event.

GG.

(2 of which are empire. Sorry pubs.)
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

MerkSauce
08.15.2012 , 08:05 AM | #7
they have to be adding something...its to big of an event....fingers crossed

MillionsKNives
08.15.2012 , 08:07 AM | #8
Does no one else realize that this is a Bind on Legacy weapon? You can smuggle color crystals across sides now. Purple lightsaber on pubs, blue-black on imp, etc.

ReverendAnderson
08.15.2012 , 08:11 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamus_Divinus View Post
It's the strangest design decision I've ever seen in an MMO. You hype up an event. People wait for it for months. It arrives. The rewards are ONLY for a small % of the playerbase? My mind is well and truly boggled!
They didn't hype this thing for months. The put out a video like two days ago.
"That's two sound theories in one day, neither of which deal with abnormally sized men."

thatghost
08.15.2012 , 08:25 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MerkSauce View Post
They added stuff for rakghoul event didnt they?
Not that I recall, no. Could be wrong but I don't remember anything being added after day 1.

The rewards for this event are absurd, and I don't just refer to the lack of melee & blasters. And if I finish it I get a new title (woo.hoo.) and an albino version of the free transfer pet? Meh. I'll just snag some sand people gear for companions and be done with it (for some reason the idea of Talos in the full set is bemusing).

But on topic- this lack of weapons for anyone outside a select couple classes is baffling how many threads on this is it going to take to get some kind of response one way or the other? Never mind, don't answer that lol...

Back to farming crates. Black Hole deja vu.
Me + buildings = oops
The Vyxx Legacy | The Shadowlands
The Sadi Legacy | The Harbinger

Fanfic: Grey. Red. Black.