Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Heavy Fabricator boss fight

wetslampigduex
08.15.2012 , 09:08 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ronniehenlau View Post
The reason we blow the middle one, is to get rid of the stun droids. I've had several wipes on NiM because the healer that's down by the conveyor belt gets chainstunned by 3-4 stun droids, or one of the tanks is stunned inside a fire.
I will say tho, Im usually doing this on NiM, and the way we're doing it now is by far the easiest way we've done it.
But that may just be my opinion :>
I do this on NiM mode aswell.. Why is your tank in the fire area never has to be nor does anyone else... there is only 2 stund droids that can possibly hit you if u keep him to the right

Kaonis
08.15.2012 , 09:23 AM | #12
I skipped others replies so maybe I'm just iterating, either way this is how my guild runs fabricator on both SM and HM, and we one shot him with ease every time.

Both tanks stand with their backs to the right wall so they can't get knocked back and move the boss. If you have a melee DPS on boss then he can stand off to the side or with the tanks, and be in range for full DPS and not worry about getting hit by the laser.

We have 3 other DPS on the puzzle just solving rapidly and doing nothing but spamming the laser. We keep the boss in place, and you have no need to move him since moving the bottom 3 piece to another spot then back to the right allows you to refire the laser once it's restacked. The goal for the people up top is constant barrage of the laser. If you manage to keep the armor debuff up on the boss then no droids will spawn and the fight is super easy from there. So long as your DPS isn't god awful, and I mean really god awful, if they have a half decent spec and know what a rotation is that's enough DPR to beat the boss.

I suggest when you picked your 3 DPS to do the laser you have them practice the puzzle a number of times until they get it down with ease. If they are really fast they can prevent the droids from spawning, if they mess up too much you'll have droids on top of everything else. But luckily the puzzle solvers in my guild are really fast so we've yet to have any droids spawn in a number of months.

mikebevo
08.15.2012 , 09:34 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Anrew View Post
A good half of us are augmented. .
Easy solution, get all DPS Augmented even if it is with blues. I heal this all the time with different groups from a guild alliance. I just fill in when any group is short a healer as my group has moved past this stage. I've seen all the different strategies and different group make ups but since the removed the stacking debuffs, a group that is close to fully augmented is the best strategy for a smooth run.
My vote is to get everyone augmented, it makes a world of difference for healers and tanks too, but at least get the dps augmented

Fdzzaigl
08.15.2012 , 10:17 AM | #14
You can do it with only 2 people up, but as your puzzle solving might be too slow, 3 is probably the way to go.

We always used to switch R-->L and skipped the middle one, make sure to knock the proximity mines back. Usually a problem for us was the DPS not focusing on the stun droids fast enough. Those should go down in the blink of an eye, you should stun the stun droids, this prevents them from doing their annoying aoe stun thing on your DPS.

Depending on your tank's gear level and your healers, you can also do it without 2 dedicated tanks. I used to tank it solo (vanguard tank), I simply took nearly the max amount of stacks then a DPS group member (guardian for us) just switched to tank stance, taunted, took 3-4 stacks and I taunted back.

Another important wipe factor for us was people not moving out when they had the yellow exploding marker thing. If they explode on your tank when he's already taking massive damage, that can easily cause a wipe.

Satedbuffalo
08.15.2012 , 12:28 PM | #15
We've been very successful with constant burns on the right (starting) pad.

We leave 3 people up top (1 healer w/ knockback and our two weakest dps). We build up the right column, burn. Move all pieces out of the right column (no need to rebuild elsewhere or fire elsewhere). Rebuild right column, burn. It takes 10-20 seconds between burns. Each burn increases damage dealt very significantly.

In effect Fabricator has zero armor and a major debuff through the entire fight. Between the two tanks and two dps on the ground, he goes down well before the enrage timer. Just be sure to have your strongest DPS on the ground and that they know how to maintain constant damage, and you'll be golden.

Our tanks usually swap around 4/5, with one standing to the left of Fabricator and one standing in front. Our healer on the ground finds the 'sweet spot' (avoiding all stun droids). The non-tanking tank and 1 dps are respondible for the one stun droid that spawn in front of fabricator.

This fight was once a monster, but it's absurdly easy with this strategy.
One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!

Khevar
08.15.2012 , 01:20 PM | #16
I'm sure I'm not going to add anything that hasn't already been said, but this is what we do for HM:

1. Healer / dps up top. Healer stands on top of console against back wall. dps uses knockback on proximity droids if possible, dodges others, eats a few explosions which are healed through. Dps doesn't fight droids and can focus on solving the puzzle.

2. Second healer in doorway by fabricator.

3. Keep him at position one.

4. Tank swap at 6-8 stacks.

5. 1 dps assigned to kill stun droid next to fabricator, one dps assigned to kill stun droid next to healer.

The only time we wipe these days is if someone has a grenade and doesn't move away from the group, overtaxing the healers.

Anrew
08.15.2012 , 03:16 PM | #17
Our last attempt we ended up pugging a tank and two of our less geared dps and me as a healer were up top. We were going through the puzzle pretty quickly. Only time we slowed down was when i healed or bubbled one of the others. We were keeping the boss under the initial burner. I believe that we were having issues with the explosion thing, but I don't "think" it was a big thing.. We were killing two stun droids the one on the boss and the other by the door. I couldn't tell you how big of an issue the droids were sadly..
I've only cleared KP hm twice and with other guilds once on my healer where we pathed him left and right and on my tank where we just stayed in one spot.

Just wanted to add that I guess our healer below was being a bit overtaxed down below due to the sticky grenade thing. What is the method of making the stun droid by the door not do anything. When I tanked it last on story mode I just taunted the droid on the boss granted the other tanks stacks got a little high, but kept healer and a dps clear.
Also for the dps on the boss which direction do you generally run with the grenade?

Vugluskr
08.16.2012 , 12:10 AM | #18
You can not keep Fabricator in one spot in Hard Mode and you should move him between fire and ice nozzles. 3 people on top I found unnecessary because you need to click only 14 times and after right nozzle fires you want everyone to damage the boss while he is red. Moving Fabricator takes some time and you have enough time to solve puzzle with only 2 people. Practice helps.

Stun-droids can be killed in 2 GCD if all DD focus fire. Droid near doorway should be killed first to free healer. Also it can be stunned to buy some time.

The main damage source to your group is explosive "markers". If you do not run away from group with it on you, it will stress your healer. Where to run? rDD can run inside doorway. mDD can run in the hall and jump on boss after explosion. Rule No1: never stand where you can blow active tank because on 10 stacks it one shot kills him.

Khevar
08.16.2012 , 12:24 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Vugluskr View Post
You can not keep Fabricator in one spot in Hard Mode and you should move him between fire and ice nozzles.

While moving the Fab between left and right is a valid strategy, you absolutely can do HM keeping him under the fire nozzle. We just did that last night with a handful of new people. They weren't very well geared so the DPS was low and we barely missed the enrage timer.

Had we moved him to the left position we would have hit enrage, as ice doesn't add the damage increase buff.

I ran the puzzle up top and was able to run right along the edge of the platform, so I only had to deal with 3 proximity droids per puzzle fire. The first one I knocked back. The second one I dpsed down and the third one I ate the damage.

Satedbuffalo
08.16.2012 , 01:04 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Vugluskr View Post
You can not keep Fabricator in one spot in Hard Mode and you should move him between fire and ice nozzles. 3 people on top I found unnecessary because you need to click only 14 times and after right nozzle fires you want everyone to damage the boss while he is red. Moving Fabricator takes some time and you have enough time to solve puzzle with only 2 people. Practice helps.
You do not need to move from original position in HM or NiM mode. It's actually easier to pull off in HM.
One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!