Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Heavy Fabricator boss fight

Anrew
08.15.2012 , 07:07 AM | #1
Hi, my guild and I seem to have issues beating this boss on hm within the enrage timer. I honestly can't tell you if the stun droids are messing with us, but I don't think they are. He usually enrages around 20% on us. Last attempt we've been doing is leaving 3 people up top for the controls and we can fly through that. I'm kinda wondering if having that extra person up top is messing with us. Our general group make up is
shadow tank
vanguard tank
2 sage heals
commando
gunslinger
then our last two spots kinda bounce around from
vangaurd dps, sage dps and then commandos.

A good half of us are augmented. And have at least a couple black hole pieces. Weapon wise however we are equivalent to colmni, bm or wh. ANyway any tips would be nice on how to pick up our dps a bit on this fight so old.

ronniehenlau
08.15.2012 , 07:12 AM | #2
3 people up is the 'correct' way to do it (its doable without, but best is with 3). How do you do the puzzle? Do you go fire the middle one both on the way over and on the way back from/to the first area?

If the boss starts at fire 1, middle is fire 2 and left is fire 3, we usually just go:
1 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 3

This removes the mines just as they spawn (sometimes we have to live with them for a few seconds, but not so much that it becomes a problem).

Do you have ranged dps standing up there? Are they doing some dps after you fire each thingie? This could pick up a lot of slack. Is everyone popping adrenals/relics?

I'll see if I can update this post a bit more when I get home from work :>

Karasuko
08.15.2012 , 07:21 AM | #3
Our strats a little different.we only use the starting fire point.
1 tank on the boss 1 on the consoles.using charge the tanks swap when the debuff gets high.
1 healer and 1 dps on consoles.
rest of raid downstairs doing the downstairs thing.

With 3 people on consoles you can very quickly chain the dumping mechanism meaning that each person downstairs is worth 2 people, yes tank damage does get abit rough but with swapping it makes life easier.

As to the puzzle thats the hardest part of the fight.
Go through some dummy runs swapping back and forth till you can get it done quickly and cleanly. Don;t be afraid to communicate
Ie 3 to mid, take it, 3 mid taking it. etc etc, practise the communication part.

Most important thing I've found on this fight is simple.Personal dps doesn't count for squat. Focus on dumping the fire on him everyy time quickly and your dps contribution will massively outweigh the peoples downstairs.Yes its boring doing the puzzle but hey dead bosses are more fun then repair bills and running back.

Vugluskr
08.15.2012 , 07:32 AM | #4
I recommend 2 people on puzzle: healer (or healing class) and someone else. You do not have to blow droids - just push/throw them away from buttons.

1 healer down. Tanks switch on 6-7 stacks if healer can not outheal 10 stacks on the tank without switching.

Move droid from left to right and back skipping middle (it just removes droids). Kill stun-droids ASAP. Healer should stay near the wall, so only one droid to kill to "free" him. Remember to run away from group if you are marked.

The_Bunmaster
08.15.2012 , 08:14 AM | #5
My guild does only the right burner, with 2 puzzle solvers up top. As for tanks, we don't really wait for 5+ stacks to swap. The tanks swap when their stacks are gone ( usually about 4 stacks), it's feels more automatic and easier.

If the boss enrages at 20%, it probably means your puzzle solving is too slow. By only using the right burner, the boss has max debuff uptime. The puzzle solvers dps untill the debuff is gone. The only stun droid annoying us is nuked when it spawns. The mines on the consoles are knocked out of range or suicided by a healer. Or have the healer do the left and center console, let a ranged dps sit ON top of the right console and ignore the mine, since he can dps the boss from there.

As said before, you can practice the puzzle before firing it. Give it a few practice runs. This boss = the puzzle. Your tanks and melee dps should also be aware of missle marker.

LarryRow
08.15.2012 , 08:21 AM | #6
Yes, only use position 1. Three people on consoles, ideally at least 1 can off heal - send to far console. Healer on near console, weakest dps at mid console. Tanks swap every time the debuff expires. Typically won't stack past 3 in this case, keeping damage low and healing easy.

The most important thing is for people with the yellow mark to get away quick. This is almost always the cause of wipes when I'm in there.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

wetslampigduex
08.15.2012 , 08:28 AM | #7
The best an easiest way to do this fight is to keep the boss is the same place he starts the whole time. Put a healer up on the middle control(so he can heal the other 2 ppl up there doing the puzzle with him). Have a DPS on the side controls i.e. 1 left and 1 right. Keep both tanks on the ground switching focus at 5 stacks of the debuff to start then taunting him back when the stacks drop off(should never get higher than 4-5 on either tank makes it very easy on the healer as well). Now for the puzzle it self all 3 pieces have to be moved out of the far right side to reset it(starting side).

The best way to do is Send 1 up, middle takes 1, send 2 up, far left takes 2, middle sends 1 up, far left takes 1, right sends 3 up, mid takes 3, mid sends 3 up, right takes 3, left sends 1 up, mid takes 1, left sends 2 up, right takes 2, mid sends 1 up, right side takes 1, FIRE. ( remember you cant put a higher number on top of a lower number)

If u do it this way you can pretty much have the dmg debuff on the boss the entire time. My guild has done this fight in under 2 mins before. you should also never have to move except if someone gets the bomb on them.

Place your tanks in front of the droid towards one side on the yellow(maybe green idk im colorblind) line the boxes in the area where the fire come down. Have your dps(if melee) stand right on top of that line(as long as they dont step over the line they are fine wonnt get burnt to a crisp) have the healer stand back behind the droid.

The only stun droid you should really have to worry about is the one that spawn directly on top of where you are tanking him. If u have a ranged dps you can place him directly on top of where the middle stun droid spawn and by doing this(for what ever reason) the droid doesnt attack/stun. Good luck hope this makes your life easier

wetslampigduex
08.15.2012 , 08:30 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Vugluskr View Post
I recommend 2 people on puzzle: healer (or healing class) and someone else. You do not have to blow droids - just push/throw them away from buttons.

1 healer down. Tanks switch on 6-7 stacks if healer can not outheal 10 stacks on the tank without switching.

Move droid from left to right and back skipping middle (it just removes droids). Kill stun-droids ASAP. Healer should stay near the wall, so only one droid to kill to "free" him. Remember to run away from group if you are marked.
i do not recommend this^ too much down time

Sylin
08.15.2012 , 09:00 AM | #9
On SM, we just leave Fabs on the fire (right) side and keep a healer and a dps up top. The healer operates the left 2 switches--we prefer a sorc so he can bubble himself and also Overload to push the droids away. The dps operates the right switch/fire mechanism--and we prefer a sniper so he can also push droids out of the way, and dps the boss when not doing switches.

Down below we have 2 tanks that taunt back and forth depending on stacks. Being dps melee-heavy can be problematic with satchel charges, but our guild seems to do a good job of moving away from the group when they get one so they don't blow everyone up. Those charges, IMO, are the single biggest reason why this fight fails for some--it just starts a chain reaction of damage and puts undue stress on healers.

* The only stun droids you need to worry about with this strat are the far right and middle ones -- ignore the far left.
* Save Bloodthirst for right after a firing, for max dps.

On HM, the strat is a bit different. We walk Fabs from right (fire) to left (cold), and repeat. (Is there even a middle firing area? If so, we don't use it.) As a result, the ranged dps we have up top moves to the middle platform so he can dps when Fabs is on either side. He will either operate 2 switches, or the healer up there with him will do switches 1 and 3.

Obviously with this method, you have to kill all 3 stun droids when they pop up, but they're hardly a challenge. The only issue is with people blowing up others with charges while they sprint back to the boss (have seen marauders get blown up mid-air while force jumping to the boss -- very funny).

I will say this: the Fabs fight, and by extension the whole of KP, is soooo much easier with 16 instead of 8, even on HM. You can keep 3 people up top, or even 4 if you want a backup in case of an untimely death, and it's still a cakewalk down below.
[ [ [ S Y L I N ] ] ]
‎"I'm programmed to understand over 100 languages and dialects,
and in not one is the phrase "on fire" positive when referring to a person!"

ronniehenlau
08.15.2012 , 09:04 AM | #10
The reason we blow the middle one, is to get rid of the stun droids. I've had several wipes on NiM because the healer that's down by the conveyor belt gets chainstunned by 3-4 stun droids, or one of the tanks is stunned inside a fire.
I will say tho, Im usually doing this on NiM, and the way we're doing it now is by far the easiest way we've done it.
But that may just be my opinion :>