Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Newbie here want to play but can't get on!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Newbie here want to play but can't get on!

Formermonk
08.15.2012 , 04:34 AM | #1
I have installed SWTOR off of the 3 disc set, set up my billing and I am ready to ply. My issue is that every time I hit Plya I end up back at my desktop. Anyone else had this or getting this?

Ashaari
08.15.2012 , 05:52 AM | #2
For best results try posting this question on the Tech Support forums where you will stand a better chance of a constructive answer to your issue.

Alternatively email support@swtor.com, tghey are normally quite quick in responding with known probable solutions.

Best of luck solving your issue!

GalaxyStrong
08.15.2012 , 11:04 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Formermonk View Post
I have installed SWTOR off of the 3 disc set, set up my billing and I am ready to ply. My issue is that every time I hit Plya I end up back at my desktop. Anyone else had this or getting this?
I have had this happen before. I play on a Widows 7 computer and when I start the game it sometimes automatically minimizes itself. When this happens to me a small SWTOR icon shows up at the bottom of my computer and if I click on it the game usually restores (maximizes....whatever you want to call it) and then I can play. I would assume the same thing can happen on older OS system. Make sure your OS has it's latest SERVICE PAC. When I tried to play Diablo 3 for the first it kept closing the game and giving me an error. When I updated my OS with latest service pac it cleared up the problem. Unfortunately D3 is such a bad game that I now use the disc as COASTER for my soda's.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Bida
08.16.2012 , 07:26 AM | #4
Some people have to set the SWTOR.exe file to run as administrator, and run in Win XP mode.

Owsley
08.16.2012 , 08:56 AM | #5
I suggest you read the Launcher Troubleshooting Guide in the Customer Service forum
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=419492

There are many issues that can cause this.
"But war, organised war, is not a human instinct. It is a highly planned and co-operative form of theft."
Jacob Bronowski - The Ascent of Man