Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is wrong with my comp?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
What is wrong with my comp?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zinzell
08.15.2012 , 04:14 AM | #1
My toshiba satellite P755 cannot run this game on anything besides the lowest graphics settings. Shadows are off and shader complexity is very low. And even then it will still slow down in some places and during larger fights.
I don't know much about this kind of stuff but It seemed to me like this laptop is pretty decent. The specs are

Model: Toshiba satellite P755
Processor: Intel(R) core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz
RAM: 6.00 GB
System type: 64-bit operating system

Cant find video card.

all I want is to run it with at least low shadows and low shader complexity. the game looks terrible without it.

Atramar
08.15.2012 , 04:19 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Zinzell View Post
Cant find video card.
here's ur problem, you prodobly have built in intel thingy.

mobile processors take shadows pretty heavy, shader shoudln't be a problem. I've been runing this game on laptop too, you can get used to no shadows.

Cerimon
08.15.2012 , 04:24 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Zinzell,

Please post your Dxdiag file here with the computer name removed so we can advise on any hardware or driver issues you may have.

Obtaining a DxDiag File:
  1. Press Windows Key + R
  2. Enter in the following window “DxDiag” and press ENTER or “OK”.
    Depending on the OS, you may have to confirm a popup window, to include WHQL signatures. It is safe to
    press YES/OK here.
  3. Now you have the “DirectX Diagnostic Tool” open
  4. Click on “Save All Information…” and save the file at any location convenient (default: Desktop)
    The saved file is now available under the location previously chosen.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Zinzell
08.15.2012 , 05:40 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
here's ur problem, you prodobly have built in intel thingy.

mobile processors take shadows pretty heavy, shader shoudln't be a problem. I've been runing this game on laptop too, you can get used to no shadows.
So I should just get a new video card?

Zinzell
08.15.2012 , 05:41 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Zinzell,

Please post your Dxdiag file here with the computer name removed so we can advise on any hardware or driver issues you may have.

Obtaining a DxDiag File:
  1. Press Windows Key + R
  2. Enter in the following window “DxDiag” and press ENTER or “OK”.
    Depending on the OS, you may have to confirm a popup window, to include WHQL signatures. It is safe to
    press YES/OK here.
  3. Now you have the “DirectX Diagnostic Tool” open
  4. Click on “Save All Information…” and save the file at any location convenient (default: Desktop)
    The saved file is now available under the location previously chosen.

Thank you for your cooperation.
how do I upload it here

Atramar
08.15.2012 , 05:54 AM | #6
windows key + R (on standard keyboard between left alt and ctrl, or in laptop case, it's usualy next to (fn) button, it has windows logo on it) , type DXDIAG (can be lowercase, doesnt matter), new window will open, click 'save all information', it will save as TXT file in folder you select. copy/paste all text and delete ur personal info like
Machine name: XXXXXXXXX

post it here. (nice if u make it in SPOILER tag, if u dont know how to do it, don't worry, dev will)

Cerimon
08.15.2012 , 06:22 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Zinzell,

Do not worry about the spoiler tags. If you just paste the contents of the dxdiag file into your next post that will be fine. Let us know if you have difficulty with my, or Atramars' instructions on saving the file.

Thanks.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support