Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Constant lag spikes and disconnets from server...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Constant lag spikes and disconnets from server...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zamppa
08.15.2012 , 03:45 AM | #1
I have been playing from the release and since yesterday evening around 5 PM GMT+2 and today morning I have been experiencing a lot of lag and disconnecting from the server The Red Eclipse. The game lags for a dozen seconds and then either continues or crashes to the serverlist and gives me the error code 9000 or 1003.

The game has worked without connection problems since lauch and yesterday morning and afternoon but suddenly yesterday evening and today this has been happening. Sometimes I can play for 10-15 minutes, sometimes for and hour or two and then it begins again. Sometimes after logging back in it lags immediately after login and then works for 10-15 minutes and then disconnect again.

It was most odd because the game was working normally yesterday morning and afternoon but since the evening something happened. I did not get any updates to my software between those times. My internet connection still works normally when these disconnects from your server happen.
"What can you say - I'm a talented individual"
- Revan to Bastila on Taris

Cerimon
08.15.2012 , 03:50 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Zamppa,

If you are receiving this error it can indicate an issue with your network connection.

If there is no current server downtime please check the following to help resolve your issue:
  • Restart the game and attempt to login again.
  • Ensure that your network connection is stable. If you are using a wireless connection, try to see if using a wired connection improves the issue.
  • You may try power-cycling your router by turning its power off waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on again.
  • You may need to remove and re-add an exception for SWTOR.exe and launcher.exe to your Firewall and Anti-Virus.
  • Please go to the following location if you have installed the game in its default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
    From there, delete the file called DiskCacheArena. The DiskCacheArena file is recreated whenever the game starts so it is not harmful to delete this file.
  • Check Windows Task Manager for any software updates such as Google or Flash that may be interfering with your game connectivity.
  • If you utilize a VPN for your connection, you need to ensure that the game is allowed to communicate through the VPN. If you are using a proxy server, please ensure that it is configured correctly in Internet Explorer.
  • If you have any third party traffic management software running on your computer, you can try disabling it.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Zamppa
08.15.2012 , 04:46 AM | #3
Hey and thanks for the quick answer...

- I have done the game restart several times
- The network connection seems to be stable because there are no disconnects from the internet
- I always switch off the router for nights so that has been done aswell
- The antivirus software is up to date and exceptions have been made
- I will try this delete trcik if the problem continues tomorrow
- There are no open tasks when I play the game to ensure the whole connection is able to be used by SWTOR

I shall keep looking and if the problem still persists I shall contact my network provider...They tend to have some problems from time to time. Thanks for the quick answer and I will surely contact you again if the problem persists.
"What can you say - I'm a talented individual"
- Revan to Bastila on Taris